Explosive Arrow Templar Build

First off, I've seen a lot of witches do this and go ci or Rangers attempt to pull this off however I have decided to share what I believe is the most balanced build for the infamous Explosive Arrow.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBAcFWx8CMtE2xTwFPV9FR0bXUlNdxodli4yXlZf0nC2f36cItQS4k9gk4XPtIO98NtjxbOxViBvvhZ2uEmkXHHF5gzidgN0FfVN65udq1HyCmylP7DgaOKeEkFUUTQSzAnHwH6IAj0aBSbI4Zk_Q0M9lVcZMsy0fbRnB84Ie2wvxdjvh4venK4t6CPR5AzGIoqMPxNzHO3xaprjKf8YRlp2j_KsOSOOEwFFw1XBS8NlJO3J-m6FI58AaWfOsqiftGS7Uj7nd8i_vDudSVElfP_ZIjM9QUFhjxth-WdrdDH0Qf8aeJ6labSQ8p1xJUfPd

As you can see from the build we opt for Eldritch battery to make use of discipline aura + Inner Focus for massive amounts of mana. The crowning jewel of this build is the amount increased radius which helps both Explosive Arrow and Minion instability to go boom on a lot of mobs.

On top of the massive mana, meat shields, and all around explodey fun this build also ensures survivability to the max, taking elemental adaptation, diamond skin, Trolls blood, and some extra chaos resist to help out gearwise. Couple this with the amount of hp you have and throw on a vitality aura because... well... you can? and a purity gem? You're looking at 83% all elemental resists and massive health regen which helps your party members.

SKILL GEMS!!!

Yes, finally to the meat of the matter, to be honest there are many skill gems which work very well with Explosive Arrow. I personally enjoy Chains, LMP/GMP, Chance to Ignite, and Increased Area of Effect; if you're lucky enough to roll a 6L Quill rain or armor, definitely add in Concetrated Effects or Life Leech for more health sustain. Other gems of note would be Added Cold Damage to freeze the mobs who don't die, Mana Leech for more mana sustain (though why would you with Eldritch Battery), Culling Strikes, and Increase Crit Strike/Damage. Honestly the choice is yours as to your playstyle and I am not here to limit your options :)

Gear choices!!

If it wasn't clear in the build, you will be going pure ARMOR to reduce physical damage. The only exception are your gloves, which you should by all means look for Maligaro's Virtuosity
as you can see the build relies heavily upon crit chance and crit damage. You will be need to prioritize gear as follows: Health, Chaos Resists, Resists, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Fire Damage.

I would recommend Perandus Blazon belt until you can find a super high health leather belt with 20-30% chaos resists and flask recharge recovery rate because when they re-introduce diamond flasks for crit chance back into the game... you'll thank me for this advice later.

Helm, Boots, Armor, and quiver should all be rare (until uniques come into the game which give crit dmg/crit chance on those slots). Quiver Stats of course should follow the priority order, boots should be 25-30% movement speed w/ dual/tri resists (Hopefully chaos w/ Life) and same with the helm and Chest piece. Astral Plates should be your final piece of gear if you can get an ilvl 78-79 Astral, roll that bitch for all you're worth and roll it some more. You may also opt for Armor/Eshield gear but thats personal preference again.

Critique and tips on the build go below! if you have any questions or think I miss something by all means yell at me!
Heh. Nice effort dude, but its seems like u haven't tried it yet.

Problems with this guide:

Low Accuracy: End game your chance to hit will be so low.

The real problem is, that crit rolls hit chance again after it hits.
So your chance to deal critical strike its rolled twice againts mob evasion.

Crit: Tell me why u need to increase your dmg? EA is the highest base dmg attack in the game.

GMP/LMP + CE +EA with passives its enough to kill enemies, crit only over dmg.

120 passive point u will never reach, make it 100. lvl 80

Nice build though, just pick Resolute technique and respec crit mods.
Actually I have no issues with lack of accuracy nodes cause of my gear, both my rings, amulet, and Quiver have 350+ Accuracy on them. I'm sitting at 82% accuracy with this build though I don't have the entire right side of the tree filled at lvl 84.

I only used the full 111 points just to let people know it can go on when new content is released. I've spoken to Chris and he said once Act 3x is released, people will be able to achieve level 100. So it will eventually become possible to do so.

And I increase crit damage because once you get to level 75+ maps, your EA doesn't one shot whole groups of mobs and I'm anticipating Diamond Flasks to be returned into the game which will make this build superior to any other with the right gear.

On another note: People can spec into accuracy nodes as needed as there are 7 very accessible nodes in this build in regards to Accuracy and Dex. Once they get the top end gear rolls with accuracy they can spec out of it and back into more damage.

The accuracy nodes are: Deadeye (20% and 2x 8%'s), Precision stand alone (10%), and Precision with 2 more smaller nodes (30% total) = 76% accuracy for about 14 skill points.
Chain doesn't work with EA.

Also, I'll tell you right now that mana is a major issue with QREA builds if you run too many supports. 200+ mana cost at 5+ attack speed is no joke. IF, EB, doesn't matter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info