[3.5] Noodle's AHH SPIDERS Dual Curse Necromancer - Arakaali's Fang - 3M+ Shaper DPS

Update Feb 1st: Added Build Guide Video

Noodle back at it again with a creepy new build! Downed Uber Elder with relative ease, videos to come. Spider's will literally eat all of your enemies alive before you and all you gotta do is run in circles until they're done. It's great!

Summary
Spiders are a unique minion summon you can only get from the Arakaali's Fang Dagger.

This dagger has been around a bit, but it got a huge buff this league as the spiders are no longer level "1" and scale up to level 75 based on the level of the corpse from which they arise. You can begin using the Dagger at level 53.
Unlike Soulwrest, the spiders have to be summoned by killing something and being raised from a corpse (not necessarily the same corpse). To get our spider summons, we have to use Desecrate + the Writhing Jar. As Woolfio says, "You do the kill, you raise the spider."

NOTE: We use Devouring Diadem as a panic defense, so when you're laying down your desecrated corpses, make sure that Feast of Flesh procs BEFORE you kill your worms! Feast of Flesh is a dark red mist effect (can't see in Auras) so just wait a couple seconds, have Feast of Flesh proc, then lay down more corpses and kill your worms.

My version of the build utilizes dual curses (Temporal Chains, Despair) while also enjoying all the benefits of being a Necromancer. We use Aspect of the Spider for the extra slow + damage and the lulz.

Basic Playstyle: Summon your spiders. Shoot ball lightning at all enemies around to curse. Hit phase run and avoid getting hit. Use convocation and vaal haste as necessary.

Mechanic Breakdown: Spiders get benefits of Hatred (generosity) and our Haste. Spiders are made very fast with lots of phys damage scaling. We use Ball Lightning to curse enemies around our spiders, as well as applying Webs with Aspect of the Spider. Debuffed enemies are also hit with lightning, with our Elemental Equilibrium giving them -25% cold resistance (Spiders have Hatred/cold damage). Victario's Charity means our Ball Lightning Hits give spiders Frenzy charges.

Map Mods to Avoid:
Elemental Reflect, Hexproof, No Regen

Pros and Cons
Display Text
Pros:
+ Super easy mechanics
+ Stupid DPS
+ Watching spiders devour enemies with their tiny little skittery legs is very satisfy
+ Live out your goth fantasy

Cons:
- Spider summons can go poorly and leave you with not enough spiders, wasting a Portal or leaving you hanging
- Sometimes spiders run away with you instead of aggroing
- Cost of dagger itself is relatively high investment to start
- Can't use other minions because they'll steal your kills for spider summon

Video
Build Guide Video
Shaper Kill
Uber Elder Kill

Path of Building
https://pastebin.com/9GqreDdw

Leveling Trees
I used Arc for leveling, hence the elemental overload. There's not a great skill to use for leveling, although SRS might work.

Ascendancy
Display Text

1. Puppet Mistress: gives us increased minion duration, movement, attack speed, damage. All around BAE.
2. Commander of Darkness: Since we will be using Haste and Hatred, we get the sweet damage/defense bonus of Commander of Darkness. Until then you can use Clarity to still get this awesome bonus. +20 all ele resist is awesome.
3. Mistress of Sacrifice: In my version we don't use offerings as much (just in CWDT) but we do use Devouring Diadem to consume corpses every 5 seconds, giving us 40% inc damage and inc attack/cast speed. Also skill effect duration is great.
4. Invoker: Honestly unnecessary but the damage boost and convocation cooldown is cool, I guess.

Bandits
Kill All

Pantheon
Spoiler
I use Major: Soul of the Brine King (chill and stun) and Minor: Soul of Ryslatha (more chances for worm flask refill)

Jewels
Ghastly Eye Jewels are the only Jewels you will need, besides potentially Careful Planning to get some dexterity conversion if you can't get enough on gear.
Here are the most important mods on jewels (in rough order):
1. Flat Life (for us, not minions; minion life doesn't affect)
2. Flat minion phys damage
3. Attack speed for minions
4. % damage increase using minion skill
5. Flat minion chaos damage
6. % chance to blind on hit w/ minion attacks
7. Minion movement speed

NOTE: Spiders cannot taunt, so that does nothing. Hinder is being applied with our Aspect of the Spider. Spiders also do not have life, so anything relating to minion life is completely useless. They are based on duration and cannot take damage. Convocation counts as using a minion skill so remember to use that more often if you've got % damage w/ minion skill jewels.

My current jewels:

Gear
I have also considered using the Queen's Hunger for the free offerings (since I ran out of keybindings). I crafted my gloves, but you could put Aspect of the Spider craft anywhere you have a free suffix.

My Current Gear
Display Text

Gem Link
Display Text

Arakaali's Fang Dagger
Minion Damage - Melee Physical Damage - Melee Splash (clear) / Multistrike (boss)

Devouring Diadem
Generosity - Hatred
Haste - Enlighten
NOTE: Do NOT link Haste to the Generosity Support!! Very important to keep these separated.

Body Armour
Ball Lightning - Curse on Hit - Temporal Chains - Despair

Cast when Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Desecrate - Spirit Offering

Desecrate - Spell Cascade

Phase Run - Increased Duration - Enhance (lvl 3)

Convocation

Decoy Totem

Flame Dash - Faster Casting
Last edited by KittenCatNoodle on Feb 1, 2019, 6:35:50 PM
Last bumped on Feb 12, 2019, 2:16:29 AM
cool build....waiting for the uber elder kill video
Could this work with another lightning skill? Like spark or arc?
"
Rabbitmeister wrote:

Currently in the process of doing a build similar to this. Thought about using ball lightning as well as storm brand or static strike. Wither support is also an option if you don't use it on a totem or in the spider links.
"
Rabbitmeister wrote:

You could! I chose ball lightning because of the range. You don't really want to be getting too close to packs. I had considered storm brand because it also has good range, but really any lightning skill that hits and has decent range is viable!
does a lvl20 desecrate making high lvl spoders increase the damages a lot?
Loreweave BIS? Could you use kaoms or a hybrid vaal regalia?

What do you think of command of the pit gloves?
"
jayceenoodle wrote:
does a lvl20 desecrate making high lvl spoders increase the damages a lot?

Having higher level desecrate does increase the levels of the spiders, since they are based on the level of the corpse. I don't know the exact #s, and the spiders can only go up to level 75.
"
Karp_490 wrote:

I think Loreweave is a solid defensive choice. If I was going CI, I'd probably go occultist and use Queen's Hunger or a Vaal Regalia. With Kaom's you're losing a lot of sockets which would be tough.

Command of the Pit is nice, but mostly for the extra abyssal socket rather than the potential minion accuracy. With the # of spiders and our scaling of attack speed, accuracy doesn't seem to impact the spider's damage or effectiveness (tha I've been able to notice). I prefer minion damage gloves (crafted with Bound Fossils).
"
"
Karp_490 wrote:

I think Loreweave is a solid defensive choice. If I was going CI, I'd probably go occultist and use Queen's Hunger or a Vaal Regalia. With Kaom's you're losing a lot of sockets which would be tough.

Command of the Pit is nice, but mostly for the extra abyssal socket rather than the potential minion accuracy. With the # of spiders and our scaling of attack speed, accuracy doesn't seem to impact the spider's damage or effectiveness (tha I've been able to notice). I prefer minion damage gloves (crafted with Bound Fossils).

Fair enough, i have settled on loreweave myself, and im trying out command of the pit gloves also, since im spending a fair bit on jewels.

Just a heads up, PoB calculates the spiders damage incorrectly, its assuming they are level 84 spiders based on character level, when in reality they have a cap at 75. You can easily replicate this by dropping your character level down to 75 for minion dps. Its like a 35% decrease

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info