[3.24] 🗡The Nightblade🗡 Unholy Might : 100% phys converted to chaos

Timeless Jewels and Conquered Keystones

I have tested the 5 jewels on the tree. The best spot to put them is the one east from Shadow.

- Glorious Vanity is unpredictable, as it modifies every nodes in radius. So you get random bonuses like : cold dmg leeched as life, atk dmg, inc DoT, spell leeched as ES, +1% chaos res... That's what you get by playing with the power of Khorne the Sith the Vaal.
I cannot recommand it, since it lacks consistency.

- Militant Faith adds devotion points on every node and modify some notable ones, which can be annoying. This jewel is not bad for us, despite the fact it does not sound Assassin at all ! Two useful mods : 4% inc AoE dmg /10 devotion, 4% inc channelling skill dmg /10 dev. With 150 Devotions in radius, that's 60% inc.

- Elegant Hubris could be a good definition of this build ! The jewel removes all bonuses on small nodes and give huge bonuses on notables, like : +50% cold res, 10% max life, gain an end charge if hit recently, 10% inc dmg / power charge... Also : 80% inc phys dmg ! And the amazing "10% chance to gain a frenzy charge on hit" ! But a large part of your tree in radius will become useless.

- Lethal Pride is full Karui-style : totem dmg, burning dmg, armour, fire res etc. ; but also for us : inc max life, life leech, crit chance, phys taken as fire dmg etc. And STR on every small nodes. So it can be a good one.

- Brutal Restraint adds DEX on every small node and mods on the notables, like : inc max life, gain 5% phys as cold, inc effect of non-curses auras, crit chances, poison dmg... Few are useless for us, like minion dmg or proj dmg, so this one is a clear winner for me.

Brutal Restraint Jewel

« Just like the Maraketh from the plains, wandering and killing... »
Izaro

I've bought a Maraketh Brutal Restraint timeless jewel from the dekhara of Asenath -yeah, the name is so epic, it just rolls off the tongue !

The jewel adds +2 dex on each small attributes nodes in its radius, +4 on the other small ones, which is good for us since we stack DEX. Also, the jewel adds a mod on each notable, which depends of the number indicated on any particular jewel. So, when you buy one, it is impossible to predict which mods it will add.

Put it just east from Shadow, where we have lot of nodes and look at all the bonuses you can get !

(this is actually the tree for my Power Siphon Assassin).

The jewel I've bought is of Asenath.

In the history of Wraeclast, I have not found who Asenath was, but he sure was a badass (or she?).
Because when there is a Keystone in radius, his jewel will alter it to Death with Dance (DwD).

As you may have noticed *cough*, our build is quite of the glass cannon type. Well, this Keystone can make it even more "glass" and much more "cannon" !
DwD gives us :
- Your crit chance is lucky.
- Your crit dmg is lucky.
- Enemies dmg is lucky.
- Can't use helmet.

> Lucky means you get two rolls and keep the best. So we are going to crit all the time, and crit HARD... or die HARD !

Enemies have very low chance of crit, so if they got it lucky, it is not such a big deal. But losing the helmet is an issue for sure. I think that in the mind of GGG, the DPS bonus must be so high that it overly compensates for the loss of an helmet. But it's true we lose DEX, EVA, life and Lab Enchant given by our faithful Starkonja.

You stay home and be a good bear, Starkie.

At the moment, it's impossible to simulate DwD in PoB. You can tick a Diamond Flask for crit chance, but it won't recognize any « crit dmg is lucky ». And when you add the jewel ingame, it does not change the tooltip DPS, nor is it recognized in PoB.

If you want to get DwD, you can set the jewel near Acrobatics.
But this is for experienced players IMO : if you want to dance with death, you must be an expert at dodging everything.

There is a synergy between DwD and the Ryslatha's Coil belt.
Because the higher the ratio between min dmg and max dmg, the more profitable it is to be lucky.

For instance, say minDmg = 2 and maxDmg = 3. Then, it's a ratio of 3/2= 1.5.
So being lucky can give you up to 1.5 more dmg. Not much.

DwD is most profitable with lightning skills, as they have a very huge ratio between mix and max. Like "4 to 300 dmg" = a ratio of 75 !
So if you can get two rolls and keep the best, you've got a higher chance of getting a roll near 300 and keeping it, instead of 4.

The Ryslatha's coil increases our ratio, since it adds 1 to 15-20 phys dmg to attacks and also it gives 30-40% more max and 30-40% less min.
For instance, without the belt, my ratio is 2.3 and it becomes 4.8 with it ! (ingame numbers, as PoB do not recognize this mechanism)

Legion Keystones

The Keystones are those big nodes on the skill tree that modifies a core mechanism of the game, like Blood Magic, Chaos Inoculation or Avatar of Fire.
When a Timeless Jewel has a Keystone in radius, it will change it to another, depending of the warrior's name indicated on the jewel.

To get a Keystone for our build, the best spot to put the jewel is south-west from Duellist : it will alter Iron Grip, which we don't need.

Here are IMO the best Legion Keystones :

- Glancing Blows from Lethal Pride/Kiloava. Chances to block atk and spells are doubled. Take 50% of blocked dmg.
> Not bad, as it can avoid you some one-hit deaths. But you must not use Acrobatics. Better if you use a Shield with some spell block.

- Corrupted Soul, from Glorious Vanity/Doryani. Gain 20% of max life as ES. 50% of dmg bypasses ES.
> We don't have much ES, so getting some more is useful, even if it's a weaker ES. But remember that the Vaal jewel will randomly alter the tree in radius. Also, it will be quite useless if you use Acrobatics.

- Dance with Death from Brutal Restraint/Asenath, which I have covered in details on the previous post.

I think the Keystones can be powerful but they require that you design your build around them.
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on Oct 18, 2019, 7:43:30 AM
Hello

I have a question.

While im playing the game, i felt that i hadn't get a good dagger (DPS 400 up)

Do you have any special reason to use a dagger?

What do you think about using one hand sword?

Of course, dagger passive tree is changed to one hand sword
"
NewQas_Rew wrote:
Hello

I have a question.

While im playing the game, i felt that i hadn't get a good dagger (DPS 400 up)

Do you have any special reason to use a dagger?

What do you think about using one hand sword?

Of course, dagger passive tree is changed to one hand sword

And Can you watch my POB if you have time?

My Pob Paste Bin : https://pastebin.com/BH6uaEXJ

I think My DPS and Critical Chance is very low.

What do you think is the problem?
I won't be able to look at PoB before next week. But I can check your stuff on the site. You can set your char to public, see the beginning of first post.
If you have a 400 DPS dagger, it's very good. But you need a fast one : 1.8 atk per second or more.

I prefer daggers because they feel more Assassin. You get consistent Crit, poison chance and phasing, and you've got all the nodes near the Shadow starting point.

But ofc, swords are very good. Paradoxica uniques hit very hard, but they are a bit slow. The best ones are the Jewelled foils rares, with 1.9 or 2 aps and 400+ DPS.
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on Jul 19, 2019, 3:19:08 PM
Legion Keystones

The Keystones are those big nodes on the skill tree that modifies a core mechanism of the game, like Blood Magic, Chaos Inoculation or Avatar of Fire.
When a Timeless Jewel has a Keystone in radius, it will change it to another, depending of the warrior's name indicated on the jewel.

To get a Keystone for our build, the best spot to put the jewel is south-west from Duellist : it will alter Iron Grip, which we don't need.

Here are IMO the best Legion Keystones :

- Glancing Blows from Lethal Pride/Kiloava. Chances to block atk and spells are doubled. Take 50% of blocked dmg.
> Not bad, as it can avoid you some one-hit deaths. But you must not use Acrobatics. Better if you use a Shield with some spell block.

- Corrupted Soul, from Glorious Vanity/Doryani. Gain 20% of max life as ES. 50% of dmg bypasses ES.
> We don't have much ES, so getting some more is useful, even if it's a weaker ES. But remember that the Vaal jewel will randomly alter the tree in radius. Also, it will be quite useless if you use Acrobatics.

- Dance with Death from Brutal Restraint/Asenath, which I have covered in details on the previous post.

I think the Keystones can be powerful but they require that you design your build around them.
Last edited by rahsaan on Jul 29, 2019, 8:26:57 AM
I have put some order in the first message which had become a real mess, what with all the infos gathered these last months.

* PoB link : https://pastebin.com/QFN23YaY
PoE planner : www.poeurl.com/cumx

* There were some inconsistencies between the forum post and the PoB link, which have been corrected.
Now, the defensive setup is always :
CwdT 3 + Cold Snap 7 + Phase Run 5
And the totem setup is :
Multiple Totems + Anc Warchief + Anc Protector + Lesser Poison

* In the BF setup, Melee Phys Dmg has been replaced by Rage.
Berserk support added on the ring.

* I have added Atziri/Uber Atziri in section 12. Boss Fights

* I am going to reorganize the infos about Timeless Jewels and Keystones. Also, I am working on the "less dmg taken" mechanism for endgame.

Before 3.7, this thread had like 35k view, and now it has more than 115k !
Thx to all for your interest and questions, which have greatly helped me improve the build.
Last edited by rahsaan on Jul 27, 2019, 6:13:04 AM
"
NewQas_Rew wrote:
And Can you watch my POB if you have time?

My Pob Paste Bin : https://pastebin.com/BH6uaEXJ

I think My DPS and Critical Chance is very low.

What do you think is the problem?

I've taken the time to look at your build on PoB.
Actually, you can get more than 6M DPS with your current gear, on 6th stage and 8M on release
And I haven't ticked every buff.

In config, I have ticked Power and Frenzy charges, poisons on enemy / applied recently. In the "Items" section, I have added the bonus of the Ryslatha + the impale effect on the life flask.

Link :
https://pastebin.com/RiAEh6R4
This build has been referenced in several build aggregators, like Poebuilds and some merchants sites that do RMT (the reason for which I won't link them here !).

Gamerdiscovery has put it in their 12 best Legion beginner builds. They say :

"
Blade Flurry Assassin build is really powerful as it is a versatile and fun boss killer setup whilst also being able to leech a lot of health and take a lot of hits. This build offers a relatively fast playstyle that has solid (but not ultra fast) clear speed with high single target damage for melting bosses and can be comparable to other builds from our list of the best legion beginner builds. This build is beginner friendly and SSF, HC and SC viable.

I have never played this build in Solo Self-Found but well, I guess it's possible :

- The Shaper's Touch gloves are a basis of this build for DEX stacking, but they are not absolutely necessary. If you can kill the Shaper, there are the most frequently dropped item. For a replacement, you can find the Tombfist gloves in an abyss.
- Starkonja Helmet is BiS but you can do without it. Same with the Ryslatha coil.
- You will get a Loreweave by vendoring 60 unique rings.
- Normal Atziri can drop the Atziri's steps boots.

The main issue could be the daggers. You would need fossil crafting to make good ones.
Body armour crafting

I'm beginning to learn fossil crafting.
For the moment, I have this body armour, which I've bought :

I want a body armour with :
* Socketed Gems are supported by level 1 maim
* Socketed attacks have -15 to total mana cost
* Life mods

Usually, people craft an Astral Plate for their Cyclone Slayer in Legion. But I want an EVA based armour, so I choose the Assassin's Garb for the 3% movespeed implicit and high EVA.

First, I buy an Elder itemlvl 85+ Assassin's Garb.
Elder armours can give you mods like :
- "% inc DEX"
- "Attacks have + #% inc crit chance"
- up to 12% inc max life !

Then, I use Perfect Fossil to get up to 30% quality. The more quality, the higher chances of getting 6 sockets and 6 links. I actually get 24% q.
Then I need 6 sockets. I pay 350 jewels to craft it with bench.
Now, I need 6 links. So I must spam fusing on it and be patient. And... I get 6-link after just 60 fus ! Beginner's luck, I guess, as you usually need 300-500 fus.

I may use Encrusted Fossils in the hope of getting some white sockets.

Then, I use 2 fossils :
* Serrated for "supported by lvl 1 Maim" mod and "- mana cost of attacks" mods
* Pristine for Life mods
3rd possible one : Sanctified, for higher lvl mods

I put them in a Potent or Powerful Resonator and pray for the God of RNG to smile on me.
Which he hasn't on my first try :

Third try is huge on life :

And if I'm extra lucky, I will have an open affix to craft smth more with the bench.

All fossil mods.

Where to find the fossils in Delve ?
Last edited by rahsaan on Sep 3, 2019, 6:56:51 AM
New video :
#16 : Delve boss, Kurgal the Blackblooded (depth 317)

In darkness, I will hear you scream, Kurgal.

Hope you enjoy :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info