Trouble choosing build

I started playing poe 3 months ago, and i don't know what build to play with. I used elemental hit totems, winter orb cwc ice spear, thicctonic slam , and i really don't feel real progress with them, it feels like even with the key items(without corruptions) i am not going anywhere. I am getting one shot in T8 maps, even with resists capped and around 5.5k Ehp and it feels like my damage is too low. Can someone give me an advice on how to progress or suggest a build with a smooth progress? Thanks in advance.
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2019, 8:57:03 AM
It's hard to find builds. If you have a winter orb build I ran a winter orb cwc ice storm CI build and it just wrecks all the mapping content and you can just stand there and face tank all the syndicate stuff.

Dunno how easy you could respec into it, but this guide was easy to follow for me:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2256360
"
wrycardo2 wrote:
I started playing poe 3 months ago, and i don't know what build to play with. I used elemental hit totems, winter orb cwc ice spear, thicctonic slam , and i really don't feel real progress with them, it feels like even with the key items(without corruptions) i am not going anywhere. I am getting one shot in T8 maps, even with resists capped and around 5.5k Ehp and it feels like my damage is too low. Can someone give me an advice on how to progress or suggest a build with a smooth progress? Thanks in advance.

Lemme guess you used Odealo's builds?

If so.....I made that mistake also tried 6 of them and they all feel terrible.
"
wrycardo2 wrote:

The builds you have mentioned should be able to clear the content just fine but there are things you have probably overlooked.
If you want more specific answer give us more information or make your characters public (unhide character´s tab in privacy setting).
Last edited by Rakiii on Feb 17, 2019, 3:30:36 PM
"
Rakiii wrote:

The builds you have mentioned should be able to clear the content just fine but there are things you have probably overlooked.
If you want more specific answer give us more information or make your characters public (unhide character´s tab in privacy setting).

I did as you said, can you take a look at the totem build?
"
wrycardo2 wrote:
"
Rakiii wrote:

I didn't notice that i logged in with a different profile, the characters are in this one.
"
wrycardo wrote:
"
wrycardo2 wrote:
"
Rakiii wrote:

I didn't notice that i logged in with a different profile, the characters are in this one.

Your character looks decent. You should clear t8 maps just fine but I think it might be lack of experience.
Although you have still lots of room for improvements.

some hints:

Tree:
You should take Point Blank - it will buff your damage by a lot
At second take either Resolute Technique or Elemental overload

Your cold and lightning resistances are not capped (I guess it´s bcos of Wise Oak but every 1% is important).
Your chaos resistance is in negative area - chaos resistance is usually not a problem but bcos of you have no life sustain (totem build) it might be a problem sometimes.

- Drop Discipline aura. It has no benefit for you (beside a bit of ES which is useless here).
Use haste or Anger instead for a bit more damage (Haste is probably better bcos of movement speed bonus)
Or you can use some defensive aura such as Grace to boost your evasion.

- Blasphemy + flammability is a bad idea bcos you are totem build. You should keep distance from monsters!
You should apply curses in a different way.
Maybe Frenzy + gmp + curse on hit + curse setup.

- link Flame dash with faster casting

- You have no ailments imunity - you need to deal with bleed / shock / freeze / curses

->> upgrade your flasks

Sorrow unique flask is pretty useless - remove it
Keep Wise Oak

rest could look like this …

Gear:
Gear is pretty solid but you have lots of possibilities how to improve both survivability / damage

Boots - think about getting rare boots with high life / 30 MS / 30+ chaos resistance etc
You can get Quiver with pointblank corruption, double socketed Tomb fists and other expensive things to min/max your character.
Your elemental hit is just level 17 so keep getting exp (free damage bonus for extra levels) etc.

The most important thing:
I think you just need more experience and better character control so just keep playing one character and master it and you will get there eventually.
Last edited by Rakiii on Feb 19, 2019, 8:06:16 AM
"
Rakiii wrote:

Your character looks decent. You should clear t8 maps just fine but I think it might be lack of experience.
Although you have still lots of room for improvements.

some hints:

Tree:
You should take Point Blank - it will buff your damage by a lot
At second take either Resolute Technique or Elemental overload

Your cold and lightning resistances are not capped (I guess it´s bcos of Wise Oak but every 1% is important).
Your chaos resistance is in negative area - chaos resistance is usually not a problem but bcos of you have no life sustain (totem build) it might be a problem sometimes.

- Drop Discipline aura. It has no benefit for you (beside a bit of ES which is useless here).
Use haste or Anger instead for a bit more damage (Haste is probably better bcos of movement speed bonus)
Or you can use some defensive aura such as Grace to boost your evasion.

- Blasphemy + flammability is a bad idea bcos you are totem build. You should keep distance from monsters!
You should apply curses in a different way.
Maybe Frenzy + gmp + curse on hit + curse setup.

- link Flame dash with faster casting

- You have no ailments imunity - you need to deal with bleed / shock / freeze / curses

->> upgrade your flasks

Sorrow unique flask is pretty useless - remove it
Keep Wise Oak

rest could look like this …

Gear:
Gear is pretty solid but you have lots of possibilities how to improve both survivability / damage

Boots - think about getting rare boots with high life / 30 MS / 30+ chaos resistance etc
You can get Quiver with pointblank corruption, double socketed Tomb fists and other expensive things to min/max your character.
Your elemental hit is just level 17 so keep getting exp (free damage bonus for extra levels) etc.

The most important thing:
I think you just need more experience and better character control so just keep playing one character and master it and you will get there eventually.

Thanks for the suggestions, i dropped discipline and i'm using grace right now. I also managed to get a point blank corruption in my quiver, it will save me some passives points which i am thinking to invest in more health. As for the curse setup, i am still trying what i will use.
"
wrycardo wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions, i dropped discipline and i'm using grace right now. I also managed to get a point blank corruption in my quiver, it will save me some passives points which i am thinking to invest in more health. As for the curse setup, i am still trying what i will use.

If you have enough damage you can use enfeeble curse (the best defensive curse in the game).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info