[3.5] Smite/Static Strike and Storm Brand Curse Build

Thread is a work in progress. Please give me time to add things just wanted to get it out there as it is a lot of fun for me and I feel current experts could take this up a notch with their knowledge.

Build is awesome so far want help developing this. I have just returned from a 2 year break, but played for many years before that so I lack a lot of knowledge in general now. This build however has worked great so far. The only yellow map I can't do is reflect so far. The rest I don't even look for when skimming mods.

The clear speed is great, you can move extremely fast, and I feel very tanky (Enfeeble, Warlords, blasphemy, 3 endurance charges). I am up to tier ten maps now. I cast Storm Brand ahead of me the packs explode instantly most of the time. The Storm Brand also curses the screen. Smite or static strike cleans everything up. I can't decide which I like better. I feel smite is better for boss dmg currently but not sure given many gem setup possibilities. It is extremely fluent from screen to screen. You lead the group and protect everyone with your curses while also giving major dmg increases.

The helmet is key to livability and very cheap. I will be making many builds around this unique.

I recently switched from elemental focus gem to concentrated effect so I could shock and take advantage of the mace mods (30% decrease attack speed on monsters and another debuff). I am not sure this is best or not but the numbers were higher in poe builder. I will post a paste bin later of the ele set up.

The powerhouse feeling really kicked in when I got both 6 links. I got one in 80 fusings and another in a crazy 400 or so. I hate the huge boost from this. It is strong before, but Uber Izaro I could not damage well.

I want to know if I am shocking bosses at all? Kind of question shocking if I am not.

Cons

The only problem I see with it so far are 2:

1. Reflect
2. Too many uniques where I would rather have gear I could get hp on...I feel extremely tanky, but get a close to one shot every once in awhile (this may be syndicate thing more than any thing tho tbh). The almost one shots from syndicates sometimes make me question all the new bosses I have never fought like Shaper.

Here is my current build, gear, and gems (You copy this link below and import it into path of building):

https://pastebin.com/aCqU9gRX

Here is with elemental focus setup. For whatever reasons this feels much more powerful when I just switched back and forth between the two:

https://pastebin.com/81rqJkpx

Key gear:

Devouring Diadem
Brain Rattler
Cospri's Will
Impresence
The Taming
Dream Fragments
Windshrieker

Other versions of this build I have thought of are taking it elementalist as well as going bow for increased livability with ranged and maybe DPS improvement.
Last edited by johnce6 on Jan 2, 2019, 12:22:41 AM
Last bumped on Jan 1, 2019, 11:19:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info