What am I doing wrong?

So, at level 65, ranger, but not making any gains. The last part of the quests with Sin, I've simply died my way forward. Literally everything 1 shots me no matter how my armour or stats are re-arranged. Is there a way to gain levels and experience without being a 1shot meat target?
Last bumped on Jan 15, 2019, 6:05:55 PM
1. Following a build? If so, link it. This will help us help you. Also as a ranger you do not want armor, you want dodge / evade.

2. Farm Blood aqueducts to level. You should be able to hit 70 in here pretty easily.

Note that Rangers are pretty squishy class outside of a few niche builds. Ideally you should have ~2k HP at this point regardless of class. What are your resistances at? I am assuming the are negative from when you beat kitava the first time. You need to get these up, though Sin 2nd phase can be tough at times still.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
"
MorbidReign wrote:
Literally everything 1 shots me

Resists... I'm not an expert, but my own experience has been that resists matter more than anything else. More than damage, certainly. The difference between 65 and 75 for a resist is VERY noticeable.

Once you sort out your resists, worry about life and mana.

Once you sort that out, you can begin constantly dying due to game glitches like the rest of us.

I'm personally stuck at 85. The only way to advance is to be utterly timid at that point? Strongboxes? Ignore them. Essence fights... not wise. Syndicate? Run away. Map bosses -- even weak ones can wreck you if you can't move because the game is loading something.

Don't get me wrong, I like this game -- but it really is unplayable on the Xbox after a certain point because your progress is completely eliminated every time you die. :) That said, the journey to the point where progress becomes impossible is still fun and totally worth doing.
So at this point, I'm running a Dex build. Mostly relying on skeleton and ...ghoul summons on kills/criticals to meat shield for me, but after that, if I can't see a singular enemy it 1 shots me from off screen.

As for my resistances, everything BUT chaos resistance is in the 70% area. Chaos is -30%. I'm assuming that was normal. Problem is, I have gear to boost all of that up, but it requires level 66. 1 whole level away from the suffering, I just can't figure out how to get there.

But these blood aquaducts, what are these? They sound like a terrifyingly Cesarian invention.
"
MorbidReign wrote:

But these blood aquaducts, what are these? They sound like a terrifyingly Cesarian invention.

First area of act 9...
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
I found it. The only downside is the instance reset time.
"
MorbidReign wrote:

You can manually make a new instance.

1. At way point, hover over BA. Press Y to bring up the instance selector. Create new.

2. At the other end of BA, go into the town. When at the door, Press Y to bring up the instance selector. Create new.

This can be done in almost every area. When you have 3 instances up and go to make a fourth it will overwrite the oldest one.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Last edited by Corrison on Jan 15, 2019, 10:14:35 AM
"
Corrison wrote:
"
MorbidReign wrote:

You can manually make a new instance.

1. At way point, hover over BA. Press Y to bring up the instance selector. Create new.

2. At the other end of BA, go into the town. When at the door, Press Y to bring up the instance selector. Create new.

This can be done in almost every area. When you have 3 instances up and go to make a fourth it will overwrite the oldest one.

Hhmm, I think I just read something I never thought about. But this thing of Hover over, Press Y, Create... !!?????QUE?????!!
"
Kundarin wrote:

Hhmm, I think I just read something I never thought about. But this thing of Hover over, Press Y, Create... !!?????QUE?????!!

When you are looking at the waypoint map, you use the left stick to select where you want to go. That little circle that you select with just needs to be on BA.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
"
Corrison wrote:
"
Kundarin wrote:

When you are looking at the waypoint map, you use the left stick to select where you want to go. That little circle that you select with just needs to be on BA.

Ok, so what you are actually saying here, is: When you are on the specific WAYPOINT MAP (where you choose WHERE you want to go, when actually standing on the specific WAYPOINT), you should choose the exact SAME AREA you are already IN, and THEN press Y. You will then get up a log/menu where you can choose CREATE NEW. So in this way you don´t need to go into another area to WAIT those 8-15 Mts for the other Area to reset?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info