Best HC Build for Survivablity? Share your knowledge please!

Hi all,

New to POE this season.

Just finished grinding to level 78 Hardcore Betrayal using Enki's Arc Witch build. Very well constructed build IMO, so much so that I was able to get through all acts without dying (and all content was new/unknown to me including boss mechanics). Ended up dying in a Tier 2 rare map, my own fault for not kiting and flasking appropriately - although my life dropped really fast...

Anyhow, I'm wondering if there's a go-to build based around Hardcore and survivability. I noticed a lot of the top HC ladder Witch players are Occulists. Where I understand that killing quickly = survivability in it's own right, it seemed my build was 1 shotting everything and taking down bosses quickly. Enki's build has a ton of damage mitigation built in, but I'm wondering if there's a build out there that prioritizes staying alive first over anything else. I think I could have sacrificed some dps to keep me alive longer or help survive those scenarios where you could get 1-2 shot otherwise.

Links to builds? Note... Posting this in Witch forum as it's the only character I've created, however if the tankiest hero isn't a witch and you have a link, let me know.

Feel free to look at my now dead character in my profile as well lol.

Thank you!
Last edited by Njoy44 on Dec 16, 2018, 3:37:41 PM
Last bumped on Dec 16, 2018, 4:42:47 PM
Essence Drain trickster. With double curse (enfeeble + temporal chains on blasphemy). I cleared whole HC content with it.

Stopped playing it becouse i was bored. Didnt die. Cleared all maps and all content except uber elder, chayula and uber atziri.

Build is kinda satisfying. Contagion + essence drain and dance around while whole screen dies. Boss fights are without pressure becouse you dont have to apply constant attacks - you just hit essence drain once in a while.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info