{3.5} CwC Winter Orb and Ice Spear Inquisitor

Basics
-Winter orb is a new channeling ice ability added in patch 3.5 betrayal
-has a maximum of 10-12 stages (depending on if you get the maximum +2 to winter orb uber enchantment)
-Ice spear fires 2 projectiles that go slow at the star and then speed up and pierce

leveling
Firstly you can run all the way to end game on a tabula although I don't recommend it. In my build I ended up using a loreweave after going through a few chest pieces
the path of building below
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/fn4TQsm1

I ended up taking whispers of doom to add an extra curse but drop the levels leading to it if you can get a +1 to curse item

We take a decent amount of crit an elemental damage to increase our damage
however ice spear has an already near max critical chance to begin with so if you can focus critical multiplier where you can

Gem links
Chest piece
Spoiler
Cast when damage taken(level 1)->cold snap(level 7)->bonechill->increased duration->increased aoe->hypothermia

Weapon
Spoiler
Winter Orb->Ice Spear->Cast While Channeling->Increased Critical Strikes-> Greater Multiple Projectiles->Hypothermia

Helmet
Spoiler
Herald of Ice->Curse on Hit->Assassin's Mark->Ice Bite

Gloves
Spoiler
Clarity
Herald of Thunder
Portal

Boots
Spoiler
Lightning Warp->Less Duration->Swift Affliction

Gear
you can run this build on an entirely rare set up that's to say there are no required unique items

my current items look a little like this
Spoiler

my final thoughts on the build are that it does a lot of damage on a low budget and can be min maxed to make the most of it.
Last bumped on Jan 25, 2019, 7:23:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info