[3.6] Critical Ball Lightning Dual Shimmeron Trickster [SC]

Would you mind having a look at something I pulled together. I think I am on the same line as to how Ball Lightning goes, but I've choosen to go entirely different.

https://pastebin.com/AE5WckjZ

(intend to get Choir of the Storm, instead of Atziri's Foible)

I'm not out on 3 subjects:
Conversion: how much damage does it really add? I don't think I comprehend how much damage it actually adds? I don't plan on utilizing it, but Call of the Brotherhood (even 1?) beats out a great Opal ring I reckon?

MoM: I choose to use a huge MoM pool and aim to (eventually) have 50% MoM effect with Cloak + Watcher's Eye. I choose to use Mind of the Council, because ball lightning should be shocking so often, I should have permanent full mana (which is nice with MoM). Due to my huge pool size, I could even choose to reserve a large chunk of mana and still never run out. Even to the point where I consider dropping Weave of the Arcane. Might even get a bit more defensive stuff + movement speed + cast speed from Shrouds.

Dual Shimmeron vs. Magna Eclipsis and power charges: Of course dual Shimmeron is WAY more damage, but Magna helps against the degen from Shimmeron, as well as being an awesome shield to start with. Is it a matter of me being to safe? Of course I go an entire 7 power charges against your 4 power charges. Not sure if it's worthwhile in my case.

I feel like I'm overvalueing Power Charges..

'You know why I enjoy Math? If something doesn't exist we simply create it.'
Last edited by TotemLols on Mar 7, 2019, 7:57:07 PM
Have read 1st post several times - wasn't able to find: why Trickster and not Elementalist or Occultist, or Inquisitor, or even Scion (Raider/Elem/Occultist/Inq)?

Probably, you need to update POB, coz mine (last update) shows me 1.6k HP and 6.3k ES - is it intended? O.o

Also as very low res: 32% fire, 70% cold and 28% lightning
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
Last edited by SilverWF on Mar 7, 2019, 8:38:28 PM
"
TotemLols wrote:
Would you mind having a look at something I pulled together. I think I am on the same line as to how Ball Lightning goes, but I've choosen to go entirely different.

https://pastebin.com/AE5WckjZ

(intend to get Choir of the Storm, instead of Atziri's Foible)

I'm not out on 3 subjects:
Conversion: how much damage does it really add? I don't think I comprehend how much damage it actually adds? I don't plan on utilizing it, but Call of the Brotherhood (even 1?) beats out a great Opal ring I reckon?

I'd have to do a calculation to know exactly, but I can tell you that it's pretty simple. In 100% of Lightning Damage is applied the Non Chaos damage as Extra Chaos Damage (Harness the Void) before conversion. With dual Call of the Brotherhood you will convert 80% of your lightning damage to cold, so 80% of your cold damage is re-applied the Harness the Void again. This is why conversion is so powerful and many builds use it.

"
TotemLols wrote:
MoM: I choose to use a huge MoM pool and aim to (eventually) have 50% MoM effect with Cloak + Watcher's Eye. I choose to use Mind of the Council, because ball lightning should be shocking so often, I should have permanent full mana (which is nice with MoM). Due to my huge pool size, I could even choose to reserve a large chunk of mana and still never run out. Even to the point where I consider dropping Weave of the Arcane. Might even get a bit more defensive stuff + movement speed + cast speed from Shrouds.

If you want an extremely defensive build it's a good option. Your build has 4.7k of life, 3.3k of free mana and 2.2k ES, with the new "Soul Thief" node can even help keep this ES layer almost always full before the damage begins to take its life.

"
TotemLols wrote:
Dual Shimmeron vs. Magna Eclipsis and power charges: Of course dual Shimmeron is WAY more damage, but Magna helps against the degen from Shimmeron, as well as being an awesome shield to start with. Is it a matter of me being to safe? Of course I go an entire 7 power charges against your 4 power charges. Not sure if it's worthwhile in my case.

I feel like I'm overvalueing Power Charges..

I think Magna Eclipse does not help mitigate the damage of Shimmeron, because in the item description says that the shield is good to mitigate HITS, degeneration is not considered a hit.

"
SilverWF wrote:
Have read 1st post several times - wasn't able to find: why Trickster and not Elementalist or Occultist, or Inquisitor, or even Scion (Raider/Elem/Occultist/Inq)?

It's more a matter of personal taste, but Trickster has Harness the Void which is a great help in casting for more damage, Weaver has the Arcane that helps keep the mana almost always full working well with MoM, and has Power/Frenzy charges that help give damage in general. Probably other classes are better, but I'm stubborn, my favorite class is Shadow and preferred subclass is Trickster. :)

"
SilverWF wrote:
Probably, you need to update POB, coz mine (last update) shows me 1.6k HP and 6.3k ES - is it intended? O.o

Also as very low res: 32% fire, 70% cold and 28% lightning

I will check the links in PoB if they are correct, but some of them I did not update properly the gear, then just make the necessary changes. This is the updated build link I'm going to do again in this league:
https://pastebin.com/nUq4i8GR
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Mar 7, 2019, 8:44:48 PM
Hm, you need to recheck your POB - Configuration part.

You need to check that enemy is Shocked. / probably not, cos Shock damage part is too low to provide even 1% damage increase (if against Shaper)

There is set, that you are using Frenzy and Power charges. But how are you generating them? On trash - is fine, you have trickster passive "15% chance on kill", but against boss? And you don't have any channeling skills...

Could you also record a videos of usual map clear and boss fight, please?
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
Last edited by SilverWF on Mar 7, 2019, 11:08:22 PM
"
SilverWF wrote:

There is set, that you are using Frenzy and Power charges. But how are you generating them? On trash - is fine, you have trickster passive "15% chance on kill", but against boss? And you don't have any channeling skills...

I've added a simple lvl 1 tendrils in an open socket (or weapon swap) to generate charges before bosses. Very able to pre-cast with channel and for longer boss fights you have to channel for a short bit every 8-10-ish seconds to refresh them.
'You know why I enjoy Math? If something doesn't exist we simply create it.'
"
SilverWF wrote:
Hm, you need to recheck your POB - Configuration part.

You need to check that enemy is Shocked. / probably not, cos Shock damage part is too low to provide even 1% damage increase (if against Shaper)

Did you actually read the topic? Everything you asked me explained.

There is no configuration of PoB with shoked triggered.
Now if you ask me "And why did you put 50% more in atziri's promisse?", I explained at the beginning of the topic and it is very easy to understand.

The standard size of the BL radius is 22 units. Taking at least 20% increased AoE in the tree + Carcass Jackal with at least 43% and IAoE 20/20 the area of effect gets 32 units. It's almost 50% more at 360% degrees. This means that you can reach the enemy 50% more damage at "entrance" and 50% more damage at "exit" before the spell goes out of range or ends.

As I explained at the beginning of the topic, area of effect for Ball Lightning works like a modify "more", BL is a unique spell for this:

"Instead of using LMP or GMP because it reduce the damage done and do not give any advantage (shotgun effect rip for a long time), we will accumulate the maximum of IAoE, This is enough to clean packs of monsters.

Although AoE does not increase tooltip damage, this is a modifier that can be considered a "more". With more AoE, the balls deal damage longer, as they touch the farthest enemies and even if they go farther, until the very last moment they are dealing damage while the enemies are within their area of damage.

So theoretically, if Ball Lightning hits an enemy at a standard value of 22 units around it, that value may eventually increase by at least 50% on how much was invested in AoE. Just so you have notion, with enough AoE you do not have to worry about targeting the spell on your rear, any enemy that gets too close to you the moment you are casting Ball Lightning it is destroyed in the distance."

In the other part:

"As I said, I am doing a very simple calculation that, as I said, disregards for example AoE damage that can be considered a "more". If you want to consider this an addition to the damage, add 50% more (I think this value is realistic) to the damage."

If it is still difficult to understand, there is a drawing (done in paint, do not expect much precision):

That is, 50% more that I put is yes quite realistic and reasonable consider an average value like this, as it will reach 50% before and 50% after the enemies. Now the other value of 15% more in the other flask, this yes I considered the base value of shock ground of Vaal Lightning Trap or Ylfeban's Trickery (15% increased damage taken), since in PoB there is no option to put custom shock values.

"
SilverWF wrote:

Could you also record a videos of usual map clear and boss fight, please?

Shimmeron: initially you can use only 1, but as soon as you can use 2. Shimmeron is currently a cheap item but will only start appearing in new leagues after a while. Until then you can alternatively use Divinarius + Heartbreaker, dual Eclipse/Corona Solaris (its critical chance is global) or good rare items.

If corrupted with "5-7 chance to gain a power charge on critical strike", is better. The price of Shimmerion with this corruption will vary, I bought mine for 5 chaos, but had 1 exalted prices. This is not mandatory (you have Swift Killer in merciless lab), but it helps a lot, BL will cause so many critical hits that you will have perma power charges as if using Assassin's passive notable Unstable Infusion.

In addition to that, unlike 4 years ago, almost all map bosses today generate minions in fights, which helps a lot to keep up the charges.

Without videos for now, do it at your own risk.

"
TotemLols wrote:
I've added a simple lvl 1 tendrils in an open socket (or weapon swap) to generate charges before bosses. Very able to pre-cast with channel and for longer boss fights you have to channel for a short bit every 8-10-ish seconds to refresh them.

This is a good idea, but need more sockets. :P
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Mar 8, 2019, 6:25:35 AM
No, you didn't get me
I've said about Shock ailment.

NAh, Shimmerons with that corrupt expensive AF.
Also as Void Batteries, that I would prefer more, because they provides ~ same DPS, but - without huge life degen.
Also, very interesting item - Nebulis, that will be accessible in 3.6 (no idea about it's rarity tho), POB can't calculate it's dps, but on paper it must increase our Lightning and Cold damage by up to 800% each for each Nebulis.

There is no any ES leech sources, so you would have 0 ES for the whole fight.
So it's better to opt out of Grown and Decay nodes at the right side and take Light Eater on the left
"
SilverWF wrote:
No, you didn't get me
I've said about Shock ailment.

NAh, Shimmerons with that corrupt expensive AF.
Also as Void Batteries, that I would prefer more, because they provides ~ same DPS, but - without huge life degen.
Also, very interesting item - Nebulis, that will be accessible in 3.6 (no idea about it's rarity tho), POB can't calculate it's dps, but on paper it must increase our Lightning and Cold damage by up to 800% each for each Nebulis.

There is no any ES leech sources, so you would have 0 ES for the whole fight.
So it's better to opt out of Grown and Decay nodes at the right side and take Light Eater on the left

Yes it does not have ES leech in this tree and I think it might be a great option to give a little more survival, I'm still thinking about it. I should probably get Soul Thief to help in the tree.

But the basic concept of the build is there, who wants to modify to optimize and put the results here is at will, in what I find nice I put in the main post. :)
Guides made by me:
Hey. I'm liking the build so far, but I have some questions. In the skills section it says CwdT (level 1), Immortal Call (level 3) and Frost Bomb (level 10), does this mean that these skills shouldn't be leveled to max, rather they should be left at level 1, level 3 and level 10? If so, then I'd like to know the reason for this.

Thanks.
"
Cilee99 wrote:
Hey. I'm liking the build so far, but I have some questions. In the skills section it says CwdT (level 1), Immortal Call (level 3) and Frost Bomb (level 10), does this mean that these skills shouldn't be leveled to max, rather they should be left at level 1, level 3 and level 10? If so, then I'd like to know the reason for this.

Thanks.

Hey there,

I suppose you understand the basics of how CwdT works and why is't usually left around lvl 1-3. That's also the case in this build.

Also, to clarify, CwdT works when you're hit, so it won't proc 100% of the time you're killing stuff and take DoT damage from Nebulochs. This setup only increases survivability against almost everything the end game has to offer since it procs almost every hit you take.
If you're still not sure what's going on, please, check the Wiki how CwdT works and what are the pros and cons. https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Nebuloch

Regards
It's not about how we say, it's about what we say.
It's not about what we have done, it's about what we will do.
It's not about if I'm a bad person, it's about that I'm a good person.
It's not about why you are reading this, it's about why I wrote this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info