Which bow should i use?

Hi there,

Currently i'm playing on SSF Betrayal and lvl 94, Deadeye Ranger. Pyhs to ele convert. Ice shot for packs, Shrapnel Shot for single target.

I have decent bow right now

But i have two upgrade options and can't decide which one to use. I can multimod only one of them since i only have 5 Exalted Orbs.

My options are:

"Dread Nock" will have %phys and att. speed (4 exalt) while "Horror Fletch" will have %phys and non-chaos as extra chaos (3 exalt).

With this upgrade plan, Dread Nock gives more dps since higher crit and attack speed. Horror Fletch gives more avarage damage but lower dps.

Should i simply choose the higher dps one or that "non-chaos as extra chaos" is a nice thing?
Last edited by erkant on Jan 23, 2019, 2:56:45 AM
Last bumped on Jan 23, 2019, 3:10:35 PM
If you want the real answer - download path of building and try all 3 bows in it. You can create custom rares and try all possible and impossible variations.
Those higher/lower dps, avarage damage come from path of building already. I'm not speculating.

That chaos thingy makes me doubt.
You can add chaos thingy too? If you don't have any other sources of chaos damage that % added is a raw increase to your overall damage and 20% is a lot, but no as and lower crit is no good so idk (im so useful xd). Having a lot of ele pen would also make chaos less valuable. Considering dread nock is also 6 linked already i'd probably go with it, but yea i haven't checked pob numbers so idk
Here are the possible outcomes (with some divine orb business) versus my currently equipped bow

I am not talking about checking bow dps, you can do that with calculator. Path of building shows your actual(as much as it can) dps of your character when you upload your char and gear, so you can just swap the bows and see which one is better. Is that what you are doing?
"
Nubatack wrote:
I am not talking about checking bow dps, you can do that with calculator. Path of building shows your actual(as much as it can) dps of your character when you upload your char and gear, so you can just swap the bows and see which one is better. Is that what you are doing?

Yes, that exactly is what i do. Those numbers are against Shaper Boss.
So pick one with higher numbers. Only reasons to go for less dps bow with no chaos i see is if you had a lot of/full ele pen which would make ele damage more effective or to have more ele dmg for easier shocks and shutters, but that doesn't matter with full conversion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info