[3.10] LIfe based Essence Drain/Bane Occultist - PewAndRun {Budget and LL}

Hi guys, this guide will be updated for 3.6 and tested with new chaos skills
"
givemelight wrote:
I'm taking personal interest in this type of build.. Especially with the upcoming Soul rend spell, which seems a lot like Essence drain without the need to cast Contagion to spread (projectiles pierce all targets, and make small aoe)

So I'm building it into CI Occultist.. ES should be +10k with small investment, and dps will skyrocket after getting a crafted wand.

We still don't have gem details released before next league, but I have something like this in mind:
https://pastebin.com/NgcM91vX

it gives you raw idea, and it shows +320k shaper dps for essence drain. I'm betting it would be even more for Soul Rend, but we gotta see!

Hi, that's a great damage for ci and end game, you could start as HP and respec for end game to CI. I would love to try all of new chaos spells, they look great. GL you in new league =D
"
Stahlhand wrote:
Have you had a chance to compare this build to the new patch notes?

From what I've seen there doesn't seem to be any loss in power rather it looks like this build will only be stronger.

+20% damage buff for essence drain at lvl 20, and also new auro whichs gives 20% more damage over time, we got only buffs this league bois =D
"
N3_PH wrote:
Will this be updated for synthesis?

Hi, some new info and POB for 3.6 added, also after the league start will be more stuff.
Last edited by Desire61 on Mar 7, 2019, 8:59:36 AM
E: I somehow thought that it"s required to have Endurance Charges to use Immortal Call..

Hi, can you explain the Defensive Setup and how do you gather Endurance Charges as an Occultist?

I'd like to use your setup as it was such a cool mechanic on my previous character, a Juggernaut in the previous League. But the point is that Juggernaut as a specialization was built around gathering Endurance Charges and on Occultist you don't have these passives available.

Does this Defensive Setup really work with much less charges available?
Last edited by dragothica on Mar 12, 2019, 7:29:06 AM
"
dragothica wrote:
E: I somehow thought that it"s required to have Endurance Charges to use Immortal Call..

Hi, can you explain the Defensive Setup and how do you gather Endurance Charges as an Occultist?

I'd like to use your setup as it was such a cool mechanic on my previous character, a Juggernaut in the previous League. But the point is that Juggernaut as a specialization was built around gathering Endurance Charges and on Occultist you don't have these passives available.

Does this Defensive Setup really work with much less charges available?

Well, it's a mage with 6.5k HP and solid slow on enemies, you dont want to use charges with range skill, unless it is channeling skill like blight. As soon as you get a aspect of the spider you become unkillable, Forbidden Taste flask gives you 2 full recharges of life. You can die from one shot as any build in this game, the only alternative for this build is a Trickster, howewer I would recommend a Juggernout for elemental spell build, RF is great with Juggernout btw.
If I use Death's Oath, how can/should I mitigate the 450 chaos damage per second debuff? Should I try to cap chaos resistance to 75% via items?

This is my first league and I am following your guide. Thank you very much.
"
jshim323 wrote:
If I use Death's Oath, how can/should I mitigate the 450 chaos damage per second debuff? Should I try to cap chaos resistance to 75% via items?

This is my first league and I am following your guide. Thank you very much.

Hi there, I'm glad that you've choosen my guide =D, thank you.
First of all I want you to notice that death oath is an end game item, it's really hard to get right colors os sockets there, unless you can spend enought Chromatics (about 300-500).
As you could notice Occultists Ascendant passive Withering Presence already gives you 60% chaos resistance, with some chaos resistance on rings/belt/amulet/boots/shield you easly can get 75%. Honestly you wont feel 450 chaos damage degen even with +50% chaos resistance.
Hope that was informative C;
Updated 3.7 stuff, POB, VID, Ask anything! =D
Interesting build and impressive display on uber elder with only 5L! I wonder how's your experience with mapping in general? How tanky is the build? I guess it's not as much as CI, and some other bosses can be a pain? It'd be great if you include a section about your defenses/playstyle I think. Thanks for writing the guide.
A filthy casual

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info