Xbox one trading sucks. Read why inside

This has been an informative guide. I read the full thread and I agree that why are not developers not interested in the development scene.
Just got back on console to play this league. Man, no changes. It's still bad. It's really unpleasant to type things like this out and have 0 response from the development team.

Xbox trade is broken, we need to get it fixed. Players just stop playing because trading end game is just so unpleasant. I wish GGG would acknowledge the issue we have....
Trading isn't broken, it's just awful. Judging by GGG's philosophies my guess is they'll never change it. Just hoping at least they'll add in the crap they said they'd put in leagues ago, like the chat. Game just feels way too damn lonely, way lonelier than PC and that really tells you something.
xPeleusx

1 is the dumbest thing i ever heard in my 18 years of existence,prices are too high because 1 there are a little group of people that actually know what an item is worth and sells overpriced because 2 people dont know the value of their items.On pc you have trade macro and with 1 click you find out exactly how is your item selling and then price yours accordingly.For example 30c for a decently rolled Ventors Gamble is on PC which is reasonable,3ex for the same rolls on xbox is just dumb.

The supply is short because yes the population is lower and shit but this can EASILY be solved by us even,just equalise prices with PC and then the request will be higher and people will actually start farming,prices will be okay and everything will be good.Another reason prices are so high is just because of the hundreds of thousands of players on xbox poe a 6l 6s bad life good res item has not sold in a week,and why sell if you already know that it wont sell.For people who realise this its a big turnoff.And hell even stuff that is selling for 20c for average i cant even sell it for 5 fucking chaos its just sitting in my premium stash tab taking space.

This league especially seems to be dead as fuck,maybe the population is declining or idk but this really needs to be taken care of because a good game with a broken market place is not good at all.A market reset would solve some of the problems but i dont know if something like that is possible.

Also i dont know if these are bots but if i see a stack of fuses or chromatics that sell for another currency like alchs,i just get sent a link for a currency site the instant i press submit.

Hell a good solution would even be to have a website dedicated to xbox poe trade and just use that and let the retards in trade market see if they get any currency.
"
paladiex wrote:
1. You removed the option to price things in premium stashtabs based on that tab. No more 1c stash tabs. Please give this back, it's important as it allows players to quickly and efficiently price out their stuff and establish a baseline price.

I think the most desirable feature of this would be as some form of "control" for pricing, but whether or not it would actually be beneficial isn't really known - Users have no way to easily access some sort of aggregated pricing statistics for items, so a stash-tab "list price" feature might backfire.

"I'll sell everything I put one this page for 1 Ex! I WILL BECOME FABULOUSLY WEALTHY!..."

"
2. Players are using premium stashtabs to store items they do not want to sell. We need some way to unlist items within premium stashtabs; no one wants to put in an offer and wait to find out that item isn't for sale.

I got hit with that yesterday. If GGG wasn't so eager to invent ways to convince players to buy stash tabs, maybe it wouldn't be such a problem. :) But, honestly, they can only "user-proof" a limited number of things. People are still going to stuff their stashes with... stuff. Some of that will overflow into "Sale" tabs.

"
3. Bulk currency exchange might not be a bad idea. I see this is already sort of included on the website here. Runescape uses a "grand exchange" where items go in and get sold basically immediately and exchange rates fluctuate with supply and demand of the users. It's unpleasant separating my fus into stacks of 2 for 1 chaos, just to get lost in the sea of currency that appears when you search for fus.

PoE uses Vendors as "Currency Regulatory Agencies." :) Exchange rates for currency never goes lower than Vendor rates, where applicable. "Never goes lower," is the important bit.

Currency price-fixing has been pretty rampant. I skipped a couple of leagues, but this league seems to have much more of that going on than what I previously experienced on console. That could be because the fixers just got better at it... It's difficult to tell what the actual value of Exalts/Chaos is, what with all the false sales listings. But, I bought 70 Chaos for 1 Ex early in the League and felt I was getting a bargain... Now? I dunno. Values seem to be creeping upwards. (I got lucky and got a good drop, sold it, converted.)

The point being - Price-Fixing inserts an artificial control/environment that can't really be overcome with the current system, especially with lower population numbers.

Want to stabilize the market to prevent inflation?

Make a Vendor Recipe that fixes the exchange-rate for Exalts vs Chaos. (People might freak out...)

"
4. When I list an item for 1 chaos asking price, do not require that I confirm that item. ..

Buyouts/minimum bid has been discussed. It's problematic, though. It would have to be simple, like requiring only the currency specified. And, that may require some deep work, somewhere, to get the game to recognize that. It would prevent people from bidding with alternative currency, though. And, that may introduce complications with demand and inflation in the currency trade. If you mean a "1 chaos" literally, those items aren't really too common in terms of demand. Lower Atlas Maps? A leveling 4-link Rare armor piece?

"
5. Allow us advanced item searches. If I want a Jewel that has +health / +all res / +speed on kill I have to view 1,000+ jewels to have maybe ~<20 that meet that criteria and is highlighted.

GGG seems to be doing all it can to avoid Boolean search capability. At best, one can get an ilevel, for instance, in 9 digit segments. ie: "level:2" (or whatever the F it is) returns all ilevels with the first digit being "2", which includes 20 thru 29 or some crap like that. (Obviously, I'm not a fan..)

"
Overall, I believe that with a decreased population of players on console it becomes important to allow users more ways to trade. Trading on console is really confusing for players, they don't know what their stuff is worth and it is not easy for users to find that out. People list everything as for sale because there is no incentive not to; overall this makes establishing a market for items very difficult.

People list everything they can because they are desperately driven to buy the "Must Have" items for their build in a marketplace with much lower supply of those items than the PC community enjoys.

At any one time, there are five of one item that I really need for my build. Five. TWO of those items are entirely controlled by a price fixer who is rationing off at least one other of those items at an inflated price. They will not sell the two lower-priced "price-fixing" items.

That leaves two items being soled by other sellers... maybe. (I have no idea.) And, their prices are determined by what? Not the lowest priced items in the market, of course, but the higher priced item.

This is part of the "broken" bits of PoE's economy. There is no "market pressure" in operation here that would tend to moderate pricing. ZERO.

"
TL;DR
Trading on console sucks. Let us price our entire tabs. Let us unlist specific items in a tab. Let us auto exchange currencies. Auto accept trades for my asking price. Give us better item filters.

The mechanics are a bit wonky, that's true. There are some Quality of Life improvements that might help. But, those will only go so far to make the Marketplace a "good" experience. As it stands, even the console's tiny, relative, markeplace compared to the PC is difficult to deal with for certain things because there is no way to access any aggregated information. And, using any sort of "tool" that GGG has given us in the form of filters, etc, is wonky and convoluted to work with, at best.
"
...Also i dont know if these are bots but if i see a stack of fuses or chromatics that sell for another currency like alchs,i just get sent a link for a currency site the instant i press submit.

Hell a good solution would even be to have a website dedicated to xbox poe trade and just use that and let the retards in trade market see if they get any currency.

If you're getting "links" or texts advertising currency/real-money-trading, report those transactions to GGG. Provide date/time/account info when they ask. (PM) There's a "Report" feature in the console trade window. I don't really know how that works, but you could try using it as well.

Yes, there are bots on PoE Console.

They have said that they had "plans" to make trading on the console "better" and some kind of plans for some sort of way players could get market information online... but nothing has come of any of those "plans." It may be that the ability to login/link console accounts through the PoE website can help with that.
agree with whatever positive trade changes. Ones above many good ideas
all they have to do is add some damn global chat, a separate channel for trade and a party chat. that would solve soooo many issues. people are not calling out other people for high priced items, that has a lot to do with it. it would also stabilize prices since a price check is only one sentence away. get on it ggg!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info