[3.5] 2H Tectonic Slam JUGG [Uber Elder Deathless]

"
bvgftr wrote:
"
Dwarrowdelf25 wrote:
So i have basically stripped your build in path of building down to try and figure out why i am doing so much less damage and cant figure it out? I know i have to quality my gems, but even that doesn't make up for the dps difference. I am also having a hard time with sustain, i feel really squishy. Any help would be most appreciated!

Check the PoB & Voidforge Option Change

[ Gain 300% of Weapon Physical Damage as Extra Damage of a random Element ]

[ Gain 300% of Weapon Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage ]

So this means that this build doesn't work anymore????
"
maliknadija wrote:
"
bvgftr wrote:
"
Dwarrowdelf25 wrote:
So i have basically stripped your build in path of building down to try and figure out why i am doing so much less damage and cant figure it out? I know i have to quality my gems, but even that doesn't make up for the dps difference. I am also having a hard time with sustain, i feel really squishy. Any help would be most appreciated!

Check the PoB & Voidforge Option Change

[ Gain 300% of Weapon Physical Damage as Extra Damage of a random Element ]

[ Gain 300% of Weapon Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage ]

So this means that this build doesn't work anymore????

No, it works well.

However, it can't be calculated by the PoB.
So, as mentioned above, you need to Edit it.
so according to the link regarding damage conversion with voidforge, you need 100% fire damage converted from physical, as i understand it.

When using tectonic slam the ability itself converts 60% of physical damage to fire. With Xoph's blood giving Avatar of Fire (which is 50% of physical damage converted to Fire) we already have the 100% conversion right?

Then my question is, the ring choice. It seems that in PoB changing the 2 rings for Mark of the Shaper and a Shaped Steel ring, the damage is more or less that equal. Is there a reason we need those 2 rings? because it looks like they can be mixed around and still give same damage output :)

What you reckon?
Ok so that solves my dps question, but why am i so squishy?
"
Mikkizh95 wrote:
so according to the link regarding damage conversion with voidforge, you need 100% fire damage converted from physical, as i understand it.

When using tectonic slam the ability itself converts 60% of physical damage to fire. With Xoph's blood giving Avatar of Fire (which is 50% of physical damage converted to Fire) we already have the 100% conversion right?

Then my question is, the ring choice. It seems that in PoB changing the 2 rings for Mark of the Shaper and a Shaped Steel ring, the damage is more or less that equal. Is there a reason we need those 2 rings? because it looks like they can be mixed around and still give same damage output :)

What you reckon?

It doesn't have a similar DPS.

Why? VF [Gain 300% of Weapon Physical Damage as Extra Damage of a random Element]

VF is selects one of the three Elements(Fire, Cold, Lightnig) randomly.
The reason to use Pyre + Call of the Brotherhood is to convert Cold and Lightning damage to Fire.
If you don't use two rings when you use Xoph(AoF), it will be converted from cold, lightning damage to half fire damage.

Avatar of Fire: 50% of Physical, Cold and Lightning Damage Converted to Fire Damage
Deal no Non-Fire Damage

Damage conversion only flows in one direction between types, possibly skipping types, but never going in reverse:

Physical → Lightning → Cold → Fire → Chaos

"
Dwarrowdelf25 wrote:

Your Lv is too low. My level is 95.

Increase Gems Lv & Quality!

Jewels are also needed.
Its mean that this build won't work unless you have Xoph's Blood Amber Amulet??
If is that true I em done cos I can't get 3.4ex I do all that for nothing
"
bvgftr wrote:
"
Dwarrowdelf25 wrote:

Jewels are also needed.

I feel a bit squishy too, helped getting jewels with some res on them, but ones with attack speed and double res are too expensive for me so I had to compromise a bit. sitting at around 95-100 res and that has helped.

But I think this build is naturally a little squishy, oni variant of this build has that downside too (even more cos they use 40-50% more damage taken helm)

Have to say though I'm enjoying this build as an alt from my arc totem main very fun to play :)
The first rule of fight club is.... wear a cup!
"
maliknadija wrote:
Its mean that this build won't work unless you have Xoph's Blood Amber Amulet??
If is that true I em done cos I can't get 3.4ex I do all that for nothing

Use [ Avatar of Fire ] as a temporary measure.
"
gfellows wrote:
"
bvgftr wrote:
"
Dwarrowdelf25 wrote:

Jewels are also needed.

I feel a bit squishy too, helped getting jewels with some res on them, but ones with attack speed and double res are too expensive for me so I had to compromise a bit. sitting at around 95-100 res and that has helped.

But I think this build is naturally a little squishy, oni variant of this build has that downside too (even more cos they use 40-50% more damage taken helm)

Have to say though I'm enjoying this build as an alt from my arc totem main very fun to play :)

Overall, 2H builds are not as cost-effective.

If you want to enjoy Tectonic at an affordable price, I recommend Oni-goroshi or Paradoxica or Razor of the Seventh Sun Build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info