Update about Path of Exile on PlayStation 4

"
I started last league and played for 3 weeks before I had to make the choice to stop playing or buy stash tabs because leaving loot behind in a loot game isn't really much of an option. 3 weeks of a free game wasn't bad but it's more of feature limited demo. With the introduction of Synthesis I wouldn't have gone more than 3 days without the need to buy stash tabs. After 3 days of playing I wouldn't have bought any packs and stopped playing PoE.

If you don't have stash tabs at this point in the game's life then I'm not really sure buying MK11 is going to hurt GGG's bottom line.
hi ezra
"
Iconik wrote:
"
I started last league and played for 3 weeks before I had to make the choice to stop playing or buy stash tabs because leaving loot behind in a loot game isn't really much of an option. 3 weeks of a free game wasn't bad but it's more of feature limited demo. With the introduction of Synthesis I wouldn't have gone more than 3 days without the need to buy stash tabs. After 3 days of playing I wouldn't have bought any packs and stopped playing PoE.

If you don't have stash tabs at this point in the game's life then I'm not really sure buying MK11 is going to hurt GGG's bottom line.

How many people do you think have stash tabs on PS4 right now? Every sale they don't make hurts their bottom line.
@milan76 yes i support ggg as I've played poe since alpha, it's my most played and most loved game. If I could afford a supporter pack I'd always try to get one.

boo hoo you dont have enough space. Make a guild, free tabs. I played for a year without buying extra tabs it's really not that hard or try playing SSF then. You dont trade. It's what I did and I got a great experience.

Theres so many ways around spending money.but if you cant get past that "oh I have to spend money, pay2win game" attitude then you really are blinded by how good this game is.
"
HandOfApollo wrote:
@milan76 yes i support ggg as I've played poe since alpha, it's my most played and most loved game. If I could afford a supporter pack I'd always try to get one.

I'm glad you did. It's a fun game. I've supported them too and don't regret my decision.

"
HandOfApollo wrote:
boo hoo you dont have enough space. Make a guild, free tabs. I played for a year without buying extra tabs it's really not that hard or try playing SSF then.

Would now be a good time to remind you that you read my post in your voice, not mine? I'm sure back in alpha days there wasn't as many items and game mechanics in the game requiring you to store items. Just like I found in Betrayal when I went three weeks before I maxed out 4 stash tabs versus Synthesis where I went 3 days. Something to note here is that in Syntheses I have a currency tab whereas in Betrayal I did not. How many hours did you go before you filled 4 stash tabs?

"
HandOfApollo wrote:
You dont trade. It's what I did and I got a great experience.

I actually do trade but I'm not a fan of their PC trade system at all and xbox is even worse. I'm not a seller because I'd rather be playing than sitting in my hideout waiting for people to pm me. I also don't want to be in a position where I'm playing and I get a pm for a item and I have to make a choice to rush through what I'm doing and possibly make the sale.

"
HandOfApollo wrote:
Theres so many ways around spending money.

What are the ways to get around spending money? You're pretty limited with your trade options without stash tabs. Do you stop playing the game when your 4 tabs are full and sit in your hideout waiting to sell whatever you can? 4 tabs doesn't go very far in Synthesis. Back in 2013 I would wager that it was plenty. 80 bucks bought me enough stash tabs to make the game playable now and that's ok. If I didn't spend that money I wouldn't be playing PoE today.

"
HandOfApollo wrote:
but if you cant get past that "oh I have to spend money, pay2win game" attitude then you really are blinded by how good this game is.

Not my position at all. I enjoy the game and like all good games they should be supported. Unfortunately, not all games are good and ggg is heading into a new market where they are competing against other games. New players are going to start playing PoE and at some point they are going to decide whether PoE is a good game. I think that the period of time where they have to make that decision has been reduced from 21 days to 3 days.
Once again as you forgot to quote it. Make a guild, free stash tabs for storage. Make some friends. exchange heat.

If you dont want to rush for a sale then dont. Make a macro that auto responds with "in a map will be with you shorly" common sense and the buyer will understand right?

I dont fill up my tabs with crap and from the sounds of it, you're a pack rat who picks everything and anything up. Chances are what you're selling is worth nothing and sits in your tabs for long periods of time. Do some research, are the 1 alc sales really worth it?

3 days is in no way shape or form a resonable time frame to make a judgement for new players. Getting past 10 acts as a new player is daunting and could take weeks to do. The experience of always finding something new is a huge grab for new players.

Stop being such a negative Nancy and focussing on the negative aspects of the game and look at the good parts instead.
"
HandOfApollo wrote:
Once again as you forgot to quote it. Make a guild, free stash tabs for storage. Make some friends. exchange heat.

No, I replied to your entire post. You can't create a guild in the xbox version and ggg has not indicated what is and what isn't going to be in the ps4 version. Friends are always good but I doubt they'd let me hoard stuff in their stash.

"
HandOfApollo wrote:
If you dont want to rush for a sale then dont. Make a macro that auto responds with "in a map will be with you shorly" common sense and the buyer will understand right?

That is an option. I doubt it will be an option in the ps4 version. The buyer may wait if it's a hard to get item or a lucky roll. Most of the time they'll go to the next person in the list and request the trade there. Now you have an item that's burning inventory space. I'll just sell it to a vendor and get some shards. It's quicker but I do miss out on getting more currency which allows me to buy some better gear later on. It's a choice I'm happy with.

"
HandOfApollo wrote:
I dont fill up my tabs with crap and from the sounds of it, you're a pack rat who picks everything and anything up. Chances are what you're selling is worth nothing and sits in your tabs for long periods of time. Do some research, are the 1 alc sales really worth it

No, I pick up things relative to the class I'm playing and I don't sell anything. Most of what I pick up I sell to the vendor. If you aren't interested in trade the only other option is vendor recipes and drops. So I do keep up to 3 rare pieces of each type in a stash tab so I can get some chaos when the items reach ilevel 60 and another set for ilevel 75. I did do some research and to me the 1 alc sales are not worth it. The time I spend trading is time I don't spend playing. I'd rather trade someone 10 alteration for an alc. How much time do you spend trading versus playing?

"
HandOfApollo wrote:
Stop being such a negative Nancy and focussing on the negative aspects of the game and look at the good parts instead.

You might want to reassess what you write to others before you accuse someone of being negative. I'm just offering my opinion to the people that are interested in PoE on their ps4. If you want to focus on something positive let's hear it. What's your favorite thing in PoE?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info