[3.9] Holy Totem Chieftain * Cheap & Strong League Starter with new holy spells! All content!

"
Mecielle wrote:
"
bashtart wrote:
"
Steezbutter wrote:
This is a pretty good league starter, didn't have any problems at all during leveling. Just got to mapping yesterday and I'm saving up for some better gear, gotta see how far I can push with this char.

As mentioned before, definitely get Nycta's Lantern at level 41. It is a huge dps boost and makes leveling much easier if you put in the Holy Flame Totem-Infused Channelling-Controlled Destruction/Added Fire Damage gems in it.

I added the Latern as recommendation in the leveling section.

I would like to point out that getting EO for 3 passive points is by far the best advice I can give anybody for leveling this build. We don't have enough gear or levels to go effectively crit until at least level 70, maybe 80. Up to then EO and a Storm Brand + Inc. Crit Strikes placed every 8 seconds will make leveling a LOT easier.

Also, just noticed, that in the leveling section it still says that HoAsh will be replaced as soon as you get Hatred. Two things: HoA should never be replaced, as we "double dip" it and it is the biggest source of damage for us. Even without the Circle of Anguish rings. Also, Anger is more damage than Hatred and the Watchers Eye phys as extra fire is pretty cheap too, compared to the Hatred crit one.

Anyway, by now most of my gear is gone. Can you believe that the chest I showed here sold for only 8ex? That's just crazy to me, but I guess this build is still not very popular, even though it is easily one of the highest DPS and clear speed builds in the game in my opinion.

Thanks for your advice.. adapted the guide accordingly :)
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Hello! If same question was already asked I am sorry. What do you think about set up with Tukohama Shield, Essence Worm and Clear Mind Jewel? I am kinda new player and unique items are for me easier to buy.

Same I was wondering about Infernal Mantle if its viable?

Thanks in advance!
"
Qintaro wrote:
Hello! If same question was already asked I am sorry. What do you think about set up with Tukohama Shield, Essence Worm and Clear Mind Jewel? I am kinda new player and unique items are for me easier to buy.

Same I was wondering about Infernal Mantle if its viable?

Thanks in advance!

Tukohama, Essence Worm and Infernal Mantle are definitly viable but I am not sure about Clear Mind jewel.

"
Hey guys any idea how to improve this build on ssf? im doing quite low damage i think, even though i got tabula. I even went full fire instead of life nodes but still feels a bit slow sometimes.

I would drop Combustion and use Elemental Focus or Infussed Channeling instead.

USE A DIAMOND FLASK!!!!

And you have gear which is suited for melee / attacks and not for spells :) Drop your amulett and get some nice rare amulett f.e.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Mar 21, 2019, 1:22:28 AM
Hey guys.

First thanks for this amazing, welcoming build idea and everyone in this thread for giving so much input! The clear speed is insane, the damage amazing and the bossing was never so easy! lmao

However I still face some problems.. the major ones are
1. Around T11 I get a lot of damage from different sources. Any ideas for my character to get tankier?
2. Mana problems. Still facing mana problems, spaming Mana pots.. any ideas how I could fix them for ever?

I farmed up 5 EX now.. how could I invest the most into my character right now? Hope you guys have some good ideas.

Spoiler
"
Dosenbrot wrote:
Hey guys.

First thanks for this amazing, welcoming build idea and everyone in this thread for giving so much input! The clear speed is insane, the damage amazing and the bossing was never so easy! lmao

However I still face some problems.. the major ones are
1. Around T11 I get a lot of damage from different sources. Any ideas for my character to get tankier?
2. Mana problems. Still facing mana problems, spaming Mana pots.. any ideas how I could fix them for ever?

I farmed up 5 EX now.. how could I invest the most into my character right now? Hope you guys have some good ideas.

Spoiler

1. Get some mana regeneration on your jewelry slots.

2. I bought better wands than you ahve for 2 and 4c yesterday. Search for cast speed, crit chance to spells, crit multiplier. Leave off the spell damage, and make sure what you buy has a spot to craft spell damage. Wands with high rolls on those stats and spell damage is like 1ex+. You can buy cheap ones with what you want and craft on spell damage for MUCH cheaper.

3. drop the shield and dual wand.

4. Abyss belt with abyss jewel. You can get a really nice one for 30-60c. Again, look for one with most of what you want, and has an open spot to craft on whatever else you want. I got a 30% FIre damage + Health + resists one for 40C yesterday.

5. Between mana regen on rings/amulet + arcane surge on flame dash + a mana pot, I dont have any mana issues and im not using Essence Worm.

6. Try to get an Astral chest. 100+ Life + %to life.

7. Flammability is kind of meh, we have alot of pen already, and you should be using fire pen instead of added fire damage. THen switch your curse to assassins.

With 5ex, you should be mowing down stuff. I have spent 2, and did a 15 yesterday and it was a cake walk. If only I could get the rest of the maps to drop...

Edit: Take a look again at the original post. At the bottom, mercielle posted a piece of info that really takes this build to another level. From your gems/gear you could take some pointers from that. =)
Last edited by Tainted_Turkey on Mar 21, 2019, 8:18:32 AM
What do you guys think about disintegrator?

30% added dmg effectiveness, 500 phys dmg to spells (on average)
comes up to be +150 phys dmg to the totem, which is like the difference from gem lvl 27 and gem lvl 20. Also worth more than 2x anger aura.

Can wear kaom's heart to boost the hp.

nother option is to forgo mana and go blood magic, and perhaps reserve herald of ash in essence worm and wear the circle of anguish ring.

This will totally solve all mana problem, and give so much more damage?
discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700
Last edited by dejuvenate on Mar 21, 2019, 11:56:53 AM
"
dejuvenate wrote:
What do you guys think about disintegrator?

30% added dmg effectiveness, 500 phys dmg to spells (on average)
comes up to be +150 phys dmg to the totem, which is like the difference from gem lvl 27 and gem lvl 20. Also worth more than 2x anger aura.

Can wear kaom's heart to boost the hp.

nother option is to forgo mana and go blood magic, and perhaps reserve herald of ash in essence worm and wear the circle of anguish ring.

This will totally solve all mana problem, and give so much more damage?

If you really want to take this build to endgame you should check out the version of mecielle which is at the end of the build guide. He really did a damn good job optimize for endgame.

I would just play around in PoB and try :)
Last edited by bashtart on Mar 21, 2019, 12:26:17 PM
Hey people! I started the game a week ago with this build :D
Here is my current setup:

Spoiler

Current goals include:
Rolling 4blue on the helm for +increased area of effect +spell cascade
Scour+alch better helm stats
Rolling some good %phys as fire opal rings (with ess of hysteria) to replace my current ones
Replacing the belt

Would appreciate any feedback!
Last edited by Elaforestis on Mar 21, 2019, 4:10:33 PM
"
Elaforestis wrote:

Spoiler

Current goals include:
Rolling some good %phys as fire opal rings (with ess of hysteria) to replace my current ones
Replacing the belt

The Hysteria crafted Opal rings are good until you can afford a "buff effect" Circle of Anguish. But because you won't be keeping them forever, don't go for something too good. A resist or two and crafted life are totally fine to tide you over until you can afford Circle of Anguish buff effect rings.

And I would not scour alch the helmet, I would get some Pristine fossils and one-socket resonators and craft with those. More expensive per try but much cheaper until you get something good.

And if you are not aware, there is an easy way to get 4 off colors on items that dont roll the colors. You already have 2 blue in sockets 1 and 2. Now go to you crafting bench and use the "Two sockets" craft. Then the "Three Sockets craft. If it isnt blue, repeat. Same for the fourth.

If the damage is lacking, get some better wands. For around 10-20c per wand you should be able to get huge upgrades.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 21, 2019, 5:35:33 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Elaforestis wrote:

Spoiler

Current goals include:
Replacing the belt

The Hysteria crafted Opal rings are good until you can afford a "buff effect" Circle of Anguish. But because you won't be keeping them forever, don't go for something too good. A resist or two and crafted life are totally fine to tide you over until you can afford Circle of Anguish buff effect rings.

And I would not scour alch the helmet, I would get some Pristine fossils and one-socket resonators and craft with those. More expensive per try but much cheaper until you get something good.

And if you are not aware, there is an easy way to get 4 off colors on items that dont roll the colors. You already have 2 blue in sockets 1 and 2. Now go to you crafting bench and use the "Two sockets" craft. Then the "Three Sockets craft. If it isnt blue, repeat. Same for the fourth.

If the damage is lacking, get some better wands. For around 10-20c per wand you should be able to get huge upgrades.

Thank you so much for your feedback! Your comments on this thread have been amazing as well. Going to look into fossils and that bench trick. Unfortunately as a new player I didn't know how the league system worked so I just opted for standard, which means I won't be getting circles of anguish too soon. Nevertheless, I'll just try not to waste all my chaos on essence rolls and wait to get better stats when the synthesis items get to standard. Also going to grab some better wands at some point, I bought these with the chaos I had leftover after buying the plate basically.
Thanks again!
Last edited by Elaforestis on Mar 21, 2019, 6:58:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info