Poet's pen ARC / Lightning Warp - Survivability

hi Guys

I need your suggestions please.

Below is my Character
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/stiffxiii/characters

Character name: GooiKole

The damage is good and sometimes in sane, what the problem is that i cannot seem to stay alive during boss fights and syndicate bosses.

i know a lot of people struggle with this but i'm really disappointed.

Your suggestions would be welcomed
Thanks in advance

StiffXiii
Last bumped on Jan 22, 2019, 7:51:34 AM
hi there,

why do you play without shield or the second Poet´s Pen?
You´re loosing either offense or defense.

I guess your resistances are capped but your chaos resistance is low (some Syndicate / temple encounters can deal good amount of chaos damage).
You can also upgrade your gear. Jewels, Belt and boots are missing life roll and/or you can take more life passives.

Dropping wrath / HoI and going for MoM build is also an option eventually (you need 1/3 of your life as unreserved mana in this case).

Taking whispers of Doom and using enfeeble curse is also an option.

Btw make your flasks 20% quality (except distillate - it´s just mf flask) and I would prefer basalt flask over granite to mitigate physical damage.

Upgrade you pantheon.
Besides that it´s more about practice and dodging things.
Last edited by Rakiii on Jan 21, 2019, 11:01:59 AM
thank you Rakiii

Appreciated

I have a 2nd poet's pen i'm using to level another character. In fact, i have 3 as i'm switching between ball lighting and lightning warp.

i will look into the boots and the rest of the gear including the flasks.

mind if i add you ingame as friend ?

Stiff
Sure, you´re welcome
I ran that build during incursion and it does work great. These are not the cheapest upgrades but they will help a lot with your tank. The two cheap items to help would be berek's grip for life leech(bosses should always be shocked when using ball lightning) and mind of the council. You would of course go mind over matter with mind of the council. With the arc/ball lightning combo you will be critting alot per second thus regenerating much of your mana per second. Choir of the storm is another good item that works well with this build and it appears to be much cheaper than it was when I ran it in incursion. A stretch item would be Atziri's Acuity which appears to be a lot more expensive this league (12ex vs 4ex when I got it). with those items(I did have Atziri's Acuity) I was able to face tank tier 15 bosses.

Using storm call in your chest is an interesting option that I hadn't thought about. When I ran it I was using frenzy/faster attacks/life gain on hit/culling strike/great multiple projectiles in a 5 link inpulsa. I have no idea which would work better.

Ha, i just got to the end of writing this and looked back at the profile again and realized that you are a Templar and not an elementalist so the shock items probably won't help you doh!
Thanks for the reply starfreeek

So what you are saying is that i'm basically screwed? LOL :)

i did make some changes last night with flasks, ring and another belt/boots i think. Managed to lift life by about 300 but to no avail. still fails miserably

Stiff
"
starfreeek wrote:
I ran that build during incursion and it does work great. These are not the cheapest upgrades but they will help a lot with your tank. The two cheap items to help would be berek's grip for life leech(bosses should always be shocked when using ball lightning) and mind of the council. You would of course go mind over matter with mind of the council. With the arc/ball lightning combo you will be critting alot per second thus regenerating much of your mana per second. Choir of the storm is another good item that works well with this build and it appears to be much cheaper than it was when I ran it in incursion. A stretch item would be Atziri's Acuity which appears to be a lot more expensive this league (12ex vs 4ex when I got it). with those items(I did have Atziri's Acuity) I was able to face tank tier 15 bosses.

Using storm call in your chest is an interesting option that I hadn't thought about. When I ran it I was using frenzy/faster attacks/life gain on hit/culling strike/great multiple projectiles in a 5 link inpulsa. I have no idea which would work better.

Ha, i just got to the end of writing this and looked back at the profile again and realized that you are a Templar and not an elementalist so the shock items probably won't help you doh!

I run that build actually ( https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123293 ) and its IMPOSSIBLE to facetank anything. Boss up to tier 13 are impossible to tank and the syndicate always oneshot me. You can look at my profile (character Smegmastormblade). I know my gems are not all leveled but still, i have a good life/mana pool and also attack speed. If you have a good suggestion , im ready :D
Last edited by GaethElorian on Jan 22, 2019, 7:46:07 AM
"
stiffxiii wrote:
Thanks for the reply starfreeek

So what you are saying is that i'm basically screwed? LOL :)

i did make some changes last night with flasks, ring and another belt/boots i think. Managed to lift life by about 300 but to no avail. still fails miserably
Stiff

Did you drop Elder ring with warlords mark on hit?
You have no life sustain now (beside a bit leech from Atziri´s step)
You need to deal with ailments (on flasks or gear)
You have no anti bleed / freeze (shock / curse eventually) mods on flasks

Good flask setup should be like this

The last one should be Diamond flask (for crit build)
Atziri´s step is fine to mitigate chaos, get a bit of leech and damage too eventually.
Btw you need to keep your flasks active while fighting (on bossing)
I see you need to practice a lot.
Last edited by Rakiii on Jan 22, 2019, 9:24:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info