Tempodrum's Party Machine (TPM)

Greetings,

I wanted to share my build - the current I am at 69 and the finalized version of it.

First things first, here is where I am:

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAP0CcQSzBVsMfQ5IEH8RlhRNFLAWbxa_F1AXVBmFGjgdFCKBJDwkqiepNuk5UjowOthDY0bXSTtJUUwtTdhObVXGWAdY9VptXcZgbWaebRlwUnDVcU1yfn5Zf8aBb4IegziLjIx2jjyPRpBVms-boZ2AncSePKIAoqOnCKdcp4SsmLcxuJO8N8AawFHB88aez2XQ0Nrd2wvd8-Fz42rjhOw47SDwH_DZ8Xbz6vfX-tI=

Been successfully running maps and stuff and generally almost anything.

The finalized build would be at:

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAP0CcQLjAv4EswVbB6UMfQ5IEH8RlhRNFLAWbxa_F1AXVBmFGjgdFCKBJDwkqiaVJ6kqWyycLR826TlSOjA62ELDQ2NEq0bXSTtJUUmyTC1N2E5tVUtVrlXGVkpYB1j1Wm1dxl3yYG1h4maebRlte3BScNVxTXJ-fll_xoFvghCCHoM4h9uLjIw2jHaOPI9Gj6aQVZUEms-boZ2AncSePKIAoqOnCKdcp4SsmK-btDi3MbiTvDfAGsBRwfPGns9l0NDSGdVP1tHa3dsL3fPed9-E37Dhc-Nq44TlGew47SDwH_DZ8Xbz6vfX-tL79Q==

Variation can be if you feel that you do not need that much damage nodes you can swap them for life.

The beauty of the build is that if you do find the templar a little bit too religious in your taste; you can do the same as a witch or a shadow.

Some key issues of the build:

* Can run multiple auras (my self I roll with 5) which contributes nicely for the group boost. - and if you decide to drop all dexterity based auras it frees up you a few skill points to be used for some extra health if you think you need em.

* Inner Force gives you nice boost for the buffs you gain from auras giving you some space to breath when choosing your equipment (especially with Purity).

* Permanent double curses - or add a few items and you get 5. From my personal perspective these proved to be a quite winner's choice when I was considering my build at early levels and were not sure if I should take them or not; luckily I did as only with two temporal chains + enfeeble gives you a very nice upper hand in most cases in a hard situations.

I have to give props for Grocery to come up with the templar FP/EB build which I used as a starting point adding curses and modifying the pathing somewhat.

To see his forum post and links to videos here:

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/182480/page/1

Gemming and how to start with, at early levels it is probably faster to grab a huge 2h club or staff and beat the living crap out of anything that comes to your way and then switch to freezing pulse when you think you can manage it.

Problem is that you do not get LMP as a templar from quests so you need to improvise either dual box a few for yourself from a nub ranger (killing weaver - and later kill it second time for another LMP) or buy them off the trade chat / forums.

So, gemming your freezing pulse with LMP and try also grab Faster Casting.

At level 31 another funky utility and damage path opens to you as you can use Spell Totem - Link it with Ice Spear, LMP (you dualboxed the weavers twice, right?) and add a few other gems you might find useful ie. faster casting, faster projectiles + added lightning damage/or something else you find that suits you and works with your linked sockets.

Not only the multiple projectile ice spear totem does some damage it also has chance to freeze the targets, but wait, that is not all! You can also use it to scout rooms where you don't really want to run head on and it pulls the aggro very nicely - sometimes you can just spam it there to get rid of some of the resistance that holds the ground in the mentioned area while being safe and sound around the corner yourself.

When you get some currency that you think you can afford some fancier gems and can handle the mana cost increase, pickup two Greater Multiple Projectile (GMP) gems and switch your LMPs to those (although I recommend levelling them up first slightly to negate the -dmg penalty).

Some final recommendations are that you'd be using Armor gear with high life and resists - however you can add a few +ES items as well if you think you need more mana pool and find good items that provide substantial increase to ES.

Other than that caster shield and sceptre has been working pretty nicely for me. I tested wands at one point, but due my personal preference I found it to be a lack cluster due movement skills ie. Leap Slam that works nicely with sceptres - did not like lightning warp due the horrible delay in the teleport - but if you can tolerate it wands rock too.

My gear isn't very good, but has served me nicely this far, can see some pointers below - currenlty in process trying to get green sockets to my sceptre, but the RNG Gods are laughing at my expense.

Gear:

Spoiler

And the flasks I run with:

Spoiler

If you got some suggestions for the build please free to post or comment otherwise.

At some point if I ever find 6 linked staff + Kaom's heart I would probably move to those.

- Tempo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info