Vaal Temple Bossfight Nonsense

So I decided to do the Vaal Temple map for atlas completion. Facerolled through the map as if it was a lvl1 zone. Then I get to the bossfight and it instantly oneshots my 7k hp + fortify + 6 endurance character.

I try to read up on what little information there is out there, and nope, there are no weird mechanics to watch out for. So I try it again, and get instantly oneshot again. Burned all my portals, then ragequit.

How the hell am I supposed to kill them?

More importantly, why the hell is this game so full of completely trivial content, with a few sprinkles of instant oneshot nonsense? (With no visual warning whatsoever, mind you).

/rant
Last edited by obuw on Jan 18, 2019, 1:12:30 PM
Last bumped on Jan 20, 2019, 4:49:26 AM
Hi there,

first of all it´s a tier 16 map and the bosses are also affected by map mods (means one of the hardest content in the game).
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_Temple_Map_(Atlas_of_Worlds)

The fight is very similar to the TRIO fight in The Apex of Sacrifice or Alluring Abyss (you can learn the mechanics in the Apex of Sac. but the fight is a lot easier).
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Apex_of_Sacrifice
Last edited by Rakiii on Jan 19, 2019, 9:48:13 AM
Like Rakiii said, its not a boss fight that you just faceroll. You cant expect to stand in one spot and nuke them down, unless your build is insanely strong.

I suggest to move around a lot, avoid their attacks and focus down the lady first as her physical rain of hell is not something you want to be hit by.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"
obuw wrote:
More importantly, why the hell is this game so full of completely trivial content, with a few sprinkles of instant oneshot nonsense? (With no visual warning whatsoever, mind you).

/rant

Valid points above, but this is a constant annoyance with this game. Can sleepwalk through pretty high-level content, everything just explodes and dies, and then suddenly you get completely and utterly obliterated. The spikes are just surreal, and unlike anything I've seen in other games. The balance feels way off.

I'm more used to it now, so am more careful overall, but as a new player this was completely bonkers.

It's like you're learning how to drive, and drive through cones 10 meters apart or something. Then the tutor suddenly orders you to drive at 200 miles an hour through an S-curve without skidding or killing yourself.

(We all love car analogies, right? :D)
You faceroll the whole map because everything dies instantly, white mobs do hit hard, they just never get to. Streamers and hardcore players have trivialized this game to the point where regular difficulty for them is a oneshot for you.

Don't ask yourself why a single Syndicate member is more dangerous than 10 Rogue Exiles. Gotta challenge those streamers to keep them interested, otherwise the hype train doesn't leave the station, and that train is the gravy train.
Practice with Atziri fragments (much cheaper) while only using a 4L, 50-60% all Resists, no flasks and 3-4000 life. Just go in half-naked.

The fight is all about manually avoiding crazy damage from 3 dudes at once and killing them in the right order.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Jan 20, 2019, 2:58:51 AM
Bet you he stood in the rain of bones now he blames the game

''NONSENSE!''
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info