[3.8] Fast Storm Brand Leveling Guide | League Starter | HC/SC

Are there any good support gems to link with Heralds? Or is it not worth the mana reservation?
Blade Vortex isn't available after killing Fairgraves. It's available after killing Merveil.
Last edited by Alayron on Feb 23, 2019, 11:41:49 AM
"
Alayron wrote:
Blade Vortex isn't available after killing Fairgraves. It's available after killing Merveil.

You are correct that Blade Vortex is available as a quest reward upon killing Merveil. But you can purchase Blade Vortex from Nessa before reaching Merveil. Don't believe me? Try it (:
"
NameOfMyLady wrote:
Are there any good support gems to link with Heralds? Or is it not worth the mana reservation?

An option you could do, is the two Heralds + Curse on Hit + Warlords Mark. However it isn't too necessary for the leveling process. When you get into mapping, this is definitely an option to consider!
"
ShermanDiablo wrote:
You are correct that Blade Vortex is available as a quest reward upon killing Merveil. But you can purchase Blade Vortex from Nessa before reaching Merveil. Don't believe me? Try it (:

Then PoE Wiki is incorrect. Cause it's sayin that BV is available from Nessa after completing "The Siren's Cadence".
"
Alayron wrote:
"
ShermanDiablo wrote:

Then PoE Wiki is incorrect. Cause it's sayin that BV is available from Nessa after completing "The Siren's Cadence".

Try the guide out, then get back to me (:
Hey, great guide!
I really enjoy playing it.
Can you tell me, why you recommend to help Alira if we can't use the citical-strike multiplier?

Thank you in advance!
"
denk0815 wrote:
Hey, great guide!
I really enjoy playing it.
Can you tell me, why you recommend to help Alira if we can't use the citical-strike multiplier?

Thank you in advance!

Fantastic to hear! We actually take Alira because of the 15% to all Elemental Resistances, which makes capping resists with poor gear less of a hassle. Naturally this is just for leveling, and when deep into a league or maps I would recommend changing to Eramir for the passive points.
Thanks for the guide. I've never tried speed levelling or monitoring how long it takes me to do anything in this game before but I was able to finish act 10 in 6 hours 2 minutes on Betrayal SSF SC tabbing between the game and your guide. I died about 15 times. I think I'll be able to cut around an hour off the time for the start of the new league now that I'm more familiar with the route - although I probably farm tabula instead of going right for Kitava.

How long does it normally take you to complete?

Cheers!
"
pro_tractor wrote:
Thanks for the guide. I've never tried speed levelling or monitoring how long it takes me to do anything in this game before but I was able to finish act 10 in 6 hours 2 minutes on Betrayal SSF SC tabbing between the game and your guide. I died about 15 times. I think I'll be able to cut around an hour off the time for the start of the new league now that I'm more familiar with the route - although I probably farm tabula instead of going right for Kitava.

How long does it normally take you to complete?

Cheers!

Thank you for the feedback on the progress! 6 hours is a very respectable time for a story finish. Naturally the game just takes practice to improve your leveling progress, this guide is just the groundwork, the rest is you!

I'd be interested to know what your deaths were to? And if this was a weakness with your gear or your own mistakes?

My fastest practice run was 4:05. Not quite ready to compete in races, hoping to cut off another 30 minutes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info