Life regen phantasm + zombie Jug. 2.5K regen plus zombie leech

PoB Link
https://pastebin.com/7AvDYTbJ

Summary

It's a bit painful to play, as the clearspeed is very slow. You cannot AFK run into everything, but it is very forgiving, especially running into traps and ground effects.

2500 life regen per second
Plus regen from unbreakable ascendecy
Plus regen from zombies (2% of 300K damage, capped at 20% of life, so perhaps 1600/second)
8K life
82,81,81 max resists
30% block
12% spell block
11K armour
Phantasms doing 400K dps
Very survivable zombies

Expensive items required:
* 6 link body armour with a decent armour stat (such as belly of the beast)
* elder rare belt with good life recovery roll
* well rolled astramentis, baron, alberons warpath, and high strength rings, jewels to get over 1K strength

Optional expensive items:
* level 4 empower
* level 21 gems raise zombie, purities
* enlighten
* good enchants on boots, gloves and helm
* corruptions

Gear, Gems, and all the rest I'll update if this thread gets any interest.

Ways to die
Spoiler
This being my first properly tanky build, I'm experimenting with how this build can die.

- Super stacked flame nemesis mod monsters. The ones that leave a flame trap on the ground. Most of the time, multiple stacks are fine to stand on, but one time my zombies must have killed them all at once, cos I stood on a lot of them, they all went off at once and I went pop.

- Uber lab hitting with every ball, then a swipe

- Lab traps where you get hit by a bleed, then sit on a whirling thing, then another whirling thing joins the first. It actually takes some skill to die to lab traps with this build!

- I've not died to fully charged atziri flame blasts, but sitting inside them will get you close. I'm sure you could die to this

- running into a full hard hitting pack with zombies stuck behind a wall. I do this quite regularly and am fine, but the once I died doing it.

-Some weird thing spams a totem that spams spark. Haven't died to this but it can make a decent dent in your life.

Last edited by grimlock9999 on Jul 9, 2021, 5:49:06 AM
Last bumped on Nov 18, 2019, 2:10:43 AM
ty for share, it looks fun and will try it
interesting.
can you share a video from the gameplay?
Last edited by Piremard on Mar 4, 2019, 5:59:12 AM
Here's a tier 8 shaped peninsula with my trash tier gear and low level gems:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyzEmfpzYsE
Character is just level 74, so it's painfully slow, but you'll see why I think it has legs once we can get our strength, items and gem levels up.

I levelled this toon using minion skills from scratch, and while it is a nice change playing a tank early, I do not recommend trying this build unless you already have the items/currency pre-prepared.

Now that Betrayal has migrated to standard, I'll see if I have any existing gear that I can to use push to higher levels, but not likely as I never play tanks.

Also, there may be some love for this build, with the mention of easier sources of max resists, and what seems to be a nice balance for curses v bosses. We shall see.
Nice I was looking for a tanky summoner and was looking at a soulwrest build for it too, but wasn't sure if it would have the damage might give it a shot now after seen you vid :)

One question though why aren't you using convocation?
"
One question though why aren't you using convocation?

No good reason really. I always try to minimise the button pushes of my builds, and convocation is another button to press....
So what I did was run Herald of Agony with Cyclone and I just started using the staff and now bubonic trail. So I have the phantasms and the crawler just blow everything up
"
So what I did was run Herald of Agony with Cyclone and I just started using the staff and now bubonic trail. So I have the phantasms and the crawler just blow everything up

Yah, herald of agony is the most op skill right now. In addition, life gain on hit is waay more powerful than life regen. If you want to seriously use minions, then the only options right now are the immortal minions. Here's my take on using arakalis fang + essence drain for more life regen : https://pastebin.com/fQXg1tSr

However, the purpose of this build was to see how to maximise passive regen, so you are not relying on any button pushing on-hit or leech mechanics.

If you want more synergies, I think there is already a 'proper' / non silliness cyclone HOA build guide, which makes better use of LGOH.
Last edited by grimlock9999 on Mar 18, 2019, 8:11:52 PM
Yeah I am "only" regenning 600 before endurance charges but I am lvl 70 and my gear sucks and max hp is low still
"
Yeah I am "only" regenning 600 before endurance charges but I am lvl 70 and my gear sucks and max hp is low still

The regen will scale as you level. However,You'll note that to get good regen numbers, you need that sweet elder rare belt.

On pob, i gave up a purity for vitality, and used a watchers eye to get over 4,500 regen per second. But you need to be rich, on consecrated ground, have summoned a corpse recently, and be a high level.

On the plus side, damage, playstyle and survivabikity are fine up to yelliw maps with trash gear. Just spend a few alchs/chaos on your cheap uniques and you'll easily get to the point where you can farm some currency and aim for the meme regen numbers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info