Ainsling lvl 3, Research safehouse BUG

Hello,

I am reporting a bug with Ainsling "double unveil" when placed in level three (3) research safehouse position.

Video with detailed information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqz4PeCC_Jw

Description:
When level to lvl3 in research position, Ainsling provides the opportunity to have a "chance" at receiving two random mods to unveil on a rare item you chose. I would like to report a bug with this. I am trying to double unveil an axe, and I have successfully received the "double unveil" option four times today. The problem is, the unveil mods are always the same. Three options are provided for my prefix unveil mod, which are always the same (all three) and afterwards, three mods are provided for my suffix unveil mod, which again, the same as the options from my previous attempts.

I have attempted this four times time, but strongly believe that there is a bug with mod options that are being generated because all of them are the same, each time.

Specifications:
-I am running harbour bridge (Act 7)
-I am leveling ainsling to lvl 3
-I am placing her as the safehouse leader (general)
-I am entering the research safehouse
-On some lucky attemps (not often), I hit the double unveil
-When I unveil, the prefix selection is always the same and the suffix selection is always the same... four times in a row.

Please provide any information you have on this. I am trying to finish a mirror-tier item and do not want to spend 2 hours setting up my safehouse if the bug persists.

Thank you very much!
Last edited by oudinm on Jan 20, 2019, 12:36:06 PM
Last bumped on Feb 6, 2019, 12:50:26 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
oudinm wrote:
Hello,

I am reporting a bug with Ainsling "double unveil" when placed in level three (3) research safehouse position.

Description:
When level to lvl3 in research position, Ainsling provides the opportunity to have a "chance" at receiving two random mods to unveil on a rare item you chose. I would like to report a bug with this. I am trying to double unveil an axe, and I have successfully received the "double unveil" option four times today. The problem is, the unveil mods are always the same. Three options are provided for my prefix unveil mod, which are always the same (all three) and afterwards, three mods are provided for my suffix unveil mod, which again, the same as the options from my previous attempts.

I have attempted this four times time, but strongly believe that there is a bug with mod options that are being generated because all of them are the same, each time.

Specifications:
-I am running harbour bridge (Act 7)
-I am leveling ainsling to lvl 3
-I am placing her as the safehouse leader (general)
-I am entering the research safehouse
-On some lucky attemps (not often), I hit the double unveil
-When I unveil, the prefix selection is always the same and the suffix selection is always the same... four times in a row.

Please provide any information you have on this. I am trying to finish a mirror-tier item and do not want to spend 2 hours setting up my safehouse if the bug persists.

Thank you very much!

I dont know if any staff members have seen this post. But to add to this bug, the unveil options that Aisling provides are not even the appropriate tiers that are unlocked on my Bench.

For example, on the item i am crafting she always gives the options as suffix:
-7% double damage while focused
-5% double damage
-Accuracy / quality hybrid

However, on my bench, I have unlocked the following:
-18% chance to deal double damage while focussed
-7% chance to deal double damage.

If i encounter veiled items without going through Aisling (i.e., simply unveil an item dropped by syndicate member), the unveil I get is the correct tier as reflected by my current bench crafts (i.e., highest tier possible).

Please inform if this is being investigated. It is very frustrating.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqz4PeCC_Jw

Adding this video to help staff understand the problem.
"

Hi there, thanks a lot for the detailed report. I have discussed with the team and they have said this behavior is indeed intentional. This is due to technical limitations of the way we prevent the veiled mods being rerolled every time you look at them. Sorry for any frustration this may have caused.
"
AndrewE_GGG wrote:
"

Hi there, thanks a lot for the detailed report. I have discussed with the team and they have said this behavior is indeed intentional. This is due to technical limitations of the way we prevent the veiled mods being rerolled every time you look at them. Sorry for any frustration this may have caused.

Thanks for the reply. I have to say that I am very confused. For one, this is really counter-intuitive to what I would expect from crafting mechanics. I have discussed with Zizaran, he was under the impression that the stats were new everytime as well.

On a second note, the stats that are provided are worse than what is available from veil modifiers unlocked in the bench crafting, which leads me to my second point, why would anyone use Aisling at all?

If: 1) the modifiers are fixed and do not allow diversity, even if significant effort is put towards finding a valuable combination, and 2) the rolls modifiers provided are worse than what is available on my "instant-click bench".

Please reconsider the mechanic with this NPC as they currently serve no function.

Thanks for the reply, hope I don't come off as too frustrated.
"
1) the modifiers are fixed and do not allow diversity, even if significant effort is put towards finding a valuable combination

You'll have to use a new item each time if you are looking for a certain combination.

"
On a second note, the stats that are provided are worse than what is available from veil modifiers unlocked in the bench crafting, which leads me to my second point, why would anyone use Aisling at all?

As I understand it your unlocked crafting mods have no influence on what mods can be unveiled, this is influenced by the item level of the item. Low tier veiled mods will always be able to appear when unveiling - high tier ones will only be able to appear if the item has a high enough item level.
"
AndrewE_GGG wrote:
"
1) the modifiers are fixed and do not allow diversity, even if significant effort is put towards finding a valuable combination

You'll have to use a new item each time if you are looking for a certain combination.

"

As I understand it your unlocked crafting mods have no influence on what mods can be unveiled, this is influenced by the item level of the item. Low tier veiled mods will always be able to appear when unveiling - high tier ones will only be able to appear if the item has a high enough item level.

1. Alright, if this is the way it is intended to work, I can assure you that this not viable for anyone looking to craft a high-tier item. Maybe marginally useful for starting players that luckily (1/5 chance, looking at my data) that pickup an item on the floor and want to improve it until they find their next upgrad.

2. Incorrect, respectfully. When I run Harbour Bridge (zone lvl 73, so item level 73-75) and run into veiled items from syndicate encounters, the unveil options are always those of the highest tier for a given mod. The reason for this is, I have unlocked those high veiled tiers. Aisling, for some busted reason, offers the worst tiers for a given mod (see video for evidence).

Conversely, the item tier I am (was) trying to have Aisling upgrade with veiled mods, is item lvl 83, and does not offer tiers even as high as those unveiled on ilvl 73-75 items in Harbour Bridge.

In any case, thanks for the help. I don't know if this is a priority or not given the league is starting to slow down, but I think this would have made for a real "chase"-type crafting system for high-end item crafters. I know the initial Aisling crafting, where Bench mods could replace the two that were unveiled by Aisling was too strong, but having them fixed to the item ID, and be worse than what is craftable is a real bummer.
I've been playing around with this a bit and I noticed that if you had a mod rolled on the item when you went to unveil it, veiled mods that would take the same place as that mod wouldn't be able to spawn and thus you won't unveil them. However when you try to reveil that item again but this time without blocking that mod, it can appear by replacing one of the mods that appeared the first time you veiled it.

For example I went to veil a pair of boots with life as prefix and full suffixes so it would add a prefix veiled mod. The mods I first unveiled were movespeed + movespeed if not hit recently, chance to dodge attacks while focussed and %energy shield + flat life. However when I went back to veil it again, this time without life as a prefix, the %energy shield + flat life mod (which I wanted to keep) was replaced by hybrid life + mana.

So it's really interesting to veil random bases searching for ones that spawn good mods but they can still be replaced like that so you gotta be super careful about it. Also I'm a little salty because those boots had the highest rank +int and +%quality suffix as a veiled mod on them but they won't have the hybrid %es/flat life mod if I were to double veil them without a life roll on it so there's no point trying to craft it anymore :(.
Last edited by PoEDan79 on Jan 20, 2019, 6:12:44 PM
So a bug is intended behavior? That limitation is pretty sad. Hopefully the bugged behavior can be fixed in the backend as my first guess is it is linked to the itemid in some way. And as Aisling doesn't even guarantee 2 mods at R3, with the mods also being static the limitation is freaking massive and really sad.
If the backend can't be fixed maybe allow people to put the item into Jun to see what it would unveil if you managed to Aisling it? While a crappy consolation prize it would at least tell people if it is even worth attempting to Aisling the item
Funnily enough, I actually tried to use this Aisling effect to get some EXP on a veiled mod on a item that had dropped veiled, and the modifiers were completely different when I put it on Aisling's bench. I guess Aisling's veiled mods are different than the veiled mods of a item that drops veiled. Wanted to level up my ITF non-chaos as chaos mod, but it wasn't even an option.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info