New item Nebulis is completely over powered for rf?

If I read this item correctly this gives you up to 20% fire dmg per 1% fire resistance over 75%. lets say you are a cheiftain you manage to get 500% fire res this means that you will have a 10000% inc fire damage. Am I dumb, am I missing something?

or is it maximum res even though it doesnt state that?
Last edited by nico133a on Feb 20, 2019, 4:25:40 PM
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2019, 11:06:25 AM
I would bet it's maximum res, anything else would be ridiculous.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
but still for an rf char its gonna be a 240% inc damage still seems pretty good
"
nico133a wrote:
but still for an rf char its gonna be a 240% inc damage still seems pretty good

Its only cold and lightning though, not fire.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
You are correct I just missread a reddit thread saying it may have a fire version (I thought it was confirmed to have one)

And apparently it is max res as overcapped res is worded as uncapped (ggg and wording...)
Last edited by nico133a on Feb 20, 2019, 5:27:43 PM
I sincerely doubt it has a fire version. If it did, there'd be no point in separately having cold and lightning lines on a single item, as they could just split it into a cold version, a lightning version, and a fire version.
"
CrazylikE wrote:
I would bet it's maximum res, anything else would be ridiculous.

And thank god we have never seen ridiculous things made by ggg. ;)
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
codetaku wrote:
I sincerely doubt it has a fire version. If it did, there'd be no point in separately having cold and lightning lines on a single item, as they could just split it into a cold version, a lightning version, and a fire version.

It could work like a 2 stone ring or something similar having fire/cold fire/lightning cold/lightning
Still, you could get a freaking lot of cold and lightning dmg, right?

Something like
+5% Max from Purity
+1% from tree
+1% from body armour corrupt
+6% flask

Then there is Kaltenhalt and Aegis Aurora for another 5% max cold. Nets you 360% cold and 260% lightning and 40% implicit. If you manage to fully convert you're looking at 660% increased dmg while under flask effect. This is a whole bunch, or am I miscalculating somewhere?

Could this be something to build around or do you have to invest too heavily for that?
"
BundesHeinz wrote:
Still, you could get a freaking lot of cold and lightning dmg, right?

Something like
+5% Max from Purity
+1% from tree
+1% from body armour corrupt
+6% flask

Then there is Kaltenhalt and Aegis Aurora for another 5% max cold. Nets you 360% cold and 260% lightning and 40% implicit. If you manage to fully convert you're looking at 660% increased dmg while under flask effect. This is a whole bunch, or am I miscalculating somewhere?

Could this be something to build around or do you have to invest too heavily for that?

Resistance flasks have been changed (no more 6% max res).
You can get max resist from legacy Divination Distillate on std though.

Bonus looks pretty solid but you need to build around it and you are limited on auras (unless you play with aurabot).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info