Maps with Vaal mod (10% corruption chance)

I have a stack of about a dozen of these, 10% chance for drops to be corrupt, curious if there's a way to maximize benefit. Map tiers range from 4-10.

e.g.

I foolishly tried to Elder (-->T16) one of them, forgetting it erased all mods.

My plan atm is:
Augment
Regal
Run with MFer

Q1: is there a better way to do this?
Q2: Does Neversink seek out decent corruption drops, or do I need to manually scan all good bases?
Last edited by thurmack on Jan 17, 2019, 9:36:30 AM
Last bumped on Jan 18, 2019, 5:18:36 PM
Just use vaal winds prophecy if you want a bunch of divines, that 10% chance is a waste of time i would think
"
thurmack wrote:
I have a stack of about a dozen of these, 10% chance for drops to be corrupt, curious if there's a way to maximize benefit. Map tiers range from 4-10.

e.g.

I foolishly tried to Elder (-->T16) one of them, forgetting it erased all mods.

My plan atm is:
Augment
Regal
Run with MFer

Q1: is there a better way to do this?
Q2: Does Neversink seek out decent corruption drops, or do I need to manually scan all good bases?

Q1: Probably not. Considering those maps are random (you can't really use sextants for each of them, unless you have 3 identical maps), augment regal and run is the best option. Also, I'd say 10% is very negligible, so I wouldn't even bother with those maps if I had better alternatives (simply run higher tier maps).
Q2: Neversink added a lot of rules for identified rares, but those detect named affixes (merciless, etc.). As far as I know, there's no way to detect implicit modifiers, but I might be wrong. You can take a peak into his filter yourself and check the section for identified rares.
Thanks for the advice... if I could find a way to convert the maps to t16 I think the corrupts might be worth checking out, otherwise I agree the maps aren't worth prioritizing.
I’ve run 2 of maps wit this mod both was mid tiers, did aug and regal in each I got 1 6l and lot of other stuff without any mf gear, so I think it was worth it;) just run them and hope for t best;) it won’t take that long time anyway...
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info