[3.5] MoM Crit Storm Brand Inquisitor - Uber Elder down

dunno, man... I was doing Heiro, completely respecc'd to inquisitor, and it's still a lot squishier and not as screen clearing as Elementalist -- I have very good gear and get gibbed WAY too much for my liking. 7k life? yeah. Lucky to get 5k. Elementalist is just SOOOOO smooth thru T15+. Sorry that's my experience
First of all before I respond messages, sorry I havnt been active lately, got kinda burned out in the league I feel like :p I might be getting back at some point, I'll try to still respond as much as I can.

"
I am wondering what your gear list is now because those videos did not have the same pieces, could we get an update list with a tab that says end game items?

I can't exactly do that since I'm not a numbercrunching guy, I have no experience in how to set it up in PoB so I cant tell you that if you get this gear then you'll do 10 mio shaper dps or what not. Sorry.

"
pisschristt wrote:
I didn't even think about having to cast an attack skill for the cast speed! What do you do to combat that?

Power Siphon is an attack, you cast it every once in a while or against stronger enemies.

"
d3viant6 wrote:
dunno, man... I was doing Heiro, completely respecc'd to inquisitor, and it's still a lot squishier and not as screen clearing as Elementalist -- I have very good gear and get gibbed WAY too much for my liking. 7k life? yeah. Lucky to get 5k. Elementalist is just SOOOOO smooth thru T15+. Sorry that's my experience

My experience is actually the opposite, I feel like elementalist is a big dmg loss, I feel squishy as elementalist aswell and about the screen clearing then sure elementalist should be better since most of those builds go for the area nodes which I cant really find the points available to in my build.

7k life is a combined amount, its fairly easy to obtain since you run MoM, keep this in mind not to mention running the new flask then you basicly become immortal almost with all the regen from kills.

But sorry to hear your experience hasnt been as expected. :)
Last edited by Fientelo on Feb 16, 2019, 8:37:01 AM
with 3.6 changes to CRIT and conc ground, I think this is still pretty damn viable and MIGHT be my starter. I need to see how the HOLY skill shake out but you could respec to pure caster relatively easily. EO will be harder to maintin early so probably OOS becomes more of a MUST until you swap to crit.
"
d3viant6 wrote:
with 3.6 changes to CRIT and conc ground, I think this is still pretty damn viable and MIGHT be my starter. I need to see how the HOLY skill shake out but you could respec to pure caster relatively easily. EO will be harder to maintin early so probably OOS becomes more of a MUST until you swap to crit.

Ya I think I'm going for this build again this league. Think I'm gonna be streaming it as well :-)

Can't wait to get home and see how I can build around the tree, cause the nerf to storm brand is quite significant I must say. They needed mana cost on recall as well which is sorta bad. But hopefully the mana cost increase to surge will be enough, otherwise that's a nerf as well :-\

Alright I just got home and thought I'd give an update, I shuffled a bit around with the tree and the only logic I can get makes me a little sad.
I think I can get this build to stay alive but... The cost is going to be the crit, however this means a whole lot of area effect and a lot of leech I think I'm gonna give this ES leech a shot but you will mostlikely see me play either Inquisitor or some witch build for this league.

I'm really sad to see the power charges go away not to mention the crits, but the build before the patch was already being very strict on passive points for late game and with all the nerfs I feel its needed.

My first thought on ascendancies during leveling is gonna be;
Instruments of Virtue -> Respec -> Sanctify -> Pious Path -> Instruments of Virtue -> Augury of Penitence

This means we will try to get a lot of spell pen somehow and I cant say how this will pan out but I hope to find some twisted implicits for amulet, rings, gloves and/or boots since these are still a shot in the wild however seeing you can get onslaught on boots I have some expectations.

If my build will work then idk I might need to make a new guide since its not really crit anymore, however I will still be using Life, Mana AND ES as a life pool and I think it will be much tankier than Betrayal was.

Lets see if we can make this work and I wish you all the greatest of luck in drops for the new league. :)
Last edited by Fientelo on Mar 6, 2019, 9:59:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info