3.6 balance feedback

Winter Orb, Storm Brand, Magma Orb PvP damage still too high as for the skills mechanics.

Fireball PvP damage is unjustifiably high, the last mention of FB in patchnotes was:
 1.3.0 Fireball's PvP damage has been increased by 5%.
And now you buffing it:
 1095 to 1643 Fire damage at level 20 (from 890 to 1335).
 Now has an added damage effectiveness of 180% (from 160%)
WTF?
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Mar 5, 2019, 10:11:07 PM
Last bumped on Apr 18, 2019, 8:29:30 PM

GGG,
ok the problem is not only damage but also the aoe gained from the threshold jewels.

You need to realize that in HLD players will try to max out dps/aoe on those sort of skills.

A 30% less damage applied to those builds (like magma) will not do much on glass canon builds dealing pob 600 000 effective dps with 75% penetrations active.

What you need to do when nerfing is looking at high end possibilities.

Pretty much every pvpers will try to get the perfect gear possible, so skills damage nerf need to be based on that.

Fireball was not discussed much because magma was way worse (aka magma was even countering fireball builds) however it was still way too strong.

fireball need to get nerfed considering it s explosion effect and damage in 1 vs 1 areas with walls.

GGG if you are reading this, fireball need nerf too (and flameblast if we go fire spell ).
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 6, 2019, 7:10:18 AM
Fireball insanely buffed, magma orb completely shit on. What the fuck?
Hey, "balance team", even 80% less PvP damage means nothing if a skill able to hit 15 times per frame.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
I already contact GGG about FIREBALL, still not replay, but for now with this damage buff, Fireball need at least 50% less damage in PvP.
The Holy Bible
Trap spamming in general is just out of hand at this point. Just make it so that the more traps you throw down the weaker they get. Honestly. People literally just stand in mid in arena and spam traps non-stop and it is probably the least entertaining pvp has been in a long time since endless vd spam.
path of least resistance, players fed with baby bottles, POE at this point in pvp is what can be played without the least need of skills.

GGG need to understand that in HLD things like trap need to be simulated with high level gear and then nerfed down from this point.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
so what's the problem with the traps, as someone who hasn't set my foot to sarn arena since long time -like presumably the developer who you want to read all these- can you guys elaborate what's the problem lately. And about fireball problem, oh come on, do shut up, you've been playing with LA since the dawn of man. When you offscreen you cant have the right to complain about offscreen
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
magma orb trap is absolutely brain-dead at this point. aoe overlaps at point of origin and as it chains it becomes invisible and still overlaps.

add in BCR, Pen, +chain, +aoe, invis proj, 23 traps spammed endlessly without consequence, and you get purest form of cancer.

Can literally have 1362 int 12k es, 83 all res triple balanced, incandescent heart, ci, ailment immunity, endurance charges, wise oak flask, legacy rumi, defensive flasks and still get rekt by endless spam

There is literally 0 point to even engage trappers at this point.
"
notwow wrote:
magma orb trap is absolutely brain-dead at this point. aoe overlaps at point of origin and as it chains it becomes invisible and still overlaps.

add in BCR, Pen, +chain, +aoe, invis proj, 23 traps spammed endlessly without consequence, and you get purest form of cancer.

Can literally have 1362 int 12k es, 83 all res triple balanced, incandescent heart, ci, ailment immunity, endurance charges, wise oak flask, legacy rumi, defensive flasks and still get rekt by endless spam

There is literally 0 point to even engage trappers at this point.

Talk with GGG and make video about that, I will do the same, for now Trap support and remote mine support gem need like 30% less damage in PvP, also magma orb, glacial cascade and ball ligtning need T divided by 2 (max 2 hits per 1 second)
The Holy Bible

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info