[3.5.0] Bat_boy's Wildstrike Poison Crit Life Leech Assassin!

EDIT!:

To clarify, wildstrike itself can only poison if you attack volkuur's guidance (which makes cold damage poison - and so wildstrike'e elemental cold hit and cold projectiles poison). Also, Volkuur's works with herald of ice, which is used in this build for that purpose. IT adds cold damage to all your attacks and spells, therefore, wildstrike's attacks now all apply poison (as long as you have Volkuur's guidance equipped).

The end-game gear for this that hasn't been shown in either PoB set-ups are:
The taming (At least 1) - for elemental damage scaling from ailments on enemies and: Volkuur's Guidance

UPDATE!
Thanks to vejket from Reddit for perfecting the build at level 90.

He basically corrected some pathing in the tree, and updated the ilvl 50 to 60 gear to appropriate gear ilvl for a level 90.

VOILA! VERY NICE! Looks like it's Shaper Viable/Shaper Farmer:

https://pastebin.com/Vf1Z7u5A = pastebin for the modified and updated level 90 tree for this build thanks to vejket

If you have PoB, go to that link, copy whats in the box and past it in the import section of Path of Building "Import Builds" area and done!!!

============================================================================

Hi everyone, it's Bat_Boy :D
I have something neat to share with you all today :)

Link to reddit to see Path of Building: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/a6me2i/wildstrike_assassin_poison_life_leech_crit_build/

Some of you may know me on the forums as the wildstrike freak/addict, or on Mathil's stream as that too, well yea.... I LOVE wildstrike and on my main on std I destroy everything with it. It's such a visually nice skill, I love the colours, the way it works, the way it translates my beloved assassin to a melee elemental God. I have been using WS as my main skill since I don't know when (when it was first released?).

Ok, so for Betrayal, I first levelled up with reave + poison duo-claws to get to level 70 but then against the syndicate I found it was annoying sometimes (really good at fortifications and research labs, suck at transportation and intervention) since it was close melee basically and the later two require so much frickin movement.

So, with the gear I had (all rares, with the exception of carnage heart - DOPE for life leech builds imo) and my lucky Dialla chest, I decided to switch from reave to wildstrike (my favourite skill!) yea!

So far, from 70 to 71, it was a PIECE OF CAKE! Syndicate fights are a joke (I can SS one of syndicate screens to see how ive set up fortification with Wildstrike now to literally destroy 3-4 syndicate members at once).

5 THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND!!!! when looking at the tree/effective dps/in combat/buffed etc... tool

1. The build on PoB ws manually increased from LEVEL 71 (CURRENT LEVEL) to LEVEL 90 (so that I can show you what I will be pathing too eventually once I hit 90).
2. Also, it is using the gear I currently am wearing AS A LEVEL 71!!! So, feel free to modify the gear appropriately at level 90 (like for example, include ilvl 80 rares if you want instead of the gear I have to see how big of a difference it will make).
3. Keep in mind it is based off a 5-LINK, with the gems NOT being 20/20. Once I 6 link, It will be all 20/20.
4. MOST IMPORTANTLY: Once the gems are 6 linked and all 20/20, I will try to aim for the +10% quality and +1 level colours so green and red sockets on DIALLA's) to get them to be either 21/20 or 20/30 Gems.
5. You can MODIFY THE ABOVE IN POB IF YOU WANT!!!! I did not do ANY modifications other than add more skill points (equivalent to level 90).

Thank you for reading! If you have any constructive feedback dont hesitate to share and critique, that's the only way I learn!

PICS AT LEVEL 71 (IN SPOILER) :D, 5 LINK not 6 LINK yet.
Spoiler

Curly_Femboy, Level 95 Seismic/Exsang Saboteur (Scourge SC)
TakeCareOfMeDaddy, Level 97 Seismic/Exsang Saboteur (Expedition SC)
Bat_boy, Level 94 Wild Strike Assassin (Standard)
Last edited by Robin99 on Dec 17, 2018, 10:06:59 PM
Last bumped on Jan 1, 2019, 7:24:28 AM
Thanks to vejket from Reddit for perfecting the build at level 90.

He basically corrected some pathing in the tree, and updated the ilvl 50 to 60 gear to appropriate gear ilvl for a level 90.

VOILA! VERY NICE! Looks like it's Shaper Viable/Shaper Farmer.

https://pastebin.com/Vf1Z7u5A = pastebin for the modified and updated level 90 tree for this build thanks to vejket

If you have PoB, go to that link, copy whats in the box and past it in the import section of Path of Building "Import Builds" area and done!!!
Yay finally some love for Wild Strike. I really love the skill, I will try your setup =)
I'm confused, how does this work with poison? Since 100% of the phys from wild strike gets converted to elemental damage, doesn't that mean that the main skill for this build can't actually poison?
"
SuckMyAsthma wrote:
I'm confused, how does this work with poison? Since 100% of the phys from wild strike gets converted to elemental damage, doesn't that mean that the main skill for this build can't actually poison?

Correct. Wildstrike is a beast on its own, and I was looking to make it viable for late game by adding a leech mechanism/ailment damage bonus augmentation to it. If you equip Volkuur's guidance, your cold damage can poison, and thus wildstrike's cold hit and cold projectiles, as well as herald of ice can apply poison to your enemies. In fact, having herald of ice with Volkuur's guidance will allow all of your attacks to poison the enemy, but the poison will only be from the cold portion and any physical portion from the hit.

This build turns to poison for the assassin's advantage with life leech as well as the high crit offered for having those nice shatters and explosions with wildstrike (so it combines two with two). Also, the other ailments from wildstrike help amplify the assassin's overall damage if you equip any unique item - such as the taming (see my main character for example) to your gearset. In this case, your main skill can now apply 5 ailments (shock, ignite, chill, freeze, poison), with life leech reaching about 3.5 to 4.0 k per second. Essentially, the life leech makes you be able to sustain your ailment infliction, and thus amplyify your damage. In PoB, the damage can go well up to 400 k dps in combat against ONE boss as long as you have a lot of stacks of poison as well as different ailments on the boss. In a situation where you have many non-boss mobs such as a pack of rares, etc... you can reach well over a 1 million in combat dps.

Oh, that completely makes sense, thanks so much dude
Build looks interesting, i'm looking for good poison melee build for long time. But how's survivability overall, too stressful to play?
Last edited by OrKToS on Jan 1, 2019, 6:34:28 AM
Survivability is ok to be honest with you.

I am trying to make it consistently viable, but I am having a little bit of trouble getting life stats, which really is because of the gear lacking a lot of life, not the tree.

Currently, I am using a 6-link Cherrubim's maleficence and it's pretty good. With double the taming and astramentis as well.

If I swap out Astra for an amulet that has like 90+ life, and swap my belt for one with 99 life (I have one), then I hit 5.4 k hp comfortably.

Which I think will make this build soar.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info