Anger

I used this gem in the public weekend and the thing I didn't like about it was how close you have to be to give the effects to your allies. I was a murader and my friend was a ranger but he had to stand basically next to me to get its fire effect. For any ranged/melee class combo, the skill needs to have a bigger radius, otherwise you get more damage from stuff like infernal blow. However, I do like the idea of aura skills like Anger and I am sure the developers will continue to balance and tweak the skill as the beta goes on.
Hey, I had a blast with the open weekend aswell - and have a small suggestion to Anger (probably the same with all auras).

Make them stay activated when you enter a new area, I constantly forgot to activate it and since it isn't a duration based buff but a permanent aura - it should stay on when you walk from XXXX level 1 to XXXX level 2.

Would also be cool to have them in town aswell, though I do understand if this would not be implemented due to the towns being public areas with loads of different characters. But then auto-activation once leaving a town would be neat.

Oh, and absolutely genious way of making it "lock" mana, so it's not just totally "free" ;)

And stay awesome developers!
IGN's:
Nemesis: "Stocktons". HC: "Magomedrasul" & "Stockton".
"
Struyk wrote:
Does it work with Increased Weapon Elemental Damage or Added Fire Damage? As it increases my Weapon's Elemental Damage/Fire Damage?

I didn't see any improvement to Anger when slotting with a +Weapon Elemental Damage support gem, during the public weekend. Didn't try with a flat +x Elemental Damage supporter.
"
Struyk wrote:
Does it work with Increased Weapon Elemental Damage or Added Fire Damage? As it increases my Weapon's Elemental Damage/Fire Damage?

And what exactly do you mean with count as gems? They are already fire/cold and lightning gems?

1. The +damage from an aura can't be improved directly (aka support gems won't do anything). However, the effects of an aura will be modified by each individual players +elemental damage.

2. The change to their classification refers specifically to item mods that increase the level of a gem of a specific type ("+1 to lightning gem levels on this item").
"
Khallim wrote:
"
Struyk wrote:

I didn't see any improvement to Anger when slotting with a +Weapon Elemental Damage support gem, during the public weekend. Didn't try with a flat +x Elemental Damage supporter.

That is because Anger is not an active skill to be supported by weapon elemental support. However if you have anger active and add the weapon elemental support to Cleave per se you will see an increase in the fire damage done by the attack. Weapon elemental damage support will increase the added fire damage from Anger but not if it is linked to the aura... needs to be linked to an active skill.
A couple of questions about these support gems that reserve a percentage of mana.

With Blood Magic, is it simply converted to (for example) 40% of total health from 40% of mana? Continuing from that, if you have multiple aura gems reserving 70% of your health (in this example), does the game consider you to be low health? Would it then be possible to have 100% uptime on Pain Attunement?
"
westenskow wrote:
A couple of questions about these support gems that reserve a percentage of mana.

With Blood Magic, is it simply converted to (for example) 40% of total health from 40% of mana? Continuing from that, if you have multiple aura gems reserving 70% of your health (in this example), does the game consider you to be low health? Would it then be possible to have 100% uptime on Pain Attunement?
Yes and Yes
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
westenskow wrote:

Yes and Yes

And I'm speculating that Pain Attunement is so far from any lifestealing passives for this or a similar reason? Sad panda.
"
westenskow wrote:
And I'm speculating that Pain Attunement is so far from any lifestealing passives for this or a similar reason? Sad panda.

It is only 13 points away from the first Soul Raker passive.

This is actually a bug report concerning all Auras,

if I change say my Neck so I get increased stats on a Witch to be able to use Anger and Wrath and then I change my neck so that my strength actually wouldn't allow Anger it is still on my Witch and will boost accordingly, is this supposed to be this way or is it a bug?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info