why are juggernauts supposed to be the best tanks?

So AFAIK the general wisdom in current poe says that juggernauts make the most tanky chars out there. I'm playing one this league and it's a melee char so it is fairly tanky but it seems to do a lot worse than the slayer leech build I played last season or some max block builds I played earlier.

My current build is nowhere near finished, doing uber lab for unbreakable will help quite a bit, but overall I don't understand where any supertankyness is supposed to come from. It's melee so you will get hit often and hard. With enough armor and lots of endurance charges you get ignore most physical damage but for elemental you take the full load. Then you need to manually chug a flask and it takes a few seconds until you are back to full life.

Compare the leech build I only get around 60% phys damage reduction instead of 80-90%, ele damage is the same but when hit the 65% regen from leech got me back to full life in less than a second. The max block builds just block 3 hits out of 4 and even get back to full life a little faster from life gain on block. 2 or 3 extra endurance charges for the juggernaut help against physical but I don't see how that compensates block or leech which helps against anything.
Last bumped on Jan 18, 2019, 4:20:35 PM
Juggernaut + a few https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Nebuloch and you are close to immortal. I tried it in Delve league for deep solo delving.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Last edited by CrazylikE on Jan 18, 2019, 2:15:06 PM
Endurance charges = good. Always full ECs, additional benefits for ECs = very good. Very good + very good items for ECs (e.g. Kaom's way, Nebuloch) = opop. As long as it's "just" ECs, indeed other classes can very well be tankier, but with the right gear Jugg can get unbelievably tanky. (Also you want Unrelenting for maximum tankyness).

That being said: Pathfinder, Slayer, Occultist, Gladiator and Guardian (And their respective Ascendant combos) also have access to some very strong defensive mechanics.

But Jugg and defensive Pathfinder certainly offer the most mitigation.
dedadadadedoodoodoo is all i want to say to you
Last edited by tweedledee111 on Jan 18, 2019, 2:40:11 PM
How do you deal with the fire damage on hit?
Dual wield, 7 charges, so 2800 raw fire damage per second. 75% Fire res gives 700. 14% reduction from Nebuloch+8% from ascendancy leaves around 550, that eats about all you life regen. Still worthwhile? Or do you only take 1400 raw damage even with dual wield?
"
quarague wrote:
Dual wield, 7 charges, so 2800 raw fire damage per second. 75% Fire res gives 700. 14% reduction from Nebuloch+8% from ascendancy leaves around 550, that eats about all you life regen. Still worthwhile? Or do you only take 1400 raw damage even with dual wield?

You build maximum fireresistance and regen, very similar to RF. With lvl 21 Purity of fire + Barbarism node or simply a Loreweave and two Kaom's ways and 9 ECs you don't feel any degen at all.

I think my own nebu-Jugg still exists... sec:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/tweedledee111/characters

Char: "KrawummTiefbauGmbH", my NebuJugg from delve. I went with a purity setup.

Nebuloch is geardependant and a tad expensive, that needs to be said.
dedadadadedoodoodoo is all i want to say to you
Last edited by tweedledee111 on Jan 18, 2019, 2:49:48 PM
"
quarague wrote:

Two Kaom's Ways (Kaom's Sign are good to start with), endurance charge corruption on boots (not needed but nice), life regen per endu charge node on passive tree helps. As has been previously said, Loreweave with 80% res is very nice + if you go molten strike (which I recommend), you will probably have a decent amount of life gain on hit too, get the life gain on hit watcher's eye for example.

I didnt notice the degen at all when I played it, it was a non-issue.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/CrazylikE/characters?characterName=CrazylikeIsDelving

This is my char from Delve league. The missing flask is a Dying Sun. I dont know if its the best setup, but worked fine for me. If you think its too expensive, this is end-end-endgame, you can get by fine until you get the money for upgrades.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Last edited by CrazylikE on Jan 18, 2019, 4:24:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info