[3.6+3.7] Hasunics HoWA Moltenstrike CI Jugg | Uber Elder Farmer

"
nuubskilled wrote:
Hey Hasunic,

thanks for the great guide. Ive played this character as the third one this league, i started with a trapper and then swapped to a hopeshredder scion but because i felt like i lacked damage for singletarget i decided to try this one out and ive played over 100 hours on it already and love it.

i just now bought a watchers eye (18% mana ES and wrath bonus lightning) and a new ring that bumped me from 8k to almost 10k ES and i barely died before.

If you have some spare time on your hands could you look over my build and point out some things i could easily improve? i just started PoE 3 months ago and even though ive played and read a lot, im sure there still are things im missing :)

Looks very awesome! You have enough attack speed now in my opinion to make the build feel great.

Spend the currency needed to upgrade your support gems to realy make the build shine. it is worth the 100 GCPs imo not waiting to relevel them.

Maybe think about investing 5 points into Spiritual Aid, as it gives you 0.1 attack rate + 69% damage (If you spec through the minion damage nodes)

I am glad I could help with a fun build :) I hope you enjoyed it, and welcome again to PoE.
[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
So I switched to the cast when damage taken projectille weakness set up, instead of the ele weakness on gloves one, AND HOLY SHIT did the build completely turn around. I never thought that proj. weakness was so strong. I literally tanked 3 harbringers on a full diamond shrine and I just fucking blindly WB'ed into it.
While the damage is not as good as my previous LL arc build, the tankiness/damage ratio is out of this world.

Got any tips as to what I should work to next? Still haven't gotten around to getting my watchers eye. Not sure which one is better, the clarity es one or wrath inc damage (or wrath ele pen.).
Saw this build after I started the league and made a jugg bf lab farmer to hopefully farm up the helm enchant. About 40 full runs with twice enchanted later and my sanity ran out and unfortunately no enchant for me...

However, using my league starter I farmed up enough currency to buy a helm outright for 24ex with the enchant a week ago and used ~110 regrets to respec my lab farmer to this build.

I will say that this build is definitely not cheap (mainly due to helm enchant and watcher's eye), but it does seem like it can ramp up and/or be used as a league starter.

I've played MS builds in the past and have a few legacy +3 MS helms on Standard, but this is the first MS build I've really taken into endgame. With this build I've now cleared all game content including uber elder. My first uber elder run I did this morning and was done with 9.5k es at lvl 95. I only died once to bad ball placement (that makes this my 2nd uber elder kill ever). The last build I used to kill uber elder was Don's BF Champ and while the single target DPS was insane on that character, the fight was extremely difficult and I used all 6 portals to even kill it after 3 attempts. This build is far superior in terms of survivability and DPS. I can't recommend it more!

My Total Investment in this build:
Jewels: 12 ex
Body Armor: 3ex
400 es Shield: 3ex
Helm: 24ex
Rings: 4ex
Flasks: 2ex
Attack Speed Gloves: 1ex
+Flat Lightning Weapon: 1ex
Rest of gear: 3ex
Total Cost: 53ex
Mostly made creating and selling pure breachstones.

As I see a lot of comments and questions here I'll add some random notes I've learned while gearing up and playing the build which I don't feel are highlighted enough.

Your total es is complicated, keep in mind things like Int and flat es on jewels and gear makes a big difference. You don't need 12k es to make this build viable. I killed Uber elder with 9.5k without any issues. (get Hillock craft for armor +28% quality)

Attack speed is king on this build. If you're feeling like things are crap and not fun, it's probably because your attack speed is too low. Get 2 or more attack speed modifier jewels to combat this.

Yes things on this build are expensive. Work towards them, you don't need all the gear on this build to make it viable and do end game content. Having all the gear just makes things a bit easier.

Thanks for the awesome and fun MS build! Would definitely recommend it!
Last edited by Calgus on Jan 15, 2019, 4:31:17 PM
"
Calgus wrote:
Your total es is complicated, keep in mind things like Int and flat es on jewels and gear makes a big difference. You don't need 12k es to make this build viable. I killed Uber elder with 9.5k without any issues. (get Hillock craft for armor +28% quality)

How did you get 28% quality on your chest? I tried putting it in the hillock bench and it wouldn't let me saying "the item is not rare"
"
Joksee wrote:
"
Calgus wrote:

How did you get 28% quality on your chest? I tried putting it in the hillock bench and it wouldn't let me saying "the item is not rare"

Never seen that. Now the beastiary craft and fossil craft can only be on rares. But I've done the hillock Safehouse craft on several pieces of unique armor. I'm also referring to the Safehouse crafting bench, not the hideout crafting bench.
Calgus and joksee.

Thank you for all the kind words. I really appreciate them!

I am so glad you took the build in and really understood the essence of it.

The only thing I am sad about is that it has become so expensive to build now due to popularity.

It is by far the most fun build I have played myself. The combination of the high attack speed coupled with the whirling blades and survivability. I fear molten strike is going to get another nerf if Chris ever finds out :)

Best regards
[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
Did you use a multistrike support in your uelder video? I'm using ancestral call, but even when keeping distance and hitting the ground, I don't get nearly as much damage as you do in the video.
"
Joksee wrote:
Did you use a multistrike support in your uelder video? I'm using ancestral call, but even when keeping distance and hitting the ground, I don't get nearly as much damage as you do in the video.

i did not use multistrike in any of the videos.

I only used the showed links, otherwise it would be dishonest imo.

I also tried to make most videos with "regular" gear, and not the minmaxed version I have now.

If you are having trouble positioning yourself correctly with ancestral call, you need to practise this.

Ancestral call is way to OP against syndicates in this league, so it realy cannot be spared.

Furthermore the Melee range increases alot by using AC, thus it is easier to always hit the boss.

I still think I hit with like 1.7-1.8 multiplier with my AC, thus hitting with an extra 80% balls, and there are so many moves that makes Elder or Shaper stand still in the encounter.
So I'm 99% convinced, that if you don't have a +2 projectiles helm enchant - multistrike is much better vs bosses. AC is still #1 for map clear. So if you don't mind doing it for guardians/elder/shaper/delve bosses - switching is optimal. Again only if you don't have the helm enchant.

Edit. Okay just tried UElder with it, and the animation lock fucks you hard. Had to switch to AC midfight. Managed my first deathless UElder ever (haven't played since Legacy, so this is my first league fighting him).
Last edited by Joksee on Jan 16, 2019, 12:50:09 PM
since i have played a ES build just once, i used like 3-4ex to buy some stuff and test this build and is awesome!

But there is 2 things i'd like to ask you.

first, how do u get the frenzy charges? my aps is 3 atm and it feels realy slow, idk if i'm missing something but i did'nt saw anything about that in the unique itens.

second, could u have a look ou my character and help me with a priority line to upgrade my gear? i know thats a realy shitty gear, but idk the priority on upgrades to make rn because is my second ES based build and first howa.

right now with this shitty gear i'm able to slide thru red tier maps, facetank everything and obliterate the syndicate members.

thanks a lot!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info