Thunder ballz - Ball lightning tank, good DPS, all content done, example vids - Elementalist/Slayer

NOTE: This is not expensive for about 1M DPS, my gear is more expensive but I get to over 2M shaper DPS on a nova.

• IMy game skills are not that good as I played PP Indigon for the past three leagues so just take the basic ideas from the videos.
  • This build got a nice clear speed, as the movement is fast but this is mostly some kind of a wired melee build, with some ranged capabilities

Videos
Hall of grandmasters - just to prove the defenses https://youtu.be/3m4X2W89YzE

Chimera fight (again, sorry for the low gaming skills) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qZlmLSdD-4&feature=youtu.be

Maze of the minotaur run - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RopZ5_AF4I&feature=youtu.be

Random fortification encounter t15 rippy mods - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5Ciq_uU7cQ&feature=youtu.be

Hydra run - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ0UxMgT-xQ&feature=youtu.be

Safehouse run lvl 83 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJGWLcKD5ss&feature=youtu.be

I may make more if there is a demand for that
Pros and Cons
[+] High DPS (about 2.6 million*)
[+] Very good Defenses
[+] Nice clear Speed
[+] Can do all map mods
[+] Fun to Play
[-] Build is not cheap for very high DPS
[-] Maps with 90% chance to ignore alignment are challenging
[-] It's a melee play style
[-] Capping resists with good jewels can be hard, so you may need to loose some life or damage at the start

*With my current setup. DPS calculation thanks to PoB and ball lightning calculator from the wiki I reach over 2.5M Shaper DPS.

Build Mechanics
This build is built on a high damage spell that hits many times per target (Ball lightning) as we are making this a MoM that loses damage for the passive points investment, and also we are getting life and mana on hit so this is our perfect skill.

To gain life on hit for spells we need 3 items:

The ring doesn't have to have assassins mark, the ring life on hit max roll is the only one that is important and the Watcher's eye just needs the LoH.

To get the mana "on hit" we need:

You don't need the enchantment at the start, but get it with max mana roll if you can.

To get power charges you can have one of the next possibilities:

I use two Shimmerons, but I used only one before getting the corrupted one, the power charge when spending 200 mana works fine, and I still have it on my X, to charge up before hard bosses.

P.S
As we are playing with Slayer leech, and we are MoM, the damage from the Shimmerons are not an issue.

To be fast and furious I use this combination:

As I never get to low mana for too long (the mind of the counsil is keeping us at max mana 99% of the time), and as I also use

In a hard fights, we always have onslaught with high effect (40% on my roll to movement and cast speed).

My gear + Explanations

NOTE: My gear is very high level, but I will explain what you can use on a more modest budget that will still allow you to complete all content.

Quick Text:
  • Mind of the council
  • Shimmeron + rare wand with power charge on spending mana or two Shimmerons
  • Ngamahu's sign
  • Rare shaper ring with life on hits for spells
  • Daresso's defience
  • Rare Amulet with open suffix for vaal pact on focus craft
  • Command of the pit or rare gloves with life, mana and resists
  • Rare stygian belt with life and resists
  • Dance of the offered

SWAP for power charges if you got two Shimmerons:
  • Any rare shaper wand with mana when spending 200 mana

Gear Explained

This is the build's tanking mana item, it's one of the most important items for this build to work.

-

If you can't get a Shimmeron with this corruption get a regular one + a rare shaper wand with some good modifiers like spell crit, cast speed, spell damage and flat lightning damage for spells.

-

This ring may look like a waste, but it's keeping us alive at hard encounters for we are igniting with most of our hits (we are crit that always ignites and also we have with this ring a total of 15% chance to ignite on a none critical strike, and each ball hits 10-20 times over 3 sec, do the math.

-

On the other ring, we want life, mana (the new craft of life and mana is great to get what we want), life on hit with spells (try to get as close to 15 as you can). Also, if you can have some resists and assassin's mark on hit it will be perfect.

-

On the amulet, you will want life, mana, and an open suffix for the Vaal pact craft, when encountering bosses, focusing gives you a lot of regeneration that will stay for a while as we are leeching as slayers. Also, try to get some cast speed or crit multi with it.

-

My belt is not that good, but this is all I needed to cap resists.

-

This is not a must, rare gloves with life and resists will make it cheaper and easier to cap resists.

-

As we will never be on low mana, this is our best item for boots, it doesn't have life, but it has mana, that is also important.

-

This is why I use the boots, getting it 6L and with 100% effect is hard, but 5L + 80%+ roll will work just fine. Note that chromatics average for this is 1000 by the calculator. You can use a 4 blue and 2 Green and just use added cold and not empower like I do.

-

On your SWAP (when you press X), I use this to gain power charges:

Flasks

1st-3rd Flask: These are the DPS flasks, the dying sun is not a must but it's making sure that our hits per ball are maxed. The Diamond flask must be immune to curse flask.

4th Flask: The zoom zoom flask, important for clear speed

5th-6th Flask: I use the unique mana flask mostly, you may want to use the life flask of unti-bleeding for corrupting blood, I'm still trying to get a jewel that will solve this for me
Jewels

The last three are a huge defensive and offensive boost but are more expensive. On the rare ones you will want life, mana, cast speed if you crited recently as higher casts per sec are keeping us safer with the life and mana on hit mechanics that we are using.
Gem Links

6L: Ball lightning + Lightning penetration + controlled destraction + Slower projectiles + Spell echo + Empower (3+) / Added cold

• You can remove Slower projectiles and put Lesser multiple projectiles for clearing to make it faster
  • Every 2 casts cost you mana due for spell echo
  • Your 6th link is Empower 4 at the top gear, better than all the rest

4L: Lightning golem + Ice golem + CWDT (20) + flame dash (21)

• This setup allows you to have the golems most of the time on hard bosses, also, the flame dash need to be one level higher than the CWDT or you will not choose when to cast it

4L: CWDT (1) + Immortal call (1) + firestorm (1) + blood rage (1)

• When you use this setup you get when you are hit a lot of life and mana from the firestorm and a lot more life regen from the pantheon Arakaali, and some physical damage immunity for some time as we get endurance charge on kill from the chest

2L-4L: Vitality + Enlighten (3) / choose it yourself if you got more links

• This is our only aura and we need to reduce the cost as we are MoM and this is our pool of life
  • If you got more links you can put a Rallying cry to boost your damage

3L: CWDT (1) + Orb of storms (1) + Blind (20)

• This setup gives you blind, life and mana on damage taken as orb of storm attack fast for us, as we got high cast speed

3L: Vaal righteous fire + Vaal grace + Increased duration

• these are our nova skills, boosts out damage and defense
Bandits

MUST: Eramir/Kill All (+2 Passives)
Pantheons

Must Major: Soul of Arakaali (Life recovery, DoT reduction and more)
Recommended Minor: Soul of Garukhan (100% uptime of 5% chance to evade and better movement speed while mapping).
Optional Minor: Soul of Ralakesh (Good if you play like me without bleeding flask))
Passives
You start from the Scion and after you do uber lab you change the tree, I will give here three timelines.

The passives are as follows:

Lvl 62; Before Mercyless lab and at act 9.

After you take the path of the witch (uber lab points) this will be the tree at level 86 : Lvl 86

If you can afford two Might of the meek and an Unnatural instinct jewels, this will be your level 93 tree: Lvl 93

If you got two Shimmerons, this is the better skill tree at level 93 tree: Lvl 93
Path of Building Paste Bin
https://pastebin.com/E6jPvbDb - DPS is before 10% shock and culling strike, also, this is the link to see how much DPS we have: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rz9F8-PfsijZ_kNUNWURiRQabMCRbuaVGaLTie_oLDw/edit?usp=sharing
Final Thoughts and Considerations

This build is fun and relaxing, with all the rippy things in this league. I killed Uber Elder but after 5 sets and died 4 times before killing him, not the build's fault!!! I play bad :/ Self-cast is not as amazing as a trigger, but it's working :)

NOTE TO ALL:

I didn't do a build guide for some time, so I'm sorry for my English, and also maybe after having everything I want in this game but BoTW, maybe this will be interesting enough.

T H A N K Y O U F O R R E A D I N G

IGN: BL_SC_broken_heart

Big thanks to CantripN that made me think about this build
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
Last edited by rel4us on Dec 17, 2018, 6:19:12 PM
Last bumped on Feb 17, 2019, 12:48:58 PM
Thanks for the build, it looks great! ^_^
Thank you :)

I updated the skill tree for level 93 with two shimmerons
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
After seeing it in action - build is certainly baller. Facetanking the world sure is fun :)
i'm following your build and lvl 91 now, although i go with Inquisitor because "unnatural instinct" jewel is too much currency for me. its been enjoyable so far.

Is ngamahu's sign a better ring than using dual ring with "15+ LGoH for each enemies hit by your spell"? the mechanism of recover life when u ignite an enemy is confusing, what about when u face single target boss with high life, is it better to recover 30 life when ignite enemies or 30+ LGoH on hit by spell using dual shaper ring with decent life roll?

thank you for the build. :))
Last edited by akuinginterbang on Jan 22, 2019, 7:47:49 PM
"
i'm following your build and lvl 91 now, although i go with Inquisitor because "unnatural instinct" jewel is too much currency for me. its been enjoyable so far.

Is ngamahu's sign a better ring than using dual ring with "15+ LGoH for each enemies hit by your spell"? the mechanism of recover life when u ignite an enemy is confusing, what about when u face single target boss with high life, is it better to recover 30 life when ignite enemies or 30+ LGoH on hit by spell using dual shaper ring with decent life roll?

thank you for the build. :))

you are welcome, my friend :D

About the ring, if you get a GG ring, I'm still not sure it's worth it to dump 20% of the life on hit, as it's part of your main protection and DPS is ok, life pool is also ok, so this helps the most IMO.

My OCD is getting worst since i play this build!
"

My OCD is getting worst since i play this build!

lol that is a good one :D you did my day

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info