[3.5] Ice Spear CoC Deadeye AKA Ice Laser (Cheap) (Endgame Viable) (Shaper DOWN)

Good job Holly. I think I saw your video before I found this detailed guide.

I tried this set-up:

From stuff I had lying around. Seems clunky versus my quick test of loreweave + stark ill post that set-up soon after I test it. Did Hydra pretty easy, much different playstyle than my old CoC which followed CheeQu's guide.

Thanks both of you for the inspiration.
"
Good job Holly. I think I saw your video before I found this detailed guide.

I tried this set-up:

From stuff I had lying around. Seems clunky versus my quick test of loreweave + stark ill post that set-up soon after I test it. Did Hydra pretty easy, much different playstyle than my old CoC which followed CheeQu's guide.

Thanks both of you for the inspiration.

Only thing I changed was added blood magic to my movement skills and Loreweave + Stark, then I went to kill shaper. Worked out well for only playing the build for about half hour.

Edit: If I can get into this build I will upgrade the Aspect of the Cat to spider in time, but I didnt have the craft available so I used Cat instead.
Last edited by Zacharygabriel10 on Feb 1, 2019, 1:02:17 AM
Many bosses are immune to chill. This means Hypothermia gives no bonus :( What do you think of swapping Hypothermia for Cold to Fire? I feel like Crit Support would just be OK but wouldn't add much since Ice Spear has such a high crit % anyway.
"
Ice Spear had been reworked to give huge single target potential with the abiliy to use all its projectiles to hit a single target.

Cast on Crit has also been buffed to have an internal cooldown lowered to 0.15s, allowing around 7 triggers per second.

Finally, the new skill Lancing Steel is the ideal way to trigger cast on crit as it has a long range and can hit the same target multiple times with a single attack.

Putting all these three together is a beast of a character launching up to 56 ice spears per second!

"
Same idea, different gear, 12 spears per use(80 per sec)
Fully Self buffed 44500 damage per spear (x80 is 3.5 milion dps)

I'm a newbie here, read much about mechanics of CoC. I just love bow and wanted to make some build on my own, doesn't have to be pro like yours.

And I have problem with understanding those 56 ice spears per second. Or 12 spears per Lancing Steel. I can't get this number however I try to fit it into CoC cooldown.

Can someone help where are those numbers from?
Just tried this build and switched to CoC + Ice Spear in Blood Aqueducts. However, I really have problems scaling the damage.

I am used to spell casters which are easy to scale with their % (elemental) spell damage modifiers on almost everything.

Did I understand it correctly that the damage of the weapon is not really important, but that Crit Chance and Attacks per Seconds are what matters?

Overall the build so far feels very clunky and slow.
"
petrofski23 wrote:
Many bosses are immune to chill. This means Hypothermia gives no bonus :( What do you think of swapping Hypothermia for Cold to Fire? I feel like Crit Support would just be OK but wouldn't add much since Ice Spear has such a high crit % anyway.

I belived they made a change that made most bosses not immune to chill. Shaper can be chilled for sure so I would still stick to hypothermia
"
Yamarin277 wrote:
"
Ice Spear had been reworked to give huge single target potential with the abiliy to use all its projectiles to hit a single target.

Cast on Crit has also been buffed to have an internal cooldown lowered to 0.15s, allowing around 7 triggers per second.

Finally, the new skill Lancing Steel is the ideal way to trigger cast on crit as it has a long range and can hit the same target multiple times with a single attack.

Putting all these three together is a beast of a character launching up to 56 ice spears per second!

"
Same idea, different gear, 12 spears per use(80 per sec)
Fully Self buffed 44500 damage per spear (x80 is 3.5 milion dps)

I'm a newbie here, read much about mechanics of CoC. I just love bow and wanted to make some build on my own, doesn't have to be pro like yours.

And I have problem with understanding those 56 ice spears per second. Or 12 spears per Lancing Steel. I can't get this number however I try to fit it into CoC cooldown.

Can someone help where are those numbers from?

cast on crit 7 triggers a second
8 projectiles per trigger (ice spear (2), gmp (4) dying sun (2) )
7 * 8 = 56
"
MNNoxMortem wrote:
Just tried this build and switched to CoC + Ice Spear in Blood Aqueducts. However, I really have problems scaling the damage.

I am used to spell casters which are easy to scale with their % (elemental) spell damage modifiers on almost everything.

Did I understand it correctly that the damage of the weapon is not really important, but that Crit Chance and Attacks per Seconds are what matters?

Overall the build so far feels very clunky and slow.

The build is clunky because you are hardly playing the build at all.
No cruel lab, no merc lab, no uber lab
Needs MUCH better weapons (high crit and atk speed like you mentioned)
you are using a 4 link
no flasks
not the right rings/amulet
wrong armour
etc..

However one of the biggest reasons is the low level of gems, only lvl 9 ice spear!
Last edited by Leysonic on Feb 20, 2019, 7:03:46 PM
@Leysonic Thanks!
I am playing SSF so therefore item progression simply is slower than in trade league :)

Weapons: How do I really rate them? As I can't simply go for the displayed DPS in the stat sheet I have troubles comparing different options. I've experimented with two 6%-7% crit axes which half the physical damage and while the attack speed was the same, the crit chance displayed for Lancing Steel was quite higher but it still felt like I was loosing a lot of damage. Likely also because I've additionally lost the value of the sword nodes.

What do you mean with "wrong armour"? Isn't Belly of the Beast purely survival based, or are you just referring to the 4L vs 6L problem? I am working on that.

Flasks: Are any of them mandatory for the build? I can see Atziri and Dying Sun add some punch to the build. I have never used Wise Oak before, is the 13% ice penetration that powerful?

Amulet: Oh, I thought the amulet would fit a COC build more than perfectly? Does the added crit chance not outweigh the negative crit modifier?

Rings: They are crap and solely used because I have a hard time capping the resistances with this character.

Don't get me wrong, I know I am far from what the build suggests as ideal, however compared to other builds It feels more difficult to transition into it (let's say Triple Herald Blade Vortex which is simply insanely easy to level and play even in SSF). I am merely asking for suggestions on how to get there easier in SSF.

At least the level of ice spear will increase on it's own :D

Edit: Also I should have phrased it differently. I don't think the build is clunky by design but it feels clunky for me at the moment (because I have a tough time transitioning into it).

Update: Just completed cruel lab and the added damage from Powerful Precision was really important. Now was able to do Kitava and while clearly lacking items overall it finally feels like enemies are dying when I hit them.
Last edited by MNNoxMortem on Feb 22, 2019, 4:39:34 AM
"
MNNoxMortem wrote:
@Leysonic Thanks!
I am playing SSF so therefore item progression simply is slower than in trade league :)

Weapons: How do I really rate them? As I can't simply go for the displayed DPS in the stat sheet I have troubles comparing different options. I've experimented with two 6%-7% crit axes which half the physical damage and while the attack speed was the same, the crit chance displayed for Lancing Steel was quite higher but it still felt like I was loosing a lot of damage. Likely also because I've additionally lost the value of the sword nodes.

What do you mean with "wrong armour"? Isn't Belly of the Beast purely survival based, or are you just referring to the 4L vs 6L problem? I am working on that.

Flasks: Are any of them mandatory for the build? I can see Atziri and Dying Sun add some punch to the build. I have never used Wise Oak before, is the 13% ice penetration that powerful?

Amulet: Oh, I thought the amulet would fit a COC build more than perfectly? Does the added crit chance not outweigh the negative crit modifier?

Rings: They are crap and solely used because I have a hard time capping the resistances with this character.

Don't get me wrong, I know I am far from what the build suggests as ideal, however compared to other builds It feels more difficult to transition into it (let's say Triple Herald Blade Vortex which is simply insanely easy to level and play even in SSF). I am merely asking for suggestions on how to get there easier in SSF.

At least the level of ice spear will increase on it's own :D

Edit: Also I should have phrased it differently. I don't think the build is clunky by design but it feels clunky for me at the moment (because I have a tough time transitioning into it).

for weapons you need atk speed and crit chance
so you would just pick weapons that attack really fast (1.8 attacks per second at least) and then weapons with high crit chance (7% crit chance at least)
therefore physical damage modifiers do nothing for the build and the tooltip is useless.

If you are SSF, then yes any armour for defense will do. But 5L is very important and the 6th link less so.

I would say flasks are mandatory for pretty much every build in the game (except summoners and such) since they are way too strong. Dying sun might be a bit hard to get but I would definitely go for atziri and wise oak flasks first.

The negative crit multi on the amulet is a total no go. I think if I wear no amulet I would do more damage than wearing that =(

A lot of this build is centred around ascendencies too so if you don't have them you're gonna feel pretty bad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info