PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Burning Arrow

Gonna try split arrow+curse on hit+flamability+vulnerability+life gain on hit+chain to setup curses and heal then use burning arrow +inc burning+ele prelif+weapon physical+ weapon elemental.
With avatar of fire, burning, curse witch and marauder fire clusters
havent added numbers yet tho.
I'm currently leveling a self-found physical bow ranger and find burning arrow much easier to use than blast rain. How much would I be giving up by sticking with the simpler skill, and is there a "direct projectile" alternative with better damage?
So it seems like any added fire or extra fire damage does not add any burning ground damage to pitch darkness jewel.

Is this a bug or was it intended to work like Herald of Ashe Extra Fire Damage: Which indicate adds fire damage to all non-damage-over-time sources, including those from spells, attacks, and traps.
Last edited by smoki99 on Feb 3, 2018, 7:03:39 AM
Damage over Time never benefits from flat Damage bonuses. Working as intended.
"
Working as intended.

BS.

Pitch Darkness burning ground damage based on ignite damage caused by the skill (unless they've changed this silently some time ago)
Overall ignite damage affected by flat added damage in the way as you suppose.
Last edited by 0xF on Feb 3, 2018, 8:55:24 AM
"
0xF wrote:
Pitch Darkness burning ground damage based on ignite damage caused by the skill (unless they've changed this silently some time ago)

Yeah real silent like.
Not hard to find on the wiki y'know. :/ Do a little research before you call someone else's comments bullshit. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 3, 2018, 4:39:45 PM
Im looking forward to the Burning Arrow changes, and plan on starting the league with it - But I just hope the changes are adequate. Most people believe they won't be.

See, here's the problem with BA. Ignite only does a portion of the base fire damage of the attack. So by scaling the ignite damage, you are only scaling a small portion of your total damage. It is ALWAYS better to scale the hit, than the ignite. The only way I can see to change this, would be to maybe lower the base damage of BA, and then give it like 200% damage with ignites. That way scaling the ignite is better to use the skill as intended.

Another problem with BA is the survivability. The hits can leech, the ignite can't. So in going with scaling ignite damage, it becomes a real problem trying to stay alive. Once again, scaling the hits instead of ignite becomes WAY more beneficial. Until, of course, your damage is high enough that you can cap the leech without scaling hits. But getting to that point will be hard.

I don't know if any of the devs ever read these, but I hope BA turns out to be everything I dream it to be. If anyone else plans on starting with BA, how are you planning to build?
Please post new feedback for this skill gem here - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2160108
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info