[3.6] Subzero Spider Winter Orb Elementalist - [USES FULL FENUMUS UNIQUE SET!] - From Meme to Viable

"
LINNBO wrote:
I mean lab enchant like something cast on hit, and the skill from it will deal lightning damage but not adding lightning damage on my winter orb. Because I remember there are enchant skill do fire damage so I assume there will be a lightning one? Then I can hit with winter orb then hit with the enchant skill which give mobs -50 res to fire and cold then I'll hit with winter orb again. Does this sound a way that can work?

Ahhh, if you meant lab enchanted, then yes, it will definitely work. I just thought you meant to have added lightning damage on your gear. Makes sense now. In that case, you should be good to go.

Good luck!
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
"
LINNBO wrote:
I mean lab enchant like something cast on hit, and the skill from it will deal lightning damage but not adding lightning damage on my winter orb. Because I remember there are enchant skill do fire damage so I assume there will be a lightning one? Then I can hit with winter orb then hit with the enchant skill which give mobs -50 res to fire and cold then I'll hit with winter orb again. Does this sound a way that can work?

Ahhh, if you meant lab enchanted, then yes, it will definitely work. I just thought you meant to have added lightning damage on your gear. Makes sense now. In that case, you should be good to go.

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Greetings, Exile (Bakuhakubasugasu)

I started the SubZero Spider Winter Orb Elementalist (2-3) Days Ago.
I'm writing here to share with you my experience throughout using this build so far! - Firstly, I want to note: My brother went for the Winter Orb build (one that is very popular on the forums) And I decided not to go go for that one. Instead, I went for your build guide.

After going through the first (Part 1) of Path of Exile - I found myself surviving with the exact gem setup you mentioned being important to have to Level. There were no mana problems here, and I got through (Part 1) with little to no problems. Once I had got Winter Orb, I started obliterating everything. However, later on- some of the bosses were not going down as fast as they should have.

(Part 2) was a different story... I struggled during Act 6 (End) But due to my survival techniques against the final boss- I survived and didn't have any deaths during Act 6 (apart from a Rare Strongbox killing me due to freeze player once activated) Act 7 was slightly more difficult but I managed to overcome it by upgrading my gear and looking out for the correct Suffixes and Prefixes.

Act 8 was where I died many times due to Poison Damage - Cesspool is what killed me the most including The Cauldron. Most of my deaths came from this part. I wasn't sure why I couldn't survive but some reason- I just started to not do enough damage / DPS. Act 9 was slightly more complicated but due to many upgrades and changes throughout the tree- I managed to survive and my ES was starting to look better. Around Act 10 is where I may have died once to Kitava but that was just my stupidness. As for the areas before the Kitava fight? Eh, I didn't die but I was taking some heavy hits. By this point my Winter Orb was doing great damage but I forgot to go for more duration on the tree- and this is why I didn't do enough DPS. Stupid me, but I managed to save the build.

OVERALL, I'm now doing Tier 1 - Tier 6 maps and it is going perfectly! And this is without the Unique items. I unfortunately don't have enough currency to purchase the required Unique items... but I'm working towards it now. If you struggled like me (for anyone who is following this build or thinking about going for it) Just make sure you CAP your resistances and have high ES. Once you have followed the tree by around Act 10- you will be seeing major differences! I highly recommend this build to anyone who is familiar with WO (Winter Orb) Good luck, Exile!

AND THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH FOR THIS BUILD GUIDE! <3

"
LukeJRVex wrote:
...AND THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH FOR THIS BUILD GUIDE! <3

Glad you enjoyed the build. :] To be honest, this build was more of a meme build since I just wanted to use the full Fenumus set but it ended up being way better than expected.

Everyone's staring point is different so leveling may vary. Hopefully you are able to afford the unique items later, because it does make a heck of a difference. Just slowly work your way up and I know you will be good.

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Hey mate since we use CI, why not we pick occulist as the ascendancy because well im kind of have small mindset, i heard CI i can only think occulist as ascendancy
Last edited by Ayam1414 on Apr 8, 2019, 8:22:19 AM
"
Ayam1414 wrote:
Hey mate since we use CI, why not we pick occulist as the ascendancy because well im kind of have small mindset, i heard CI i can only think occulist as ascendancy

One of the things is, so many people already use Occultist for Winter Orb. We also get a lot more out of Elementalist in my opinion. Occultist is great for cold and energy shield too, but their cold passives are dealing with more so cold damage over time. Elementalist also gives us guaranteed shocks which makes our damage even more stupid.

I tried the build with Occultist, but I personally like running it on Elementalist more after trying it out for a while. I think you just need to give it a try yourself too once you get the build up and running. We already can get so much energy shield just by being in the Witch's skill tree starting point so grabbing more energy shield isn't too much of a problem.

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
"
"
Ayam1414 wrote:

One of the things is, so many people already use Occultist for Winter Orb. We also get a lot more out of Elementalist in my opinion. Occultist is great for cold and energy shield too, but their cold passives are dealing with more so cold damage over time. Elementalist also gives us guaranteed shocks which makes our damage even more stupid.

I tried the build with Occultist, but I personally like running it on Elementalist more after trying it out for a while. I think you just need to give it a try yourself too once you get the build up and running. We already can get so much energy shield just by being in the Witch's skill tree starting point so grabbing more energy shield isn't too much of a problem.

Good luck!

Thanks mate Im gonna give a shot. This build really looks fun
"
Ayam1414 wrote:
Thanks mate Im gonna give a shot. This build really looks fun

Sounds good. :)

Give it a try and let me know how it runs for you. If you have any other questions or concerns, I am here to help.

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Hi! It's me again :)

Just want to give you some feedback on how the build looks like so far. I took down shaper easily with the full Fenemus set. And the mapping experience just feels so good and smooth.
But I failed couple of times fighting uber elder. now I'm thinking about how to make the build stronger, I kinda want to go low life now cuz I stocked around 10EX of currency now so I want to make some upgrade. But I did enchant a 40 percent winter orb damage on my helmet so I don't want to change the helmet, I'm trying to get a glove with AotS skill and with higher ES, and of course a Shav since I want to go low life.
Do you have any suggestion on how to upgrade my damage and ES other than go low life? Or do you have any suggestion on my gem link changes if I go low life?
Thank you!

here are my current gear.

Last edited by LINNBO on Apr 16, 2019, 8:58:56 AM
"
LINNBO wrote:
Hi! It's me again :)

Just want to give you some feedback on how the build looks like so far. I took down shaper easily with the full Fenemus set. And the mapping experience just feels so good and smooth.
But I failed couple of times fighting uber elder. now I'm thinking about how to make the build stronger, I kinda want to go low life now cuz I stocked around 10EX of currency now so I want to make some upgrade. But I did enchant a 40 percent winter orb damage on my helmet so I don't want to change the helmet, I'm trying to get a glove with AotS skill and with higher ES, and of course a Shav since I want to go low life.
Do you have any suggestion on how to upgrade my damage and ES other than go low life? Or do you have any suggestion on my gem link changes if I go low life?
Thank you!

here are my current gear.
GEAR

Do remember, I did kind of make the build just because I had the whole Fenumus set so there obviously are places you could improve on in gear. Rather than using the whole set, just using specific specific parts of the set and replacing with other gear will obviously be better, but that was not the purpose of this build. This is why I originally said the build started out a bit as a meme at first. If you want to remain a loyalist hipster like me, then I just kept using the set without replacing the actual set, but just more so the other non-set item/gear.

Your gear is pretty decent. Solid energy shield rolls which are important. Any extra mods are just quality of life of course. Uber Elder for me was ok. I have fought him a lot, so I am used to the fight. I only died once with this build while fighting him. It was a bit of a careless death because I played a bit riskier when I could have easily went a safer route. That is on me though. The second time I fought him with this build, it was deathless.

Low life is definitely possible. It would become a totally different build at that point, but obviously with some similarities. If you do go the low life route, then I would suggest optimizing certain items and skill nodes on the tree to get the most out of low life as you can. I have not gone low life with the build, but I have for other builds. You have a lot of ways to utilize the low life. Maybe you can run another aura or something for me damage and link it with Blood Magic so you can get your low life (35% or lower life). Pain Attunement (30% more spell damage on low life) is obviously broken with low life too. That is obviously a must grab. You can also lower your life down with running a Presence of Chayula, but you would need to optimize life a bit more to get more energy shield out of it. If you do this, then you may miss the mods from a rare amulet too.

There's just so many different combinations and routes that you could take here. Choose what works best for you. I personally would sit down on the PoE wiki and read other builds that run low life so you have other ideas.

Good luck and let me know if you got any other questions and concerns.

:D
[Build/Stream Thread]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info