Tank Templar - is it possible?

I tried some melee builds and find out, that no way i can tank any packs of mobs on 55+ maps. I tried invest skill points only in HP and armor, but this not help. How many armor do i need for 60+ maps? At now i think, that melee builds have no chance to compete with ranged builds.

P.s. Sorry for my english.
You can tank considerably well if you build for it and use pure armor equipment with a tower shield. Although I'm running Freezing Pulse, I'm almost always vulnerable in melee range due to wanting all my projectiles from GMP to hit the targets. It works quite well. I'm using Determination and Purity (which at max level caps my resist at 85% due to my build increasing buff effects).

Use Enfeeble on stronger packs, and sometimes you really might have to run around a bit (Undying Alchemists for instance, or Whipping Miscreations that curse you in the middle of a physical pack).

This build is what I'm using. I don't have more than 90 points spent right now, but it works very well for me. I hope this will give you an idea on how to be tanky as a templar.

EDIT: I'm also using Granites for tough physical packs, and Amethyst Flask if there are a lot of chaos damage popping about.
Last edited by Sarkilas on Mar 6, 2013, 9:12:55 AM
Thx for answer. I will try to tweak my build basing on your advices.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info