Bossing help

Hi, my newest character named CoCStormCall was created for memeing, it doesn't use stormcall anymore cus it sucked. I switched to arc and GC. The build works really good for clearing and boss dps isn't the worst but could be better. But my survivability vs bosses really sucks. Got maxed res and 6.2k life.
Would like some help with skill tree or itemization. Simply buying a 6l loreweave won't to it since 3 green 3 blue are too expensive.

Thanks in advance :D
Last edited by DecentDanny on Jan 21, 2019, 8:47:00 PM
Last bumped on Jan 22, 2019, 6:30:10 PM
Well you have no Keystone, that alone is uncommon to say the least :>

Usually the layers of defence are:

- High leech
- High block
- Dodge
- MoM
- High regen
- Curses
- Mechanically evading

Usually you pick more than 1 of these layers.
You are using just a small amount of leech from warlord's mark (and leech with the brand), that isn't enought.
You could use a Basalt flask or Rumi's Concotion, or a better yet: get Acrobatics.
You could use a Temp Chains with Blasphemy, and definitely whirling blades around avoiding stuff.
Last edited by jhssf on Jan 21, 2019, 10:18:42 PM
"
jhssf wrote:

- High leech
- High block
- Dodge
- MoM
- High regen
- Curses
- Mechanically evading

You are using just a small amount of leech from warlord's mark (and leech with the brand), that isn't enought.
You could use a Basalt flask or Rumi's Concotion, or a better yet: get Acrobatics.
You could use a Temp Chains with Blasphemy, and definitely whirling blades around avoiding stuff.

Don't forget excessive hp can be used as defense, I found that route provided the most damage mitigation on my molten strike build I'd recommend 9k+ hp.
Meta = cattle

-ty men
"
jhssf wrote:

- High leech
- High block
- Dodge
- MoM
- High regen
- Curses
- Mechanically evading

Hi, thanks for your response.
First of all i think im going for acrobatics (phase acrobatics too?). Besides that:
- High leech, is quite hard to get from the shadow start point. And items for high leech arent cheap either (acuity) Might get vaal pact multimod ammy later when im not poor anymore
-High block, also quite hard from shadow start point. I have 25% block. Don't know where it is from tho. Will get a Rumi's to help with block :D
-Dodge, im going for acrobatics
-MoM, i found very hard to sustain without mana leech. Any tips?
-Curses, i will run a blashpemy setup. Debating temp chains or enfeeble, what do u think?
-Mechanically evading, im practising this ^^
So im going for acrobatics (phase acrobatics too?) a Rumi's and a Blaspemy setup. Maybe MoM if you can give me some tips. Thanks mate!
"
I0wa wrote:
"
jhssf wrote:

- High leech
- High block
- Dodge
- MoM
- High regen
- Curses
- Mechanically evading

Don't forget excessive hp can be used as defense, I found that route provided the most damage mitigation on my molten strike build I'd recommend 9k+ hp.

With my current items and tree, how would you suggest i get 9k life. i think that wont be easy at all. But ill try to get more life :D
Hi there,

some hints:

- link whirling blades with fortify

- block and Acrobatics contradicts each other (there´s a penalty for block on Acrobatics).

- you have decent leech but you might consider warlords mark on hit mod (on Elder ring) to apply it directly and free up a slot

- MoM - you are close to this node so you can consider taking it.
In that case you need to drop auras (or put one aura into Essence worm ring eventually), get clarity.
I think you shouldn´t have problem to recover mana fast enough with WM leech (having it on ring is better; you can get special Watcher´s Eye to help with sustain eventually).
- Finish Eternal lab and get Opportunistic

Btw to run Enfeeble or other curse you need +1 curse thing

To summarize it:

1) Life - easy getting more life on gear
2) Life + MoM (a bit of rebuilding, taking MoM, need mana sustain, clarity, dropping Auras)

a) Block - using Rumi´s + I would take Alchemist to buff your flasks (Rumi´s included) + get an extra block eventually
b) dodge - taking Acro + Phase acro (+ Atziri´s step/spell dodge boots eventually).
"
Rakiii wrote:
Hi there,

some hints:

- link whirling blades with fortify

- block and Acrobatics contradicts each other (there´s a penalty for block on Acrobatics).

- you have decent leech but you might consider warlords mark on hit mod (on Elder ring) to apply it directly and free up a slot

- MoM - you are close to this node so you can consider taking it.
In that case you need to drop auras (or put one aura into Essence worm ring eventually), get clarity.
I think you shouldn´t have problem to recover mana fast enough with WM leech (having it on ring is better; you can get special Watcher´s Eye to help with sustain eventually).
- Finish Eternal lab and get Opportunistic

Btw to run Enfeeble or other curse you need +1 curse thing

To summarize it:

1) Life - easy getting more life on gear
2) Life + MoM (a bit of rebuilding, taking MoM, need mana sustain, clarity, dropping Auras)

a) Block - using Rumi´s + I would take Alchemist to buff your flasks (Rumi´s included) + get an extra block eventually
b) dodge - taking Acro + Phase acro (+ Atziri´s step/spell dodge boots eventually).

warlords mark ring sounds good, too bad a good one is so expensive.... Once i get one ill get to MoM. So what do u think is more effecient for my build? Block (if so, what did u mean with "+ get an extra block eventually" where would i get that? Or should i go for dodge and drop my rumis for a dodge or evasion flask? also thinking about putting 10% damage leech and vaal pact on focus on my ammy, thoughts? Thanks for your input!
10% of Damage Leeched as Life while Focused + You have Vaal Pact while Focused mod on amulet is pretty interesting.

Getting decent dodge / spell dodge seems easier but you need to rebuild your tree a bit.

Relying on block from the Rumi´s flask seems unreliable too.
Getting an extra block is harder but possible (crafting block on body, elder gloves, some unique such as the Anvil or shaper amulet with spell block, unique nightmare jewels, passives such as Deflection,..)

On the other hand you can get Acro + Phase acro.
You can get spell dodge on boots (Atziri´s step, incursion mod) and body too.

If you go for Acro / Phase acro you should get nice passives nearby too.

Piercing shots (pierce on ST); Heart Seeker, Socket, Herbalism

Btw you can drop some nodes you don´t need.
Are you familiar with Path of building?
If yes try to upload you character there and you will see.
You can drop Claws of the Falcon and True strike and still keep crit chance at 94-95 (without even diamond flask) while PC are up (should be all the time anyway).
You can keep Diamond flask to push effective crit chance over the 95 cap or get more defensive flasks such as ToH / Jade etc ...

I would also drop Crackling speed bcos you have mixed spells.
Pathing leading to Hired killer node seems rather low effective (unless you can benefit from socket near the Scion) so maybe drop it all too (except the socket near the Melding).

You can experiment with better pathing in PoB and I am sure you can reach higher potential from this char.
Last edited by Rakiii on Jan 22, 2019, 7:31:33 AM
"
Rakiii wrote:
10% of Damage Leeched as Life while Focused + You have Vaal Pact while Focused mod on amulet is pretty interesting.

Getting decent dodge / spell dodge seems easier but you need to rebuild your tree a bit.

Relying on block from the Rumi´s flask seems unreliable too.
Getting an extra block is harder but possible (crafting block on body, elder gloves, some unique such as the Anvil or shaper amulet with spell block, unique nightmare jewels, passives such as Deflection,..)

On the other hand you can get Acro + Phase acro.
You can get spell dodge on boots (Atziri´s step, incursion mod) and body too.

If you go for Acro / Phase acro you should get nice passives nearby too.

Piercing shots (pierce on ST); Heart Seeker, Socket, Herbalism

Btw you can drop some nodes you don´t need.
Are you familiar with Path of building?
If yes try to upload you character there and you will see.
You can drop Claws of the Falcon and True strike and still keep crit chance at 94-95 (without even diamond flask) while PC are up (should be all the time anyway).
You can keep Diamond flask to push effective crit chance over the 95 cap or get more defensive flasks such as ToH / Jade etc ...

I would also drop Crackling speed bcos you have mixed spells.
Pathing leading to Hired killer node seems rather low effective (unless you can benefit from socket near the Scion) so maybe drop it all too (except the socket near the Melding).

You can experiment with better pathing in PoB and I am sure you can reach higher potential from this char.

Got a warlords mark ring now, so i've specced into MoM. I'm thinking about going dodge. While piercing isnt the best, since ST pierces everything i think.
I can drop the claw nodes, but i still need the true strike for my ST to have 94 crit. Will remove crackling speed. but i really like the attack speed from the harrier, so im not sure about leaving that out yet.
EDIT: updated the tree a bit. dont know what to do next besides going to acro. problem is that i am lvl 82 and dont have too many skill points left because of that
EDIT 2: i could take out the whole path to true strike besides the socket. Then take another +1 power charge for the missing crit and head to acro with the remaining points. but ill lose a bit crit chance, attack speed and health if i do that. so its a dps loss
Last edited by DecentDanny on Jan 22, 2019, 8:10:50 AM
"
DecentDanny wrote:
Got a warlords mark ring now, so i've specced into MoM. I'm thinking about going dodge. While piercing isnt the best, since ST pierces everything i think.
I can drop the claw nodes, but i still need the true strike for my ST to have 94 crit. Will remove crackling speed. but i really like the attack speed from the harrier, so im not sure about leaving that out yet.
EDIT: updated the tree a bit. dont know what to do next besides going to acro. problem is that i am lvl 82 and dont have too many skill points left because of that
EDIT 2: i could take out the whole path to true strike besides the socket. Then take another +1 power charge for the missing crit and head to acro with the remaining points. but ill lose a bit crit chance, attack speed and health if i do that. so its a dps loss

Yeah you´re right Spectral Throw has a 100% chance to pierce enemies (you can save some points then).

You can compensate lost crit chance by taking Heart Seeker and using Diamond flask (98%+)

Missing attack speed from the Harrier you can get from better gloves with attack speed (life, res you need).
Btw you cant use auras with MoM (except clarity; or one with Essence worm eventually).

Alternative passive tree
https://pastebin.com/AXsuKDrV

With higher mana pool and mana regen (preferred one)
https://pastebin.com/wbqzeuT8

small tip for jewel - Intuitive leap - near the Melding
https://pastebin.com/W4nr6fZa

The next step would be getting Phase Acro - socket - Herbalism

At least 1/3 of your life should be as unreserved mana (mana=an extra ehp now)You have plenty of room for upgrades.
You can start with good stygian wise belt (high life, res, global elemental damage, …) + good Abyss jewel etc
Last edited by Rakiii on Jan 22, 2019, 9:06:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info