Elemental Tornado Shot / 64-79% pen / reflect immune / guardian+MF viable /shaper down

Pathfinder/Path of the ranger/Elementalist!!!!!!

Last tested in Poe Version [3.5] betrayal league.
Gear update
360k shaper dps/200k with gmp (4 arrows without gmp)
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/C2RQ6nDg

Pro's
-Very High dps WITH greater multiple projectiles we have 150k+ shaper dps with quite minimal investment (and ice bite/gmp socketed witch can be swapped out for more dmg, im lazy and chose not to as it generates our frenzys during map clear, frenzys on boss fights are kept up using frenzy/gmp you just fire 1 every 10 seconds or so)
-Fast moving
-efficient clearing
-fun to play
-99% flask uptime
-immune to Elemental Reflect
-no barrage or gem swaps needed
-we use rain of arrows to maim and cull also it is highly defensive when fighting the syndicates it makes dodging and moving out the way of death easy
-atziri viable as she cant reflect us
-windripper is super cheap this league and is a great average weapon for this build
-no 6 link required, just a 5 link shroud of the lightless witch is a mandatory component of the build
-pretty much dont need point blank so we go for king of the hill instead so we can keep our distance and another defensive aspect
-no leech is the only map mod we cannot do
-can start on a fresh character with 0 investment if you wish
-Tornado shot +2 helmet is basically redundant, a crit enchanted helm assists our knockback and dps the boots basically do what the +2 helmet does in a different manor plus we get phasing witch helps in delves. so thats -6ex off the cost :)

-who needs physical defence when physical monsters cant get near us, check the spoiler to see :)
(this was before i got my helmet enchant)
Spoiler

Con's
-you have pretty much 0 physical defence so we rely on a rumi's flask, kiting and knockback.(you as the player are your physical defence)
-chaos dmg can be a pain, especially when it comes to beefy syndicates (atziri flask can be helpful)
-you may randomly get 1 shot due to low life i use two might of the meek to give me about 500 extra life + a rumi's just to prevent this whilst leveling.
-no regen can be hastle if you empty your mana pool but we can run it
-hardcore is a nono
-can be a bit tedious to level up if you are not an experienced player

screenshot of my atlas after shaper down, his beams are deadly and the rumi's saved my butt, would recommend a taste of hate instead just to guarantee it deathless :)
Spoiler

-Might of the meek is the main reason we go scion(unique jewel) ultimately this allows us to keep a traditional ranger tree with extra perks for damage
-we gain an extra 16% penetration
-immune to elemental reflect
-2 golems
-unlimited flasks
-10% shock buff
-40% herald of ice buff

approximate gear cost 3-5+ exalted, we use two might of the meeks they are approximately 1 ex each and can be obtained late game. all you need to start this build is motivation you can start with nothing and upgrade as you go. windrippers and lioneyes falls are dirt cheap this league and we use a 5 link shroud so no 6l required.

if you are levelling with absolutely 0 currency it can be a slight struggle early levels on bosses as we have quite a complex tree and it takes a while to travel out, suck it up your gonna be able to down shaper in the end ;]
Spoiler

note, most of these deaths are from levelling up and the main cause was syndicates (i locked them underground once i realised you could witch wasnt till like t13+ maps lol), also i went through much trial and error creating the build so dont be put off by this, i just figured honesty is key. ur gonna get squished now and then your a low life ranger.

you will need to download path of building if you dont have it.
import the link in the spoiler below.

Path of building:
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/USnhAbfH

you take this path until you can go path of the ranger, go for this first! (use the jewel socket if you want to)

Gear + gem links

Spoiler

other options (note effigon gives us a significant amount of dps) but its fine to run biscos.

effigon is basically for guardians/shaper

other options for flasks, also recommend the taste of hate instead of rumi's for shaper but i beat him without it :)

use a vessel of vinktar at your own risk, its more for fun and extra dps

Notes:
this build uses elemental flat abyss jewels, buy item level 70+ searching eye jewels and just alt/aug/regal your own, they just have to be average, not insane save your money and make them yourself :) i chaos spammed all mine for the chance at 4 mods and got some pretty high dps ones withing 5-15c per jewel

on the topic of jewels, you will be also using 2x might of the meek to buff the marauder's life ring, this allows us to ignore a lot of life nodes on the tree and a bunch of other scion perks. for the rest of the tree we can focus sheerly on damage.

you NEED at least 6% chance to blind to proc our 100% accuracy on boss fights, this roll can appear on abyss jewels + quivers so it should not be hard to get.

i have 6% on my quiver and 3% on 1 jewel and it basically permanently blinds due to our attack speed / amount of arrows and projectiles

use a wise oak flask until you can afford a dying sun, even capping your resistances with the wise oak is extremely beneficial but the dying sun messes with this so you basically have the choice between more pen or more arrows, the wise oak cap is better dps but the dying sun is nicer clearing, you decide :)

--README--
you get life/mana leech from lioneyes fall jewel and the claw part of the tree, if you do not have this jewel here are other options

tree alternation till you get the jewel its a good temporary solution and i did this to level.
Spoiler

this is also a great option for leveling to maps

you dont have to use a windripper but here is the breakdown of why i use it.

the most important two rolls on a bow for this build is Critical strike chance, followed by elemental dps, then attack speed

windripper is 230 edps
has 6.8% crit chance
1.6 aps

Rare 330 edps bow
5% crit chance
1.6 aps

allthough one might think the rare bow is better its not simply because of crit.

if your looking to upgrade from the windripper to a rare bow remember about the crit!
(note i dont recommend using a harbinger bow, they have insane crit but they are simply to slow attack speed it could maybe work with t1 aps)

-----
thanks for taking a look if i get any interest in the build i will make the thread all fancy and more detailed like my wildstrike build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1997761
Last edited by Cchris07 on Jan 13, 2019, 10:41:52 AM
Last bumped on Jan 16, 2019, 2:57:41 AM
-
Hmm I’ll have look at this;) I always like bow builds;) but I’m short of time so mayb a bit later;) always wanted to do mf build, Never did 1 before.. How much hp u have with yours current gear? I don’t like run 1 map all round all day (burial chamber) just want to run all maps;) Hope it’ll b OKish for that;) Mayb some gameplay video?
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
"
KOrchann wrote:
Hmm I’ll have look at this;) I always like bow builds;) but I’m short of time so mayb a bit later;) always wanted to do mf build, Never did 1 before.. How much hp u have with yours current gear? I don’t like run 1 map all round all day (burial chamber) just want to run all maps;) Hope it’ll b OKish for that;) Mayb some gameplay video?

ive just downed shaper on 4.5k life :)

if i take out my two might of the meek jewels im 4144 life.

note the might of the meeks buff our resistance life and crit multi, you could buy two jewels in these sockets with

resistance
crit multi
% life

as a temporary measure :)
Last edited by Cchris07 on Jan 2, 2019, 11:00:19 PM
Why don't you use Barrage for single target? Plus the knockback makes it impossible for physical based entity to hit us? I know you said we dont really need it but just saying :P
Ethereal Serenity founder - https://discord.gg/cMfkf8
"
Nnige07 wrote:
Why don't you use Barrage for single target? Plus the knockback makes it impossible for physical based entity to hit us? I know you said we dont really need it but just saying :P

not out of the question i just dont like the skill
Last edited by Cchris07 on Jan 3, 2019, 2:23:10 PM
I was just looking for some build for farming or change of playstyle, but i hate leveling. And i already have scion pathfinder/elementalist at level 91.
So this is super handy :) I will try it.
"
vildsix wrote:
I was just looking for some build for farming or change of playstyle, but i hate leveling. And i already have scion pathfinder/elementalist at level 91.
So this is super handy :) I will try it.

sounds good brother :) let me know how it goes, feel free to message if your stuck with anything
How did you get 100% hit chance at pob, without investing in the accuracy rating?
"
Fummon wrote:
How did you get 100% hit chance at pob, without investing in the accuracy rating?

effigon amulet + aprox 10% chance to blind on hit (from quiver abyss jewels)

10% is more than enough to permablind a boss
Last edited by Cchris07 on Jan 16, 2019, 2:58:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info