Inventory management QOL

I really love playing the game on Xbox and I am sure PS4 players are excited to get it soon as well.

I have a suggestion for QOL when managing inventory. Manny times we stock our tabs with stuff that needs to be sold to the vendor wholesale in large lots (I.e. chaos recipe). This can become very tedious.

===
Updated idea

Right now moving the right stick in inventory moves the cursor completely left, right, up or down. This isn’t really that useful. If you changed it instead to move to the closest item left, right, up or down that would improve QOL on extracting items significanly.

I know this might sound small but the time savings would be huge for end game play.

Thanks for listening!

Last edited by mmcmain on Jan 29, 2019, 6:57:06 PM
Last bumped on Feb 2, 2019, 10:21:53 AM
If I understand the suggestion (use bare click left stick), then I think that it will conflict with the filter function (click left stick plus D-Pad).
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
Oh crap. You’re right.

There may not be a free control left in the scheme then. It would be a really great feature though if they could figure out a place to put it.

Updated original post with a better suggestion.

If you agree with this idea please comment as it might help GGG see that this simple change could improve how we deal with end-game inventory quite a bit.
"
mmcmain wrote:

Updated idea

Right now moving the right stick in inventory moves the cursor completely left, right, up or down. This isn’t really that useful. If you changed it instead to move to the closest item left, right, up or down that would improve QOL on extracting items significanly.

I know this might sound small but the time savings would be huge for end game play.

Thanks for listening!

I use the right stick all the time to move about - especially within the Trade Board search screens with single unit items like rings. My biggest disappointment with using RS to move is that it (necessarily because of conflicts) does not work everywhere. But on the topic of QOL and moving to an item, why on stuff like the card trading screen is there not a one touch solution to retrieve items from the vendor window? (or perhaps there is already in which case, would someone please educate me - thanks). But if RS moved the cursor between the inventory and the vendor window then I would consider it to be a great QOL move (which might be a subset of OP's revised proposal but my preference would be to expand RS, not change it).

Edit: And RS movement could be improved by making it easier to jump between windows (inventory and stash in particular - tends to stick at the bottom, possibly because the bottom row of the stash and the bottom row of the inventory do no align).
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
Last edited by AnExile_onthePath on Feb 2, 2019, 10:25:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info