[3.13] WINTER ORB ELEMENTALIST Build. Highest DPS on budget! +VIDEO GUIDE!

I'm going through the CWDT setups in the build, there's some discrepancies between the POB and your actual gear setup so trying to make sure I understand it all. The first CWDT is supposed to trigger Immortal Call and Phase Run so CWDT lvl 2, Immortal Call lvl 3, and Phase Run lvl 4 or lower.

Second setup CWDT triggers Frost Bomb and Cold Snap but NOT Arctic Armour. So CWDT lvl 4, Cold Snap lvl 9, Frost Bomb lvl 10. Is there a reason why 10 instead of lvl 12, it'll still get triggered by CWDT?

Then Arctic Armour is self cast? Then unlink it from the 4L so it reserves less mana? I can't support both heralds HOT, HIO and Arctic Armour.

Bonus question, running a 5L and Hypothermia doesn't seem to add any damage in my POB. Is there some ascendancy interaction I'm missing there? Running Controlled Destruction instead of Hypo for my 5L because of that. Lots of questions sorry if some are obvious!
"
GoatMonger wrote:
I'm going through the CWDT setups in the build, there's some discrepancies between the POB and your actual gear setup so trying to make sure I understand it all. The first CWDT is supposed to trigger Immortal Call and Phase Run so CWDT lvl 2, Immortal Call lvl 3, and Phase Run lvl 4 or lower.

Second setup CWDT triggers Frost Bomb and Cold Snap but NOT Arctic Armour. So CWDT lvl 4, Cold Snap lvl 9, Frost Bomb lvl 10. Is there a reason why 10 instead of lvl 12, it'll still get triggered by CWDT?

Then Arctic Armour is self cast? Then unlink it from the 4L so it reserves less mana? I can't support both heralds HOT, HIO and Arctic Armour.

Bonus question, running a 5L and Hypothermia doesn't seem to add any damage in my POB. Is there some ascendancy interaction I'm missing there? Running Controlled Destruction instead of Hypo for my 5L because of that. Lots of questions sorry if some are obvious!

You can level frost bomb higher if you wish and it will be triggered. I don't remember exact levels.
Arctic Armour should not reserve more since no support gems connected.
for Hypothermia you need to have "enemy is chilled" clicked in pob.
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
"
"
GoatMonger wrote:

You can level frost bomb higher if you wish and it will be triggered. I don't remember exact levels.
Arctic Armour should not reserve more since no support gems connected.
for Hypothermia you need to have "enemy is chilled" clicked in pob.

Hey thanks for the quick reply! Got it figured out. It's a bit mana hungry before Mastermind of Discord but lots of damage!! Added 1 mana regen node 15% and Clarity for now instead of Vaal RF cuz I don't really need the damage. So far build is smashing, thanks!
What does giving up Acrobatics/Phase Acro do for survivability? That's a lot of dodge to give up
"
_Vanquish_ wrote:
What does giving up Acrobatics/Phase Acro do for survivability? That's a lot of dodge to give up

You will feel eternal pain
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
Was hoping for a more constructive answer than that. Please.
"
_Vanquish_ wrote:

What's there to explain? It's almost literally a 30%+ More hp boost.
"
ExiledPoe wrote:
"
_Vanquish_ wrote:

What's there to explain? It's almost literally a 30%+ More hp boost.

Fine, but you're getting hit a lot more, so theres quite a trade off. The question is, is it worth speccing out of phase acro for the hp boost, or because there's not very much armor and es on this build, will you be getting killed a lot more?

Much to be explained.
That's absolutely something you can POB, but since I've done it already I'll tell you the gist. Not enough life or other survival nodes within reach to make up for the 30/40 dodge loss.

Armor isn't tuned well and is almost irrelevant. Energy shield is irrelevant on a build that uses life. And the decreases are only Less(not a multiplicative/overall reduction), so the actual reductions are very small even if you use EB+MOM in your build. The only tangible reduction in defense is the -block(for dual wield or shield users, maybe for staff users if you're going that route. And only attack block), and that's also small which the extra 10(in 40) more than makes up for.

And how are you getting hit much more?

The trade for those 9 pts is more damage or quality of life or a mix of both.

EDIT: Need to correct myself from earlier. I said Acrobatics wasn't multiplicative, I was wrong. It can be an issue when going EB MOM. Sorry.
Last edited by ExiledPoe on Mar 24, 2019, 3:00:11 PM
"
ExiledPoe wrote:
That's absolutely something you can POB, but since I've done it already I'll tell you the gist. Not enough life or other survival nodes within reach to make up for the 30/40 dodge loss.

Armor isn't tuned well and is almost irrelevant. Energy shield is irrelevant on a build that uses life. And the decreases are only Less(not a multiplicative/overall reduction), so the actual reductions are very small even if you use EB+MOM in your build. The only tangible reduction in defense is the -block(for dual wield or shield users, maybe for staff users if you're going that route. And only attack block), and that's also small which the extra 10(in 40) more than makes up for.

And how are you getting hit much more?

The trade for those 9 pts is more damage or quality of life or a mix of both.

I assume that without the acro/Phase Acro, your didge chance is far less meaning overall you get hit a lot more.

I'm confused. The first thing you said is there's not enough survival nodes in reach to make up for the loss of acro/phase acro.

Your initial opinion was that the increase in life from this tree opposed to 3.5 Winter Orb's tree, was that this variant is better, which would oppose your statement that acro/phase acro cant be made up for.

I'm trying to understand, not argue. I assume you have more experience and knowledge on this topic, so in your opinion, going from my current tree, using acro/phase acro, switching to the crit tree with about 1k more life, does survivability go up, down, or stay about the same?

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info