Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

PROBLEM: "ORB OF CHANCE" NOT WORKING CORRECTLY

Hi, i did as much research as i could about this before i posted, hoping to find an answer myself & i kinda did, but it wasnt what i was looking for so here it is. Ive been using the "Orb of Chance" on items & having a problem half of the time. When i use it sometimes it doesnt turn the item into a Rare one, instead it turns it into a regular magic item instead of a Random Rarity as you can see in the image ive provided. Oh and yes it was a normal item to begin with, a gray title bar not a blue one. So am i doing something wrong or is it glitched or......

Last bumped on Jan 19, 2019, 6:03:37 AM
It's not guaranteed to turn the item into a rare item. That's what Orb of Alchemy does.

Rarity = Magic, Rare, or Unique. It's working as intended.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
It's not guaranteed to turn the item into a rare item. That's what Orb of Alchemy does.

Rarity = Magic, Rare, or Unique. It's working as intended.

Ok then my bad, then they need to change WIKI & the mouse over descriptions in game because their both wrong according to what your saying. According to those 2 sources "Orb of Chance" Upgrades A Normal Item To A RANDOM Rarity & "Orb of Alchemy" Upgrades A Normal Item To A RARE Item, i cant find anywhere that it says it "might" or that its "not guaranteed" Plus i was going by the WIKI name color scheme they show which as im sure you know is Gray normal, Blue Magic & Gold Rare.

Oh hey speaking of rare, im trying to do the vendor recipe that states: "1× Orb of Alchemy from 1 x normal, 1 x magic, 1 x rare (all 20% quality) of the same base type. The problem im having is finding a rare item that says what quality it is. Ive checked like 25 or 30 different rares (Gold Names) & i havent found one yet that says what quality it is. Am i doing something wrong err wha?

Also ty vm for the response :)
As Sarno pointet out, magic (blue) is a rarity aswell as rare (yellow) is a rarity aswell as unique (orange) is a rarity. Orb of Chance will turn a normal (white) item into one of those three rarities.
The only thing that is misleading is the word "random", because the outcome isn't really determined at random. The chance of getting a blue item is a lot higher than getting a yellow item. The chance of getting a unique from an orb of chance is very very low.

An Orb of Alchemy will turn a white item into a yellow item, period. No randomness or maybes involved.

If an items has the prefix "superior" to it's name it has quality (anything between 1% and 20%). All you need to know about quality is to be found here: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Quality

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info