Incursions Need a Slight Rework

After a multitude of characters, tons of spending in the cash shop, I really like this game... HOWEVER... I am come so close to quitting recently due to frustration and not understanding the timer on Incursions.

I do understand now that for the average player, Incursions are one of the tougher things in the game by far. It takes "certain" class builds to even have a chance, which is a shame. You need tremendous clear speed and movement speed, and even then you FAIL. Yep, a design that which even if you do well, you can FAIL. Nice...

I simply do not understand how someone programmed, tested, and interpreted that the time back awarded from killing mobs was enough. IT IS NOT!!! NOT ENOUGH TIME! Nothing else in the game, ANYWHERE, has shit time back like this. Simply broken and obviously an issue for some...

Possible Adjustments:
Slight bit more time on mob kills would allow some of us newbies to have a chance or...

Put back 10 seconds on the timer if you loot a key.

In the meanwhile, I literally have to skip Alva or I will break something else in my room, not joking.

The rest of the game rocks... but GOD DAMN this is hard for me to get over. FIX THE TIME

Last edited by AgentPyye on Jan 18, 2019, 7:55:03 PM
Last bumped on Jan 19, 2019, 11:38:35 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Why not your characters need slight rework?
To expand.. why instead of improving your characters to be able to do that content you think that content should be made easier to facilitate your character's strength? What makes you think only "certain" class build can even have a chance? Elementalist is meta now, what makes yours worse?
How about you elitists fuck off...

Literally uninstalling, go circle jerk each other.
Good answer
Last played character, Iciist, lvl 85 Occultist. 2.8k life, 2.8k es, no MoM.

lvl 85 btw.

LVL 85 BTW.

He has plenty of movement speed, but he clearly needs to avoid getting hit by any mobs. Yeah, Incursions must suck for you.

Not a game problem though.
Incursions are content for fast clearing chars with a lot of burst damage. They are intentionally designed that way. Sucks for the tankier or more dot-based builds, but not all content is suitable for all build types.

The temple itself does not have a timer and has the level of the average level of incursions plus 10, so you can just run a few high level incursions and then grind low level zones for the architects/doors. The temple itself does not have a timer, so you can clear it with most builds.

Edit: So, I realized that you probably already know all the stuff I just said.

Yeas, well, you are right that high level incursion are a bit too much. From my experience you need at least half a million, if not more, dps to clear architects effectively and enough aoe to instantly clear a pack. That is achievable, but is it really something we should be balancing content around? Especially since you cannot run incursions with an alternative char specializing in clearspeed and burst damage.

I have suggested previously that the temple should be shared across all chars so it could be run with any of them. Also, the incursion timer could temporarily pause if you have hit an architech recently. Do you think these would help?
Last edited by Cipp on Jan 19, 2019, 5:43:16 AM
Double post.
Last edited by Cipp on Jan 19, 2019, 4:33:43 AM
Well, GGG is forcing speed meta with a lot of league mechanics since Breach league. The playerbase got addicted to it, so do not expect too much sympathy from these meta slaves. If your build cant obliterate everything on the screen within 0.5 sec like a CLS command then you lose. The only thing you can do is go with meta builds or watch the endgame on youtube videos. Strangely GGG does not feel the need to improve skills that cant deal with these insane speed requirements. Go play arc trap for 5 league straight, until your brain melts, because of boredom.
"
Cipp wrote:
Incursions are content for fast clearing chars with a lot of burst damage. They are intentionally designed that way. Sucks for the tankier or more dot-based builds, but not all content is suitable for all build types.

The temple itself does not have a timer and has the level of the average level of incursions plus 10, so you can just run a few high level incursions and then grind low level zones for the architects/doors. The temple itself does not have a timer, so you can clear it with most builds.

Edit: So, I realized that you probably already know all the stuff I just said.

Yeas, well, you are right that high level incursion are a bit too much. From my experience you need at least half a million, if not more, dps to clear architects effectively and enough aoe to instantly clear a pack. That is achievable, but is it really something we should be balancing content around? Especially since you cannot run incursions with an alternative char specializing in clearspeed and burst damage.

I have suggested previously that the temple should be shared across all chars so it could be run with any of them. Also, the incursion timer could temporarily pause if you have hit an architech recently. Do you think these would help?

in the leveling phase dot builds can have some problems with incursions,but so do other builds.
a good build with atleast medicore gear shouldnt have to many problems with incursions in white/yellow tier incursions unless you stack some "bad" mods i.e. enfeeble + more life

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info