Incinerate

You do realise life on hit with this skill and even lmp add some casting speed and have fun, its like you have what 0,08 casts (incrased cast speed, even with totems it has 0,11cast speed) per second with 3torrents which can hit same target and they all penetrate, thats like 36*42 (non quality almost max lvl life on hit) which gives you 1512 LIFE PER SECOND with life on hit with one target att more and you can get over 9000 life/s, gl hf, gg.
Last edited by NagiSoi on Mar 8, 2013, 8:23:11 PM
"
NagiSoi wrote:
You do realise life on hit with this skill and even lmp add some casting speed and have fun, its like you have what 0,08 casts (incrased cast speed, even with totems it has 0,11cast speed) per second with 3torrents which can hit same target and they all penetrate, thats like 36*42 (non quality almost max lvl life on hit) which gives you 1512 LIFE PER SECOND with life on hit with one target att more and you can get over 9000 life/s, gl hf, gg.

Life Gain on Hit doesn't work with spells, sorry.

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Life_Gain_on_Hit

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Life_Leech

Life Leech, on the other hand, will work, but it only leeches a percentage of the damage dealt, so it's not the auto-win you're thinking of.
"
NagiSoi wrote:

This is all fine and all, except for the fact that Life on Hit does not work with spells. :P
Edit: Beat to it, I guess thats what I get for taking too long writing my posts! :P

Life Leech does work though and so far it seems really good, but only if your build is very tanky to begin with.

I'm still clearing merciless with absolute ease, so far I've facetanked literally EVERYTHING since ledge when I switched to Incinerate. This includes Brutus and Merveil, both of which I killed without moving once. Right now I'm farming Western Forest and I'm able to just stand around in poison arrow clouds assuming I have enough targets to hit of course. :P

I just switched to using the Blood Magic gem, instead of the keystone, in order to run Determination, Vitality and Purity. Doing this increased the cost of the spell to 48 life per 0.14 seconds, yet I am still able to stand in poison clouds while tanking a bunch of archers.

My original concern still holds, I feel Life Leech is a little too strong for this skill. Even if it is only outside of maps.
Last edited by Caimath on Mar 8, 2013, 8:41:22 PM
"
Blue_Phoenix wrote:
"
NagiSoi wrote:

Life Gain on Hit doesn't work with spells, sorry.

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Life_Gain_on_Hit

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Life_Leech

Life Leech, on the other hand, will work, but it only leeches a percentage of the damage dealt, so it's not the auto-win you're thinking of.

Forgot about life on hit not working on spells, well life leech is out of the play since the spell doesnt do a lot of damage in one hit but in many small ones ,life leech would get small amounts tho alot of it, tho you can always get vaals packt. And then again, in end game maps you wont prolly be able to tank stuff standing still no matter how much life leech you get.
Last edited by NagiSoi on Mar 8, 2013, 8:44:26 PM
Extra question, does increased radius and area effect does anything for this spell?
"
NagiSoi wrote:
Extra question, does increased radius and area effect does anything for this spell?

No, they do nothing for this spell. It is not an aoe spell, but a continuous stream of single projectiles. The only way to increase its range or "area" is to get increased projectile speed, which you can get from quality on the gem itself, the faster projectiles gem or gear like wands and the Karui Ward unique necklace.
it doesn't crit.
so it doesn't freeze and burn??
and there is "chance to enemies on hit with cold damage" in shadow tree. does it work without crit?
"
verts wrote:
So many people crying just don't know how to play the game it seems.

here comes the genius.

go do a build with this awesome skill gem you genius.

ah, and please do it in HC.

Just to be clear so maybe you learn to play this game, and understand that dodging
enemy attacks is not an option you can forfeit.

what Incinerate can do, can be done with other skills with just better efficiency
and better survivability.
Last edited by sirianstar on Mar 8, 2013, 10:36:22 PM
"
sirianstar wrote:
"
verts wrote:
So many people crying just don't know how to play the game it seems.

here comes the genius.

go do a build with this awesome skill gem you genius.

ah, and please do it in HC.

Just to be clear so maybe you learn to play this game, and understand that dodging
enemy attacks is not an option you can forfeit.

what Incinerate can do, can be done with other skills with just better efficiency
and better survivability.

i think i read there is already someone who said it is very op. even in hc?
i dont think you tried every possible things with incinerate.
Last edited by rsthrsdj on Mar 8, 2013, 10:59:01 PM
"
Qarl wrote:
"
sYkoDe4d wrote:
And 0% crit chance.... GGG do you even testes the skill?

Yes, that is why it has a 0% crit chance.

Might this be due to the fact that most mobs have a "fear" run-away AI when burning is applied to them?

Given that the ability requires one to remain stationary, less than great range, and high mana cost, having mobs run out of your incinerate is a serious annoyance.

I myself am tempted to spec out of the Shadow 'Blaze' talent because it causes everything to just run away while I try to burninate them.

Also my observations thus far...(I converted my projectile + fire dmg Explosive Arrow shadow into an Incinerate + Flame Totem build.

1) Projectile damage increases the damage of Incinerate. This means the projectile damage nodes in shadow/duelist/ranger will improve its damage.(While I cannot confirm if its damage is part projectile part spell, the damage bonuses of spell/projectile increase appear to increase it roughly the same value per % increase.)

2) Life Leech is stupidly good with this ability, even without hitting multiple targets.

3) Projectile weakness is in my opinion, superior to Flammability, due to the annoyance of mobs running away wile affected by burn. Not to mention it causes knockback, very tiny amounts, basically just enough to keep mobs from running into ur face, which helps solve the whole stun issue.

4) Added Lightning Damage is a must have. My added lightning damage adds more base damage than Incinerate actually has. This effectively doubles the stage 1 dps.

5) Static Blows is a must have, from what I can tell, the damage significantly increased. So I assume the shock stacks are working. I knew this would work already, because it works with flame totem, and is completely legit. Even though the shock duration is tiny, the attacks are so fast it keeps it applied and sneaks in damage during the small shock duration.

Both Incinerate and Flame totem went from barely scratching resist mobs, to killing them in a few seconds, without the aid of any curses.(Credit: Static Blows)

6) Frenzy stacks + Cast Speed gem + Haste = .09 cast time, with zero cast speed gear or passives. This takes my Flame Totem down to .05 cast time.

7) The Above combo lags everything, and people dont like me because of it :(

8) Incinerates damage at rank 11 is 55-82 fire damage, which leaves me with a 28-42 fire Tooltip Damage, with an additional 35 lightning damage per tic.(the lightning would be more than the fire if I did not have +fire and +projectile damage nodes)

9) I am Chaos Innoculation with over 4k EShield, I still get stunned, but the stun usually does not cause me to go back down to stage 1. Any attempt to move will however, instantly drop me to stage 1.

10) I have no mana issues with the ability, and I do not use Mana Leech. My character was geared for Explosive Arrow which was terribly mana hungry, Incinerate is far less mana costly than Explosive Arrow.

Suggestions:

1) Please add a buff icon and timer to the HUD which indicates the stages of Incincerate

Reason: I like to know stuff, I'm a curious little Rhino.

2) Please change Incinerates mechanics to actually be a buff, which lasts say... 3ish seconds, modified by passives, which could push it to like 5ish seconds with duration, and perhaps allow for the 80% increase in damage to be increased by the buff strength passives as well.

Reason: Being able to buff this with the buff passives would be awesome(although it might, I do not have a way to verify). Also this would allow for people to make minor movement adjustments without losing stage 3 damage, which is a pain. I realize the whole point is to be stationary, but you have to do that regardless to cast it, I think it would be a fair compromise to allow a small window in which you keep the buffed damage.

3) LMP and GMP spread like the other spells, but if you look at how LMP and GMP affects flame totem, it has almost 0 spread, causing the extra projectiles to stack, which I think would be a great benefit to this spell. Theres nothing majorly wrong with its current LMP interaction, I just really like the way Flame Totem does it.

-Trenan
Last edited by trenan on Mar 9, 2013, 1:11:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info