General Gem Discussion

I've just tried Dominating Blow. Ugh, this gem is awful right now. And, for the love of god, why was it nerfed so hard when SRS simply reduced 70% damage effectiveness? Not to mention that SRS has way better minion AI than this skill...Dominated minions spend majority of mind running around and staring blankly at enemy. Damage? I can onehit white monsters with unlinked DB but dominated monsters need 5-6 attacks to kill another white mob...

GGG please
Nothing here
All versions of mines need a fix. Currently if you use them you must walk to the place your mouse is at and then it will place them this is a waste of time and an annoyance they need to be placed at your position the moment you use the ability, your mouse is never going to be around your character in this game and having to use an extra button (attack in place) to place down a mine every time is more trouble then playing a mine character is worth.
The skill used by High Gardens boss should be in the game.
Its some beam from the sky.

you can watch a variant in the arpg van helsing. i just love it and I can only imagine linking it with so many support in Poe.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlytdgDV_fQ&t=17m49s

Could this be a channeling spell?
It might be a bit too powerful if it will go offscreen with increased duration 20-20%
All name locking skills aka elemental hit should be re-worked asap.

Why skills such as lightning strike are named locked and skills such as frost blades work so smoothly is even beyond comprehension.

Do dev's even play this game? Or can we assume they are just stupid?
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
Skills system should be reworked, for example +1 lvl gems and empower linked with melee skills should gave much more benefits and power, same goes to aura (we loose higher reservation if link aura with empower but takes small bonus for it? lol).

Spells and attacks should have some kind of balance, either buff melee or remove it from game.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Last edited by TreeOfDead on Oct 7, 2016, 10:04:43 AM
Here we go:

-Lightning Skill
-Creates shocking ground while channeling
-Shocking ground would probably need a duration
-When the channel is released the shocks are energized and erupt with an explosion
-Shocks that expire still explode but with less damage
IGN - PMJ
question for GGG: what has caused the restriction of the number of stones - abilities related to unarmed combat style?
Hello there,

I would suggest a new skill and i think it might not need a lot of work (I am not experienced in programming so sorry if I overestimated it). Sorry if I make gramatical errors.

Bow skill

Single arrow, exactly like ballistas arrow but for exile and it requires time too build up, like earthquake but for bow.

After a quick build up it releases a single powerful, piercing arrow in wanted direction. It cannot be modified to with multiple projectile so it has to remain single arrow. While it is charging a character remains still (0.3-1sec?)

Damage should be powerful, somewhere like combined earthquakes first and second phase damage.

Speed to relase/charge up the arrow should be like ballistas time to load up an arrow, ice crashes time to explode or earthquakes second blast (unmodified times). Speed and shotting speed should be changeable with gems like less duration, faster attack speed,... Depending on players personal preference (speed or power)

Requires level 28 to use, bow weapon

Utility skill?

Hurls a bomb of black sludge like those serpants in the belly of the beast.

On landing, bomb disperses and creates an area of sludge that slows down enemies, lowering their chaos resists and dealing chaos/poison damage over time while they are stepping on it.

Requires level 16 to use, no specific weapon required

p.s. Please buff up rain of arrows, burning arrow and other skills which are not used in late game or are very hard to push them to that level of usefullness.

Have a nice day and greeting from Croatia,

Arc_l
Last edited by arc_l on Oct 30, 2016, 4:54:44 PM
I just want ot ask - does anybody, aside from me and umbra, uses dual strike? I have feeling that this skill needs something, that will bring him back from void..
You should subdivide this forum into Melee,Bow,Traps,Spells,Mines and Misc(tp gem)etc probably missed some.
Last edited by Kavlor on Nov 6, 2016, 4:23:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info