[3.7] CoC Volatile Dead Ascendant (Uber elder, shaper, Uber atziri viable)

~hi dude , i want to try your build , but i think your POB link is not update for 3.7, i see you still use WM ring ( and he dont work for spell now) can you update it plz :)

edit : after reading i see you keep it for leech with cyclone ^^
Last edited by Dadybear on Jun 26, 2019, 12:48:27 PM
I've got a question there is any better way to degen for cwdt setups? I see one guy showing me his coc cd build and he was using some ignite ring i think but i lost hit name and cant figure it out. Also is this build viable as shadow ??
"
MisFilemon wrote:
I've got a question there is any better way to degen for cwdt setups? I see one guy showing me his coc cd build and he was using some ignite ring i think but i lost hit name and cant figure it out. Also is this build viable as shadow ??

Hi.

There are other ways to make yourself taking damage.
Eye of innocence + moku's embrace (cant remember the ring correctly).

Disintegrator staff is one option.

I think it can be done as shadow. You lose some life as you cant access scion life wheel. But scaling crit should be super easy.

I encourage you to try it out!
Just curious will oni-goroshi her embrace will trigger CWDT, someone ever tried this?
"
AbcKnight wrote:
Just curious will oni-goroshi her embrace will trigger CWDT, someone ever tried this?

Someone need to try this out. Im afraid it wont proc CWDT's tho..
Just purchase cheapest ones. You right its do not trigger the CWDT
I am enjoying this build, but I'm having a tough time with survivability. I'm a bit wary of dumping more currency into this build since I'm constantly getting 1-shot by seemingly nothing. I'm not exactly sure what I should prioritize replacing if I do decide to put more currency into it, not super rich, only have like 3 ex, and a few hundred chaos. Can someone help me understand where I need to focus? My character's name is SpinningCoCnBalls.

* I have a 6L Loreweave sitting in stash, but I'm trying to get a Vorici bench to get at least 2 white sockets on it before I can swap to it. (Only shows me getting +150 life +200 ES in PoB and a negligible amount of armour though).

* The main problem I have is if I run the Doedre gloves, I can't keep my life/mana up while spamming my life/hybrid flasks constantly. If I run them with my current setup, clear is pretty good, but my single target is tough since it's hard to proc CWDT.

* I don't have the funds for a multimod claw, but with Precision and the accuracy crafts, I'm at 95% hit chance.

* I added Assassin's Mark to my Desecrate CWDT setup for now, and it seems to help quite a bit, but it's still a bit of a struggle.

Thanks in advance, I do really enjoy the playstyle (first time I've actually played VD, really like it!), just frustrated that I can't take on things like Legion in yellow maps.
Hi.

Glad you liked it. Overall your gear seems to be pretty low.
Also your level is pretty low. Running few poorjoy or some purestone runs could help a lot.

What comes to gear about every piece shoud be upgraded. The build needs currency to work better. Maybe you should try to farm t2 glaciers for timeless events or so to get some currency :/

EDIT: X% of fire dmage leeched as life is also pretty mandatory to get your leech up.
Last edited by Nela88 on Jul 11, 2019, 11:06:10 PM
I just stumbled upon your build while planning a CoC Volatile Dead Assassin myself. Awesome work, dude. I wonder, if you could use a Ngamahu's Flame with CoC to cast desecrate.
"
Dangly_Parts wrote:
I am enjoying this build, but I'm having a tough time with survivability. I'm a bit wary of dumping more currency into this build since I'm constantly getting 1-shot by seemingly nothing. I'm not exactly sure what I should prioritize replacing if I do decide to put more currency into it, not super rich, only have like 3 ex, and a few hundred chaos. Can someone help me understand where I need to focus? My character's name is SpinningCoCnBalls.

* I have a 6L Loreweave sitting in stash, but I'm trying to get a Vorici bench to get at least 2 white sockets on it before I can swap to it. (Only shows me getting +150 life +200 ES in PoB and a negligible amount of armour though).

* The main problem I have is if I run the Doedre gloves, I can't keep my life/mana up while spamming my life/hybrid flasks constantly. If I run them with my current setup, clear is pretty good, but my single target is tough since it's hard to proc CWDT.

* I don't have the funds for a multimod claw, but with Precision and the accuracy crafts, I'm at 95% hit chance.

* I added Assassin's Mark to my Desecrate CWDT setup for now, and it seems to help quite a bit, but it's still a bit of a struggle.

Thanks in advance, I do really enjoy the playstyle (first time I've actually played VD, really like it!), just frustrated that I can't take on things like Legion in yellow maps.

Hey, I had the same problem. My damage was high enough to one shot most mobs, but the Doedre's Malevolence + Scold'S Bridle combo was chewing through my mana and life pool way too fast. I pumped up my fire damage to get more out of the leech, but one shots did happen regularly and prevented me from making any progress with my XP.
So while I might get back to the OPs gear recommendations at a later point in the game, I currently am running a more defensive setup which lets me run at least T10 maps. I switched out the gloves and the helmet for rares with defensive stas. Lost a lot of spell damage that way, but VD is still obliterating everything it touches.
To trigger the CWDT setups I equipped
and also made sure to get at least another 10% chance to ignite from my rings. This is by no means a tanky build and I still die from time to time, but with enough mitigation and regen from flasks I can clear maps way more comfortably than before.

edit: oh almost forgot, I went for Bubonic Trail boots with only one abyssal socket so I could socket an Immortal Call for a little bit more survivability.
Last edited by Aaerox90 on Jul 12, 2019, 5:22:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info