Help needed on survivabilty

Been playing for some time now and got to the point where I don't know what to do anymore. I play Scion RF build, have 9500 Life, 3000 life per sec regenerate, 5000 armor and elemental resist maxed (84 fire, fire and cold 35 over max) but chaos res is -11%.

I still get one shoot killed by random bosses (Malachai on T13 map for instance - will attribute that to his chaos dmg) or random magic mobs when I rush with shield bash while mapping.

Please do not tell me to move out of the way of the spell. Been playing most of the ARPG out there and there is always a threshold of stats which grant survivability ... you are not immortal, but you can survive most of the game mechanics without dying in a sec. Usually high survivability means less dmg.

Cannot find it here... what the heck... boss rips thorough 10K of life and all res with one shot? Random magic mob literally kills me in one go (it was one time on T12 map, but never the less) and you cannot go near it. And I do watch the map mods to avoid unfavorable.
Last bumped on Feb 22, 2019, 8:22:34 AM
Not sure what your asking about here.

If you are asking why you are dying. Builds without some sort of avoidance based defense will get shredded by multiple attacks. You just have hp and regen. Regen doesn't help if you get hit by 12 attacks that do 500-1000 damage. You just die.

Dodge or Block would help with that, otherwise you'd be better off using a skill that just kills everything on the screen before it hits you.

Also, a lot of damage is physical damage. And you don't have enough armor to make any hit on that.

Malachai is kind rippy last I checked. I'm pretty sure that explosion he does, is instant kill for anyone lower than 10k HP just like that mega-lightning fist from that one boss.

But pretty much everyone either kills him so fast it doesn't matter, or just moves before it even hits them since it's telegraphed pretty well.

Also, in this ARPG there are certain moves that are just simply instant death if you don't avoid.

Uber Atzari does over 80,000 damage with her triple flameblasts. And Shaper does 17,000 physical damage with his slam. You just die to certain movesets in this game unless you specifically build super tanky.
(⌐■_■)
Malachai can also shotgun hard
@RPGlitch thank you for the info.

Was not sure how high was the boss DPS or how efficient 5K armor is against physical. I think I'll try with ranged character next league since this close encounter build costs me my hairline (cannot level above 91 with causal play since death here and there negates hours of work in low tier map grind).
Malachai does retarded damage, you shouldnt try to tank him. Regen wont help you if a boss hits you for 10k damage. Also, regen wont be enough if you're getting hit from 20 mobs at once, you have to kill those mobs before they do start hitting you.

P.S. And yes, playing ranged is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better.
"
Alhanna wrote:
@RPGlitch thank you for the info.

Was not sure how high was the boss DPS or how efficient 5K armor is against physical. I think I'll try with ranged character next league since this close encounter build costs me my hairline (cannot level above 91 with causal play since death here and there negates hours of work in low tier map grind).

5k Armor is very low (it works a bit on many small hits but has minimal effect on high damage)
You can see more info on the wiki.
If you want to stack more physical resistance you need to get some endurance charges, Pantheon, basalt flask, specific items (ToH,..) or things that reduce damage in general (fortify, enfeeble).

Map mods can make the fight very deadly too (exra damage, crit, AoE, - max res …).
You should rather avoid some combo attacks no matter what.
Changed build to Elemental Hit Ascendant and now it goes much better... Melee is broken... maybe not broken but to risky to play and I get frustrated when hours of play and EXP go down the drain...

Maybe after 500 hours of play and tinkering I'll would be able to spot what the problem is but not now.

There is still much to learn about this game.
RF is not a melee:/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info