[3.6] Winter Orb CWC Ice Spears. 8.6k hp ,slayer leech, 9.8-10.7 mil dps ,Depth 749, easy Uber Elder

"
demok74 wrote:
Was looking forward to playing this build. Then I realized the PoB is absolute trash and doesn't even make sense. Update your build. Maybe take your take out of your very busy day to make a updated leveling skill guide. Smacking a 3.6 infront of it and calling it viable is just lazy. Update this horrid, trash, piece of garbage build. I hate this game, and i hate you.

No idea what you are talking about.

was curious so went to load some of the pastebins.. especially the 1st two I pasted at the start of the guide and they load fine in pob

I have more than a few new players pming me about this and they assume that the pastebin is broken because the passives in the witch section aren't connected to the scion start. This is a characteristic of scion builds...an ascendancy lets you take passives from the start of other characters

I haven't updated it too much because I feel that the core concept of the build is detailed in the guide already. The other small details can be and should be left to people following this to figure out since it really depends on their budget and needs (res/mana) etc.

Unfortunately this guide will never be a super comprehensive one hand holding players through the game and explaining the very basic of the concept of leech, more vs increased modifiers etc But even for newer players there should be enough details for them to set up their own similar builds that WILL clear all content in the game.

To reiterate ..the main purpose of the guide is to share the concept of cast while channeling via the use of winter orbs as the channeling skill and ice spears as the triggered spell to clear fast and still have amazing single target. I have shown you how to craft the best dps staff for the build as well as options to get leech from your rings (via craft or drops/purchases etc). I have have also included details of bis gear for everything but jewels(just get crit multi really =/) to give folks something to aim for while progressing through the game from just plain gear with life and res(which is what is used in my budget setup). I think that should be plenty to get players going. We don't know the full impact of synthesized gear now as well as the power of the new uniques so league start isn't the best time to update the build

http://i62.tinypic.com/2w7lhk5.jpg
Last edited by TheVengefulOne on Mar 9, 2019, 6:55:39 PM
"
demok74 wrote:
Was looking forward to playing this build. Then I realized the PoB is absolute trash and doesn't even make sense. Update your build. Maybe take your take out of your very busy day to make a updated leveling skill guide. Smacking a 3.6 infront of it and calling it viable is just lazy. Update this horrid, trash, piece of garbage build. I hate this game, and i hate you.

You seem like a real nice guy... This build works fine... I've been using it all day and it feels great.
Thanks so much for the guide! I’m 75, in maps with 0 deaths so far and have done it ssf thus far. One thing I discovered that I didn’t expect about the inquisitor ascendancy is that the consecrated ground procs under the enemy and not under you. So you’ll want to use a sulphur flask to get the ailment immunity.
Last edited by Chrysaetos on Mar 9, 2019, 7:34:34 PM
"
"
demok74 wrote:

No idea what you are talking about.

was curious so went to load some of the pastebins.. especially the 1st two I pasted at the start of the guide and they load fine in pob

I have more than a few new players pming me about this and they assume that the pastebin is broken because the passives in the witch section aren't connected to the scion start. This is a characteristic of scion builds...an ascendancy lets you take passives from the start of other characters

I haven't updated it too much because I feel that the core concept of the build is detailed in the guide already. The other small details can be and should be left to people following this to figure out since it really depends on their budget and needs (res/mana) etc.

Unfortunately this guide will never be a super comprehensive one hand holding players through the game and explaining the very basic of the concept of leech, more vs increased modifiers etc But even for newer players there should be enough details for them to set up their own similar builds that WILL clear all content in the game.

To reiterate ..the main purpose of the guide is to share the concept of cast while channeling via the use of winter orbs as the channeling skill and ice spears as the triggered spell to clear fast and still have amazing single target. I have shown you how to craft the best dps staff for the build as well as options to get leech from your rings (via craft or drops/purchases etc). I have have also included details of bis gear for everything but jewels(just get crit multi really =/) to give folks something to aim for while progressing through the game from just plain gear with life and res(which is what is used in my budget setup). I think that should be plenty to get players going. We don't know the full impact of synthesized gear now as well as the power of the new uniques so league start isn't the best time to update the build

Don't worry about those people. You are not required to explain every little mechanic to every noob out there. I myself never played scion or used the slayer ascendancy so it looked a bit weired at first.

However, I can confirm you that everything is there, all PoB links are working, the trees are fine and the items make sense. I also liked your in-depth crafting tips and the few sentences on how to get going while leveling.

F*ck all those people who want an amazing build but are too lazy to invest 5 minutes of reading in order to even comprehend it. How dare they challenge your work if they don't even understand it.

The only problem I ran into so far was not having enough dex to transition to LMP properly (let alone GMP). I took a +30 node on my way to serpent but even that was not enough. The dex is all hidden away in the east of the passive tree where you can't go in the early leveling stages.
Last edited by BlacKcuD on Mar 9, 2019, 8:06:38 PM
So is inquizitor or slyer ascendancy beter this league?
from 1 to 10 (10 the hardest)how hard is that build as a lg starter? i see some expensive af items but i really enjoy how this build works hence i wanna try it.
"
Drunkprince wrote:
from 1 to 10 (10 the hardest)how hard is that build as a lg starter? i see some expensive af items but i really enjoy how this build works hence i wanna try it.

That depends on what you want to achieve out of your league starter . I would say probably around a 4-5 in terms of difficulty.

You won't get stuck at any point in terms of progression in maps but to reach the point where you can obliterate t16 bosses in a second will take a while though. I have a couple of friends who are using this build and they are doing fine so far .
http://i62.tinypic.com/2w7lhk5.jpg
"
Searitangus wrote:
Can you post new skill tree, please? Those links seems do not work properly...
Its for old patch I suppose.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/48nf0f/how_exactly_does_the_scions_ascendancy_class_work/

People complaining that the passive skill tree is broken... Please do a little bit of research.
i see on poebuild that added col or light damage is more powerful then controlled destr at low lvl is right? (in 5l ofc)
"
knyfito wrote:
So is inquizitor or slyer ascendancy beter this league?

I was thinking of going Inquisitor but the message above that explains that consecrated ground spawns below enemies makes me hesitate. I have an inquisitor but I don't take the CG ascendancies so I've never actually seen how it works. Like him I assumed that it spawns beneath the player and not the enemy. I still haven't decided but I think I'll first try the inquisitor and see how that goes.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info