Does some ascendancy trial trap damage ignore healing?

I am frustrated and embarassed that I failed the labyrinth, silver key room, third stage, two times! I forgot to do it earlier and went back to get it out of the way. 45 minutes gone, wtf!

The first time it was a spiky door. My movement pattern got fucked, I was stunned or something, got dragged into the door. I'm fucking mashing my healing flask button and health is still dropping.

The second time it was a spinning blade. I ran though it because it was ez area, wft, mashing flask, nothing!

I outlevel it by 25 levels, nothing in there can hurt me in first two stages but third stage killed by traps twice. Do some traps ignore healing?

Last bumped on Dec 13, 2018, 6:11:59 PM
I believe it is Bleed damage (most/many traps cause this) which hurts even more if you are moving.

Get a flask or two with Bleed removal and immunity.
Last edited by superbomb1967 on Dec 13, 2018, 2:10:52 PM
"
superbomb1967 wrote:
I believe it is Bleed damage which hurts even more if you are moving.

Get a flask or two with Bleed removal and immunity.

OK, thanks, that might be what happend.
Traps don't care much about your level... they do a percent of your health rather than a flat amount. They ignore evasion completely. Armor helps a little. Best counter to them is health regen... lots of it.
Yeah traps do massive damage and unless you have RF Jug levels of regen and armor they will kill you quick. They were designed to force you to avoid them, and with a few exceptions for certain builds that is still the best strategy.

It can be difficult at first but it only takes a little practice to get good at avoiding the traps. Also don't do lab while you are drinking even if you think you are good at it :D
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Traps don't care much about your level... they do a percent of your health rather than a flat amount. They ignore evasion completely. Armor helps a little. Best counter to them is health regen... lots of it.

The best counter is movespeed. Because they deal a certain % of your max life per second, it's mathematically impossible for them to kill you if you can get through them under a certain amount of time.

Just leap slam/WB/lightning warp/quicksilver your way through them and stop trying to do them as if they were actual movement puzzles. Cue 1k hour design expert memes.

That said, the next best thing is phys resist. CWDT+IC, Basalt flasks and Enduring Cry + Inc Duration are lifesavers.
Last edited by suszterpatt on Dec 13, 2018, 2:28:33 PM
"
suszterpatt wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

The best counter is movespeed. Because they deal a certain % of your max life per second, it's mathematically impossible for them to kill you if you can get through them under a certain amount of time.

You see... thats what I thought... just quicksilver run through the them, but doing that and mashing the healing flask, health still dropping like a rock!

I didn't have this problem last time I did it, but I didnt outlevel it as much and I respected the traps.
Leap Slam is probably the best movement skill to use in labs because you can hop over a lot of dumb things. They are traps, after all. You're supposed to avoid them or at least as much as you can.

What I find people doing a lot is that they are just trying to rush through the traps mindlessly. You need to understand what kind of traps are in front of you and actually try to maneuver yourself while moving through them.

Some people just pray and mash their quicksilver flasks and healing potions when they notice their life going down. Even worse when they mash all of their healing potions and you're not even 1/5th through the trap yet lol.
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
Everyones talking around it but you have to run a bleed flask or you will die pretty much anytime you get hit by a chopper or spikes, move speed and movement skills don't matter if you bleed to death mid-air to the brutal damage over time lol
Another thing to be careful of that I still kick myself for doing sometimes is running along WITH the trap. Especially in the earlier labs when you are probably slower the moving blades traps move about the same speed as you run with quicksilver on. All the flask spam in the world isn't going to save you when you are standing on top of the trap as you move. It is often better to stop and let the trap pass you by then start running again. Ideally if you have to run through a trap you do it when you are going in opposite directions so you are in the trap as little time as possible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info