[3.7] 😈🔥SELF IGNITING🙊ARMAGEDDON😵BRAND😵ELEMENTALIST⛈️⛷️ 💦ALL💦CONTENT💦COMPLETED💦

Hello, what do you think about using Kaom's for a body (using 6-linked staff)?
"
spanishplz wrote:

Exactly what I did, thank you! Level 30 so far. The build is really fun! I thought it wasn't going to be an active build but recalling and positioning make it really intense.

It is my starter build and I was wondering if picking str nodes early on the tree would affect too much my leveling experience. I don't have too much str on my gear and I can't upgrade Brand Recall. Feels like upgrading that gem would make the build even more fluid.

Thank you once again, for the build and your help.

Edit: Forgot to say that I'm using Storm Brand for leveling. No problems so far.

Yeah, dont shy away from picking up the big +30 str nodes, you can always respec later

"
Hello, what do you think about using Kaom's for a body (using 6-linked staff)?

Yeah that totally works, it will give you more survivability at the cost of some AOE. You'll also have to drop some gems.
hmm build seems super interesting. i've manage to build up about 10ex of currency on this EQ Slayer and I want to dump it into something else.

it's nice face tanking red maps because new fortify nodes are OP and armor is easy to get, but i need something more satisfying/quicker to play. don't get me wrong, the AoE on EQ is fucking nuts but it's a boring play style of jump>eq>jump>eq>vaal eq>run around, rinse and repeat.

think i'm gonna buy leveling stuff and just delete the slayer and dump the currency into this. taking a quick glance at poe.trade, i can afford a 6L Martyr and all uniques, can probably buy some super nice rares as well.

my question is, how tanky is this? obviously it's no armor build, so you can't just sit there and face tank, but are 1 shots pretty common? even though i'm sc, i can't stand dying whatsoever, i hate the xp loss.

other than that, this build seems super interesting and fun. i'm also a bit of a masochist and lighting my self on fire to burn things seems...kinky.
"
RyanTheNinja wrote:
hmm build seems super interesting. i've manage to build up about 10ex of currency on this EQ Slayer and I want to dump it into something else.

it's nice face tanking red maps because new fortify nodes are OP and armor is easy to get, but i need something more satisfying/quicker to play. don't get me wrong, the AoE on EQ is fucking nuts but it's a boring play style of jump>eq>jump>eq>vaal eq>run around, rinse and repeat.

think i'm gonna buy leveling stuff and just delete the slayer and dump the currency into this. taking a quick glance at poe.trade, i can afford a 6L Martyr and all uniques, can probably buy some super nice rares as well.

my question is, how tanky is this? obviously it's no armor build, so you can't just sit there and face tank, but are 1 shots pretty common? even though i'm sc, i can't stand dying whatsoever, i hate the xp loss.

other than that, this build seems super interesting and fun. i'm also a bit of a masochist and lighting my self on fire to burn things seems...kinky.

I rarely got one-shot when I was playing this build, but that was in 3.5, if anyones playing this in 3.7 I'd love to hear what you think of it
"
Introduction

Videos

T15 Shaped Pier Credit to Stressman: https://youtu.be/4nzunYEkpfM
Chimera Credit to Stressman: https://youtu.be/XPg7p4qQD_A
Minotaur Credit to Stressman: https://youtu.be/5Cpo-TnDHGU
Hydra Credit to Stressman: https://youtu.be/6Q_E0w6xcYs
Phoenix Credit to Stressman: https://youtu.be/quFLs3OMhW8
Shaper killed on a 5-link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eOzttJrkeM&feature=youtu.be

"
I love fire, it turns me on. It does, I don't know why, it just does

Oh shit you can use emojis in your title 😵

Why Self Ignite?
The combination of Mokou's Embrace, Eye of Innocence, and Martyr of Innocence gives us 70% increased damage, 20% increased cast speed, 2% life leech, and immunity to freeze and chill while ignited.

This build has defeated T15 Red Elder, Shaper, Uber Atziri, and all guardians, all on a 5-link, scroll down to see my thoughts on the fights. Uber Elder has been killed on a 6-link.

POB: https://pastebin.com/sdSZWvfy

ELEMENTALIST NERFS
Warlord's mark doesnt work and Beacon of Ruin has been Nerfed. As a result we now go Pendulum of Destruction, Mastermind of Discord, Liege of the Primordial, and Paragon of Calamity. We also path to Spritual Aid in the tree. This frees up one ring slot and Paragon of Calamity fixes our life leech void due to Warlord's Mark nerf. We also get reflect immunity which is nice. Only issue is mana which can be solved with the damage taken gained as mana craft. POB above has been updated
TLDR: Minor damage loss but build still works

Update Log is in a comment below.

Build Explaination
Spoiler

This build revolves around ignite. Not the damage from ignite, but the effects while we are ignited.

This build uses 3 main items:

Eye of Innocence will provide a source of self fire damage and more importantly, a 2% leech while ignited. This is our source of life regeneration and eliminates the need to run a curse such as warlords mark.

Mokou's Embrace allows us to ignite ourself by giving us a +25% chance to be ignited. It also provides some nice resists and 20% increased cast speed while ignited.

Both of these items are under 10c

Lastly, and least important is the Martyr of Innocence Staff. It is not necessary for the build but provides massive flat fire damage and 100% increased fire damage. It also gives us immunity to chill and freeze when ignited, which is always, so it frees up a flask slot. This weapon provides a massive DPS boost. A rare staff will ultimately outperform this weapon, see gear section for more info

Our movement skill is running and Flame Dash.

Defensively, we stack life and go take a few staff block nodes. We leech life from Eye of Innocence and Paragon of Calamity

Tree
Spoiler

For our tree we use a standard elemental overload spell caster tree

POB: https://pastebin.com/sdSZWvfy

Bandits, Pantheon, Ascendancy
Spoiler

Bandits: Kill All
Pantheon: Does not matter
Ascendancy: Pendulum of Destruction -> Mastermind of Discord -> Paragon of Calamity -> Liege of the Primordial

Gems
Spoiler

TLDR

Armageddon Brand - Combustion - Empower / Arcane Surge - Controlled Destruction - Faster Casting / Elemental Focus - Inc AoE / Conc. Effect

Only run empower if you have a + level gems staff

Flame Dash - Lightning Golem - Vaal RF - Scorching Ray

Orb of Storms - Unbound Ailments - Combustion - Inc AoE

Anger(Blasphemy - Warlord's Mark if you dont have a curse on hit warlord's mark ring) - Herald of Ash - Enlighten

CWDT - Inc. Duration - Vortex - Immortal Call

Brand Recall - Arcane Surge

Armageddon Brand is our main damage skill with solid flat fire damage in the gem. It also increases ignite damage but we don't worry about that, we use ignite as a utility to heal and boost damage.

Combustion adds damage against burning enemies, use orb of storms to apply burning if you are using elemental focus

Faster Casting speeds our clear significantly as it both decreases the cast time, but also increases the brand activation frequency

Immolate provides flat added fire damage against burning enemies

Controlled Destruction greatly increases our damage at the cost of critical strike chance, but we dont care, we just need to crit to proc elemental overload every once in a while. With 5 brands, we do not need additional crit chance.

The 6th link is up to you I would probably use Inc AOE for mapping, and Conc. Effect for bosses.

Swap faster casting for elemental focus for maximum damage against bosses. Keep in mind you cannot inflict elemental ailments so you rely on your orb of storms to inflict them.

Swap immolate for empower when you get a + levels staff.

Combustion ignites enemies and lowers fire resistance

Inc AOE makes the orb thicc- you can remove this in favour of Unbound ailments

Arcane Surge linked to Brand recall gives us access to an easy arcane surge as we will be constantly recalling our brands

Just the classic Vaal RF setup

A CWDT Immortal Call, you can link this to vortex

Herald of Ash Gives us fire damage, but more importantly 25% fire penetration. This is our only mana reserving skill.

Anger gives a significant damage boost and allows us to use an anger watcher's eye. Only use this if you have a curse on hit warlords mark ring otherwise run blasphemy - warlord's mark

Flame Dash is our primary movement other than running

Scorching Ray gives us something to do other than running away while our brands hit bosses, it also reduces the boss' fire resistance which is nice.

Lightning Golem gives us more cast speed for our brands.
Fire Golem gives us more damage

Gear
Spoiler

The only required gear are Eye of Innocence and Mokou's Embrace, Martyr of Innocence is optional but provides a massive DPS boost.

This build does not need much to get started, just focus on capping resists and stacking life. The most expensive piece in the following gear is the Carcass Jack which I bought at 30c.
Spoiler

Note: craft added cold damage to your ring for hypothermia. A great craft is the adds lightning and cold damage which adds cold and lightning damage to your brand letting it chill and shock. You can also get this damage from abyss jewels.

Weapon
Spoiler

Start off with a singularity until you can afford a Martyr of Innocence. The Martyr of Innocence will be more than enough damage to carry you through all content. However, if you want to get the maximum damage a rare + level multimod staff will ultimately give you the maximum damage. I went with spell damage/extra chaos, cast speed, and chance for double damage. Note that some of these crafts are not available any more.

Helmet
Spoiler

A rare helm with resists and life is fine. For maximum damage look for a helm with spell damage and reduced enemy resistance. I fossil crafted mine with 3 socket resonaters with pristine, prismatic, and scorched.

Body Armour
Spoiler

A carcass jack gives you about +3 AoE radius for armageddon brand. Look for max rolls on life and AoE. Don't worry too much about area damage as the damage boost is minimal compared to the increase in cost.

Gloves
Spoiler

A rare glove with life and resistances works just fine, but if you want some damage you can look for some cast speed on the glove.

Boots
Spoiler

Again, look for a rare pair of boots with movement speed, life, and resistances. Movement speed feels really good for this build as brand recall is instant so you dont need to stop to deal damage. If you have the currency you can look for a +1 pair of boots socket in enlighten - empower - HoA - Anger.

Belt
Spoiler

Look for life and resistances. For damage, look for fire damage, elemental damage, and open prefixes so you can craft increased damage.

Ring
Spoiler

Mokou's Embrace is mandatory as it enables you to be ignited. It also provides a solid 20% increased cast speed while ignited.

Your second ring can be whatever you want. Fill your resists and get as much life as possible. Look for damage last

Amulet
Spoiler

Eye of innocence gives fire damage leeched as life while ignited and deals fire damage to you.

Flasks

Cinderswallow Urn and The Wise Oak are both great. Other than those two, run whatever utility flasks you want.

Spoiler

Thoughts on Endgame Bosses
Spoiler

Shaper
Spoiler

Killed on a 5-link, this fight was incredibly easy. Shapers attacks are all very telegraphed and with brands all you need to do is attach them, so the fight involved casting a few times and just running around. The brands did very respectable damage to Shaper.

Uber Atziri
Spoiler
Killed on a 5-link, this fight was the most difficult of the 3 endgame fights I have done. The two fights leading up to Atziri are arguably harder than Atziri though. The Vaal Omnitech's ball lightning covers most of the screen and hurts a lot. For the trio, attach your brands and run in circles around the arena - this is honestly very stressful. For Atziri, the only think you should worry about is the split phase, as if you hit the mirror one you will kill yourself. My strategy was to look for the spear or blue hand one and recall all my brands to that location - recalling is very important as you do not want stray brands. Dont worry too much about casting during this phase as the brands should be able to kill before they vanish. One other thing to watch out for is bleed. I get rid of wise oak and my quartz flask in favour of 2 more anti-bleed flasks.

T15 Elder
Spoiler

Killed on a 5-link, the shaper phase was incredibly smooth as the adds allow armageddon brand to attach which mean all 5 brands can be attacking a portal at once which is massive DPS. Flame dash allows us to get out of Elder's slow pretty consistently. The brand play style allows us to be very mobile as lets us focus on dodging. I would say the fight was a bit more difficult than the shaper fight.

Uber Elder
Spoiler
Killed on a 6-link, may try again with a 5-link. The fight itself was not bad, as brands we can just attach our brands and run around. The lag during the fight was terrible and it felt like a slideshow at times. I changed my gem links for maximum damage during this fight: Armageddon Brand - Conc Effect - Hypothermia - Immolate - Controlled Destruction - Elemental Focus. Elemental focus makes it so that we cannot ignite or shock with our brands so we rely on our orb of storms to inflict the ignites and shocks.

MOM

Thanks for reading, have a good day!

PS. If anyone has any videos of this build in action, I would be very thankful. Sadly my laptop has a hard time running POE as is so I have zero recording capabilities.

Special thanks to stressman for the gameplay videos
why you have hypothermia in one set up of links but no explanation why you are useing it. Bit lower in the guide u dont have it linked all? Just wondering the purpose of the gem ?
"
why you have hypothermia in one set up of links but no explanation why you are useing it. Bit lower in the guide u dont have it linked all? Just wondering the purpose of the gem ?

Thanks, I removed it. I swapped out hypothermia due to the prolif being removed from Beacon of Ruin
Hello new player from PS4 here, so far i have enjoyed a lot this build and thank you for it.
My question is why did you pick Minion Nodes at the passive tree ?
"
Hello new player from PS4 here, so far i have enjoyed a lot this build and thank you for it.

The minion node Spiritual Aid gives the increases and reductions to minion damage to you.
"
"

The minion node Spiritual Aid gives the increases and reductions to minion damage to you.

Oh i see, also is there any effective way to farm for the eye amulet and the staff ? Cause here on PS4 they are a bit expensive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info