3.5 Archetype Cold DoT Occultist | league starter | Uber Elder deathless | every mod and boss

"
TotemLols wrote:
Hi, this build looks extremely interesting to me! I am considering starting to level an occulist in the upcoming week.

Did you level using cold snap or freezing pulse?

As for the use of Artic Breath, do you use this for clearing as well or purely cold snap with vortex?

Final question: Does frost bomb have a use for this build or seeing you manage to get -95% resist it's useless?

1 I did level with Freezing Pulse until it became absolutely garbage against elder

2 Arctic Breath is the utility skill for applying Bonechill. Either Cold Snap or Vortex is good enough for clearing depending on your preference between melee and ranged

3 Frost Bomb -25% is included in -95% and it is of minor importance being linked with CwDT
"
boho wrote:
The build has gone well for me thusfar Arthur, well done! I changed a couple things for personal preference/leveling but overall it's a solid performer.

One question about Elemental Equilibrium - I've been using Herald of Ice it seems to interfere with EE when used with Storm Brand (since Storm Brand applies Lightning and Cold, targets get Cold and Lightning resist every tick). Am I missing a mechanic/trusting the UI too much or would Herald of Lightning (or no Herald) be a better option?

To be fair you don't mention a Herald in the guide but I did notice one in PoB.

DO NOT add flat damage of your main skill to spell when you have Ele Equi Keystone, including Herald/gear/Abyssal jewels. You can however put Orb of Storm/Brands in

which is the popular choice this league after buff

The thing in my POB is the gem I level in offhand
I'm trying this build as my first ever PoE build.

One question - I seem to struggle with str/dex while leveling - am I missing something?
"
JESDORPH wrote:
I'm trying this build as my first ever PoE build.

One question - I seem to struggle with str/dex while leveling - am I missing something?

2 pairs of Str/Dex alongside to make up for attr req, or grab an Astramentis once and for all
Thanks for the reply!

Another question.

I'm currently lvl 34 and I seem to have access to all the gems used in this build now.

How would I combine the gems most efficiently with the noob gear that I have?

I currently don't have a chest with 6 sockets etc.

Kind regards.
"
JESDORPH wrote:
Thanks for the reply!

Another question.

I'm currently lvl 34 and I seem to have access to all the gems used in this build now.

How would I combine the gems most efficiently with the noob gear that I have?

I currently don't have a chest with 6 sockets etc.

Kind regards.

In the gem session support gems are listed in the order of high to low more damage at lv 20. At low lv they are about the same, 6 link chest Tabula Rasa is available from lv 1 :)
Hi Arthur606, trying to play ur build and have a question, is Emower lvl 3 in Skin of the Loyal Simple Robe will be better when conc effect 20 lvl 20% quatly? Because in order to tooltip not this not worth on start mapping with lower what 4-5k es in Skin of the Loyal Simple Robe, better choise will be some vaal regalia with good rolls i know it is more currency when Skin of the Loyal Simple Robe but, so this is my question, anyway ty for good build, have to said very fun play throught and sad to say i choose differt buil for my starter in this league, and what can i say BV play-style is not for me :(
"
Drakonorum wrote:
Hi Arthur606, trying to play ur build and have a question, is Emower lvl 3 in Skin of the Loyal Simple Robe will be better when conc effect 20 lvl 20% quatly? Because in order to tooltip not this not worth on start mapping with lower what 4-5k es in Skin of the Loyal Simple Robe, better choise will be some vaal regalia with good rolls i know it is more currency when Skin of the Loyal Simple Robe but, so this is my question, anyway ty for good build, have to said very fun play throught and sad to say i choose differt buil for my starter in this league, and what can i say BV play-style is not for me :(

lv 4 empower in +1 gear is the highest support by 1% for the specific stats of that build, and I said the support from the list are close enough to choose at will

6 link vaal regalia from Div card is still 1.5ex now. Of course a lot is better if you can afford
I have two questions since im not that good with items and crafting stuff.

My first question is regarding the chest, what would be the best? skin of the lords with the sockets you posted or a vaal regalia?

My other question is the rare Cold DOT Staff. Was it crafted with the help of fossils or just RNG'd with drop or chaos.

Thanks in Advance.
Hi, is this build same as ZiggyD's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OKAnJKSISE&t=382s ?

If not, then which 1 is more tankier?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info