3.6 Toxic Rain Pathfinder - Hit me! ... If u can!

"
Hey

[...]Or did i fuck up for not doing a +3 and 20 more socketed gem bow?

you can just replace vicious projectiles with a lvl4 empower and be slightly better off than you would otherwise be if you had a cheap +3 bow (+1 all, +2 bow).
that lvl4 empower might be expensive, sure, but if this is a build you intend to stick with and invest a lot into then you would've needed a lvl4 empower somewhere down the road anyway.

you can also craft '+2 to socketed support gems' onto that bow too. which should be amazing with that empower.
Last edited by Amanoon on Mar 20, 2019, 7:10:11 AM
Hey,

I'm giving this build a shot. I noticed that Step2 and Step3 of the leveling section are exactly the same.
"
Hey,

I'm giving this build a shot. I noticed that Step2 and Step3 of the leveling section are exactly the same.
Posted by Yalpe
on Mar 20, 2019, 1:05:19 PM
Quote this Post Private Message

Hello Yalpe,
hope you will have some fun trying out this build :)

Fixed the error with Step2 and Step3. Thank you for reporting it.

"
Hey

Guide looking interesting..

I got a atleast one question

Would something like this work

with the build?

Or did i fuck up for not doing a +3 and 20 more socketed gem bow?

Hello Moksu,
your item is looking good so far but phys damage increased is not needed in this build. It is possible to craft an better bow as im recommending in my guide but it is very expensive. Check up this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrHClk8lUM8 if you have some currency and time left to craft.

If you end up without any +X to gems on your bow, your bow would be worse then the cheap bow im crafting in my build (even if you put in an Empower Lvl 4 in yours). You have to hit Vicious Projectiles AND +1 or +2 to gems otherwise you end up losing damage.

Hope i could answer your question.
Last edited by heitu on Mar 20, 2019, 3:43:58 PM
What do you think of the new item Maloney's Mechanism in this build?
Bro, I have a question... I have this Quiver on league:
with 2 "Bow Attacks Fire an Additional Arrow", I know that the stats are trash but... What do u think? Should I use it even I have the Dying Sun?

PS.: I'm new to the game, the only thing I know is that the Quiver can have a great value, but IDK if it suits on the build...
Nice Build, im loving it and sorry for the weak English xD
Last edited by Kremer on Mar 21, 2019, 5:39:07 AM
Could you explain a bit more how you utilize the secondary skills like blight and the totems?
"
with 2 "Bow Attacks Fire an Additional Arrow", I know that the stats are trash but... What do u think? Should I use it even I have the Dying Sun?

there are two things to consider when adding more arrows to toxic rain :
1) adding arrows also increases the spread of teh arrows. given that much of toxic rain's single-target-DPS is based on overlapping the individual arrows AoE's, this means you'll get less out of it than you might expect upfront. unless you invest in alot of "increased area of effect".
that being said, more arrows always increases your DPS, but it wont be very efficient unless you have a bunch of +% to AoE to accompany it.
(example, my current build has 7 arrows per volley, dealing roughly ~850k shaper DPS; increasing that number of arrows to 70, without increasing my AoE-size only gives me ~1.17m shaper DPS)
2) naturally diminishing returns. adding arrows is so strong (at first) because it stacks multiplicatively with all your other damage increases.
however, it does not stack multiplicatively with itself. 5 arrows = 500% more, 7 = 700% more, 9 = 900% more, etc. so it's best not to overinvest in added arrows for the same reason it's a bad idea to invest exclusively in attack speed.

all this being said, that's a pretty sick quiver.
but I'd wager you're better off selling it for a pretty penny, and reinvesting that money in a +1 arrow quiver with good defenses on it. or if you're only interested in more damage, get a Maloney's Mechanism and use it to generate frenzy charges on bosses.
(if you don't already have a source of frenzy charges for boss fights, it should be more damage than +2 arrows. plus you could add a curse-on-hit set up in Maloney's Mechanism)
Edit: Disregard, figured out the answers to both questions.
Last edited by RedGrinGrumble87 on Mar 26, 2019, 11:06:26 PM
"
Amanoon wrote:

all this being said, that's a pretty sick quiver.
but I'd wager you're better off selling it for a pretty penny, and reinvesting that money in a +1 arrow quiver with good defenses on it.

TYSM for the help bro, now I have another question (out of the Toxic Rain Build, if can't do it, my apologies), im looking for a MF build and the one I looked uses Greater Multiple Projectiles... So, maybe the Quiver is a good option for this build?
"
[...]uses Greater Multiple Projectiles...

I imagine any build that uses GMP would kill for that quiver

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info