[3.5] [WIP] Voidforge Tectonic Slam Juggernaut | 4M+ Shaper DPS

1. Introduction

Summary:
This build combines the offensive Strength of Voidforge along with Abyssus with the effortless tankiness of the Juggernaut ascendancy.

Pros:
One-shotting packs off-screen
Boss melting
Tanky

Cons:
Expensive gear

Stats (lvl 92, ~10 exalts):
6K life
80% elemental resistances
13.6K armour
7 Endurance Charges
~8M Shaper dps (fully buffed: flasks, totems, banner)
~2M mapping dps (low-maintainance: no flasks, no totems, no banner)

Inspiration:
I'm not a meta slave, so I usually don't bother myself with any build used by more than 1% of the players. However, the other day I just happened to have a 6L Loreweave and a 6L Voidforge in my stash that nobody wanted to buy, then one thing lead to another...

2. Path of Building and Passive Tree

Copypasta for PoB:
https://pastebin.com/cWnHTPU8

Lazy people link:
Passive Tree

Bandits:
Help Alira

Pantheon:
Soul of Arakaali with Immortal Call and Blood Rage boost life leech nicely. Soul of Gruthkul is a nice boost to the physical damage mitigation.

3. Breakdown

Ascendancy: The starting point for this build was that I wanted to use Voidforge in conjunction with Abyssus. Abyssus has the downside of making you take 40% increased Physical Damage. Seeing as Juggernauts laugh in the face of Physical Damage, it makes a lot of sense to roll Juggernaut. The Endurance Charges that are effortlessly generated, reduce Physical Damage taken, and can extend Immortal Call's duraion far beyond it's cooldown.

Main Skill:
Though there are many skills that go well with Voidforge, we might as well use our endless supply of Endurance Charges for Tectonic Slams.

Weapon:
Voidforge has a unique way of scaling damage, that allows for ridiculous amounts of dps. Voidforge multiplies any added flat physical damage by 300% plus the percentage of physical damage that's converted to elemental damage. In the case of Tectonic Slam, that would be 350%.

Helmet:
For Voidforge builds, Abyssus provides far more damage than any other helmet due to the added physical damage mod.

Body Armour:
As is the case with Abyssus, Loreweave provides more damage than any other chest, mostly because it provides added physical damage. All the other mods are useful for the build too, which is a great plus.

Flasks:
Lion's Roar is great for this build. The Wise Oak is also very strong, granted that you can balance all resistances. I would recommend using a Diamond Flask, a Silver Flask, and a Life Flask for the remaining slots. Note that Atziri's Promise does not do anything for this build, because Voidforge nullifies your chaos damage.

Boots:
Both Death's Door and Kaom's Roots are great for this build, but they can be replaced with any strong pair of rare boots.

Amulet:
Yoke of Suffering provides a great chunk of damage, because you can apply all elemental ailments. It can be replaced with a rare amulet with added physical damage, life, and critical strike mods.

Gloves:
As usual with melee builds, Tombfist is the way to go. Make sure to socket a Murderous Eye jewel for intimidate on hit.

Rings:
Rare rings with life and elemental resistance coverage. Damage wise the strongest mod to have is added physical damage.

Belt:
Stygian Vise with life and elemental resistanve

4. Skill Setups

5. Play Style

Mapping: use Increased Area of Effect Support, Concentrated Effect Support is hardly ever necessary. One-shot packs with Tectonic Slam, make your way to the next pack, rinse and repeat. Pop Lion's Roar preemptively if there are rippy mobs, it will shove everything right off your screen. Elemental-reflect maps are to be avoided at all costs, no-leech maps are annoying and require a mana flask, Blood Rage can be a bit awkward in no-regen maps.

Bossing: Swap Increased Area of Effect Support for Concentrated Effect Support. Also swap out Multistrike Support for Ruthless Support for the dodge intensive encounters. For burst damage drop the totems, drop the banner, pop Blood Rage, and pop the flasks.

6. Leveling [WIP]

7. Viability [WIP]

8. My Gear

9. Budgeting [WIP]

10. Min-maxing [WIP]

11. FAQ's [WIP]

Last edited by davydavidsson on Mar 10, 2019, 4:49:16 PM
Last bumped on Mar 10, 2019, 4:39:28 PM
Looks pretty cool, doing this or a nebuloch build
Hey man i like ur build idea have you done endgame with this build?
"
Hey man i like ur build idea have you done endgame with this build?

I've done Shaper and Red Elder, haven't tried for Uber Elder yet, but I'm not really playing this character that actively anymore.
Its a fine build...highly doubt the damage will line up to 6mill, in "real life"...but i guess it's meant to show the absolute max with your current gear.
Still it seems solid, and it would work in tankier scenarios..might even work as a slayer, scion or as an INSANE dps champion..champion would be able to reach numbers that are way higher...but less tanky in the end..
Im rambling..

Nice guide, ill start out something like this in the new league :)
"

Its a fine build...highly doubt the damage will line up to 6mill, in "real life"...but i guess it's meant to show the absolute max with your current gear.
Still it seems solid, and it would work in tankier scenarios..might even work as a slayer, scion or as an INSANE dps champion..champion would be able to reach numbers that are way higher...but less tanky in the end..
Im rambling..

Nice guide, ill start out something like this in the new league :)

Yes, as disclaimed in the guide, the 6M peak dps requires many buffs to be active and is not sustainable for more than a couple seconds. Realistically you'll be looking at about 2M Shaper dps without buffs. It should also be noted that it is possible to increase the damage even further by investing in better rares.

Keep in mind, when trying this build with other ascendancies, that not generating endurance charges will diminish the damage of Tectonic Slam.

Good luck with your next league starter!
Hey mate

Looked into the build again...youre not going to shock vs shaper/ guardians/ elder and stuff..so that can be removed from the configuration.

you checked in ADRENALINE...which is only accessable by picking the champion...so that's not going to happen as you picked juggernaut.

So if you manage to have frenzy charges
- and youre either using a cold snap (to make chilled ground to make hypothermia work, not sure if the voidforge is enough to do that, or simply using ele focus, then you would be able to hit 3.1mill dps..

But somewhere around 2-2.4mill is more realistic. Still plenty for most endgame stuff :) (with abyssus..so around 1.3-1.5 without it..its ok..not great though)

I know the champion would hit numbers that are way higher...but the juggernauts defence might be needed :)

Last edited by hyyyben on Mar 7, 2019, 7:21:07 PM
"
Looked into the build again...youre not going to shock vs shaper/ guardians/ elder and stuff..so that can be removed from the configuration.

you checked in ADRENALINE...which is only accessable by picking the champion...so that's not going to happen as you picked juggernaut.

Thanks for pointing that out. I forgot that PoB applies shock at 50% by default, that's unrealistic indeed. It should however be taken into account that shock is relevant due to Yoke of Suffering.

Adrenaline is obtained by planting War Banner, regardless of ascendancy, albeit for just a brief moment.
Last edited by davydavidsson on Mar 10, 2019, 4:40:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info